• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I only feel like lucario has the advantage when he has aura and rage but in neutral game i feel like he struggles to hard
Depends, but if you get the lead it's sometimes hard to lose it.

He is literally high risk high reward.

Though pushed to the super extreme with aura.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Wow, your win against m2k was glorious @ Steam Steam

The Aura Sphere Jump Cancel Up Smash finisher was salt-inducing especially because that was the first time you hit him with it.

I'd say that this was still a great victory for you Lucario mains regardless of all the horrible mistakes m2k made lol.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Hey! I thought this was the evil lucario thread. Why did you ban him? Shouldn't trash talk be encouraged here?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably. But no one wants their feelings hurt. :(

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I thought I'd never see such execution with that *_* I remember thinking of this when the 3DS version came out but disregarded it really quickly as it was just too tough to do consistently, I'm so glad to be proven wrong on it now. What's your method in doing it? Your consistency is almost scary so I thought you might have a special style in doing it, as the classic way I know feels a bit too clunky for consistency.

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
Wow, I thought I'd never see such execution with that *_* I remember thinking of this when the 3DS version came out but disregarded it really quickly as it was just too tough to do consistently, I'm so glad to be proven wrong on it now. What's your method in doing it? Your consistency is almost scary so I thought you might have a special style in doing it, as the classic way I know feels a bit too clunky for consistency.
In my opinion, doing things like this (ASC>Jump cancelled Upsmash for example) is complicated but it just requires practice. It's dwelling into a deeper level of skill with Lucario because techniques with ASC makes nice set-ups.

I suppose the right term for this is practice until you are "Frame perfect" with it.

EDIT: While i'm talking about ASC, are there any other set-ups with ASC other than the Jump cancelled Upsmash? (Ex. Force Palm, Fsmash?)

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bair works under some circumstances. I think FP and fsmash may not work since they could just jump or throw out a quick aerial. Someone with more knowledge on frame data or something would know more, I barely use ASC since I am a scrub. I'm working on it I swear... ._.

Last edited:

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
Well my only argument is that can't people jump out of the Jump cancelled up smash? Or does it happen that fast when you get it down by the frames where you can't get out of it and it's a confirmed hit?

All I know though personally is that Force Palm has a bigger chance to hit than Fsmash. Using FP is harder though as you'll most cases end up rolling instead of turning around to FP. I don't know frame data though if using FP is viable.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It depends on your pecent and positioning. Maybe if you're hit with the tip of a large charge, maybe you can SDI out, but if done fast enough, the person will get hit. I've avoided it a few times when people have tried it on me, but not sure if it was because it was done too slow or because the charge was too big already to connect into usmash since I got hit with the tip of it. At the very least, it's a strong option that should be practiced and kept in mind when someone is near kill percents.

The idea is you b-reverse/wavebounce into someone or you read their roll, then connect into usmash with no hesitation so they can't react in time. And since there are very few Lucario players, most people don't know about this until they get hit by it.

Last edited:

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
The element of surprise is actually a thing in this game, amusingly.
I've had some games won by throwing Aura sphere out and edge-guard people since it hits fingers.

And even if they roll onto stage to dodge, if you put yourself right where they roll. You get an easy punish.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I use the Axe method of tilting the stick all the way to the side and slide it down. With ASC, you can instantly tilt to the side without rolling, so i use this to my advantage.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I use the Axe method of tilting the stick all the way to the side and slide it down. With ASC, you can instantly tilt to the side without rolling, so i use this to my advantage.
Oh I see, that sounds more than a logical way to do it. I haven't really looked into the different ways of executing it but this sound by far a better and a more consistent way of doing it. Practice time!

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
Is there an article or something about that input? I mean, it clear enough to understand how but... just for illustration purposes only.

EDIT: Nvm, found a video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--214R3R5qw

Last edited:

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
Yay. I managed to learn how to edge-trump without having to jump with Lucario. Now having to continue practicing ledgegrab>reverse B onto the ground.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Oh I see, that sounds more than a logical way to do it. I haven't really looked into the different ways of executing it but this sound by far a better and a more consistent way of doing it. Practice time!
BTW can you do me a favor?

Can you say hi to Trifroze for me?

I'm a big fan of his youtube content xD

Last edited:

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I need to practice wavebouncing more. I can pull it off a good portion of the time but I still accidentally do Force Palm more than I'm comfortable with xP

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I need to practice wavebouncing more. I can pull it off a good portion of the time but I still accidentally do Force Palm more than I'm comfortable with xP
Practice all the different types of wavebouncing right now that youre still learning. This should help you out in the long run since you'll be familiar with them earlier.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There is one that is trickier and I gotta nail that one down.

If it still works from brawl it's where you turn around but retain your momentum when you charge an aura sphere. Not sure if it still works though.

But yeah just practice the inputs in training mode and you should be good to go on that.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
There is one that is trickier and I gotta nail that one down.

If it still works from brawl it's where you turn around but retain your momentum when you charge an aura sphere. Not sure if it still works though.

But yeah just practice the inputs in training mode and you should be good to go on that.
This can be done, tricky timing that I haven't nailed down yet as well.

I feel DTilt has more uses than I give it credit for too...

Timbah

Smash Cadet
That's called a turn-around b. I also have a lot of trouble with that one because you have to wait until the stick gets to neutral before you hit b.

I feel DTilt has more uses than I give it credit for too...
At super low percents (mostly 0%) D-tilt can get you a grab on most characters, and sometimes you can string into a F-air. Aside from that though I don't know what else can be done with it.

It does have a weird hitbox that hits behind you sometimes, so that's good to trick opponents.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I've managed to avoid punishes with dtilt and managed to time it well enough to keep an opponent from reaching the edge twice in a row today. I don't use tilts as often as I should (though I'm trying to get better at using them) because I have a tendency to bounce around the controller at extreme speed mach 7 xP

ƒaeyth

Smash Cadet
Hi I drew some pokemon fan art and I wanted to share wit you guys :>

isn't steam cute

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hi I drew some pokemon fan art and I wanted to share wit you guys :>

isn't steam cute
Not as cute as that Sylveon.

Hello fae, Steam's bae.

Please tell @ Steam Steam to not quit Smash, I feel he would be able to take Fishbait and more if he practiced a bit more :x

You can use your fairy powers to convince him, right?

Top Bottom