• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I hope noodle sword has same sound effects.

Marty.

Smash Cadet
NNID
Z4157M
Ryu's low forward into hadoken is a safe blockstring. I mean down tilt to neutral b is safe on shield.
So if Roy keeps his Melee gimmick, Lucina might even become worse than she already is.
But what about if his n-special has been changed like Marth's

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
His honestly should be kept same as Melee.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So what's our opinion on the Lucario/Ryu MU?
EZ win.
Why would anyone even WANT to play this non-dog version of Lucario???
Complete rip off clone character.

okay but really i'll probably end up using him, ryu's the man, man

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
The biggest travesty of @Dabuz 's tier list isn't that Lucario is one spot above ganondorf and lower than ike. It's that he has the blue star for better with customs when all of his customs are bad except for like one aurasphere variant which is situational at best and still only good in like 5 matchups. Lucario definitely belongs higher than D tier though, he has too high breadth of options and too much obnoxious stuff like ASC > upsmash or the ASC ledge option select.

@Trela - please come back to us :(
IMO the biggest travesty is that he is given any attention at all.

Obviously the guy is good at the game, but his arrogance and attitude of 'Im right because you all suck LOL' makes for a truly awful tier list limited to only 'I think this character is good because I lost a match once, this character sucks because I havent seen one since I refuse to travel'.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So Hadouken does 5 or 6%, huh?

Fresh fully charged Aura Sphere at 32% does 14% (which beats out 5% moves) and a fresh one at 44% does 15% (which beats it if a move is 6%). Unless if Hadouken has blocking properties.

Gotta be careful to not get Shoryukened with our BReversals...

So yeah. Gonna do my standard max chart test when this patch is truly live.

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
If you input special attacks like Street Fighter inputs (down, downforward, forward, punch special), apparently they get something like 1.2x boost in power. Tilts get stronger the longer you hold the button, like weak/heavy attacks, etc. Hadouken probably does a little more damage than Luigi's fireball.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wouldn't worry about Aura being buffed or nerfed.

A multihitting projectile will be good just because multihits.

Focus Attack could be stupidly good at forcing 50:50 guess in certain situations and getting put into a crumple state looks OP.

Dtilt looks stupidly good.

I want to see see four Ryus in dubs.

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
May be a placebo effect, but it feels like Lucario's jab links together correctly now. Replays don't work, so balancing was definitely a thing that happened.

e: they definitely fixed his jab. Went to Training, opponent is Sheik, set damage to 100%, whacked her three times. The first two jabs barely move her at all.

Last edited:

Timbah

Smash Cadet
May be a placebo effect, but it feels like Lucario's jab links together correctly now. Replays don't work, so balancing was definitely a thing that happened.

e: they definitely fixed his jab. Went to Training, opponent is Sheik, set damage to 100%, whacked her three times. The first two jabs barely move her at all.
SWEET

I can't test right now. Have you seen if it jab-resets and/or jab-cancels into something now? Or did they jusr make it link together?

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman

Does the IASA on jab not suck completely now?

Space thing

Smash Apprentice

Testing it side-by-side on a Pre-patch 3DS and Post-patch Wii U at 200% in training, there does indeed seem to be a big difference, as you say. Neat.

@ Timbah Timbah
Still seems the same in that regard.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
B attacks now keep the fast fall momentum

Edit: actually.. No.

But there is something that feels faster...

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I haven't noticed any changes in Lucario's damage output, yet.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
"omg lucario's bair comes out twice as fast!"

"oops I didn't notice I increased speed to x2!"
ha! that's swell...

I tried to figure out lucario changes (if any) but I don't know him well enough to judge things that finitely. Link, on the other hand, got some good stuff so hopefully Lucario got some nice business too!

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Jab linking better is great, if the move was actually ever worth using over utilt. When both moves share the same startup and you can actually follow U-tilt with other things, why even have a jab.

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
So the Miiverse stage is supposed to cheer your character on right? Then why am I getting nothing but "Lucario super OP, please nerf" and "Aura S-tier" messages while playing?

Nintendo: Learn to filter properly plox.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
So the Miiverse stage is supposed to cheer your character on right? Then why am I getting nothing but "Lucario super OP, please nerf" and "Aura S-tier" messages while playing?

Nintendo: Learn to filter properly plox.
LOL, I havent gotten any of that stuff. just badly drawn lucarios and "wow such aura" stuff

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

The bolded has been stated by a few people actually so it probably is true. My guess is the only change to him in this patch.

Stigmata

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thorizard10
3DS FC
3652-1600-9459
Lucario's jab definitely connects better now. First hit finally has fixed knockback. The first hit of jab used to kill with max aura and high damage while it now just sends people into the second hit. This is great for Luc being able to actually use his jab well!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
With how few changes Lucario gets over all the patches, he apparently is pretty much balanced design-wise, at least according to the devs.

Very few character have had so little changes.

Last edited:

Stigmata

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thorizard10
3DS FC
3652-1600-9459
I'd really like to have the 3DS recovery back though. Landing without napping would be cool

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That was added for balance purposes. Being able to recover from the bottom corner of FD and land back onstage with almost no penalty is pretty stupid considering you could immediately shield or roll away. Maybe reduce the amount of cooldown, but it definitely needed one to be "fair" from a design viewpoint.

Last edited:

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
That was added for balance purposes. Being able to recover from the bottom corner of FD and land back onstage with almost no penalty is pretty stupid considering you could immediately shield or roll away. Maybe reduce the amount of cooldown, but it definitely needed one to be "fair" from a design viewpoint.
Guess they forgot about that when they made rob/villager/pikachu.

Top Bottom