• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Timbah

Smash Cadet
Moves that can cause your character's momentum to be halted for a brief moment like Toon Link's down air attack or Sheik's down air attack won't do so if they're used right after you exit hitstun sustained from another attack. It's the reason that Captain Falcon's Wind-up Raptor Boost causes him to move very far in a direction when it is used right after hitstun ends.
Ah, I see. Thank you.

That means it cannot be done whenever you want, just after getting out if hitstun, correct? That sucks, being able to do a d-air while moving upwards anytime would be sweet.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Where's the Skype at?
Forgot where it was now but my brother is planning on joining in. I feel that pretty much everyone here in Canada underestimates Lucario so it will be glorious to see how good his Lucario can get from all the practice.

If any of you guys are interested in some Rosalina MU practice, I'd be glad to help you out with that once my internet is back up. c:

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
If there's one thing I dislike about Lucario's aura mechanic, it's the fact that it's inaccurate to any sort of source material. The whole "getting stronger the more hits I take" thing would actually make a ton more sense on a character like Charizard.

As far as I can recall, Lucario has never once demonstrated any sort of thing to get stronger as he's gotten hit, except the move Reversal in his games, which practically nobody uses. The closest thing I can recall is Berserker Mega Lucario, but that was a side effect of Mega Evolution, not him really taking damage.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
If there's one thing I dislike about Lucario's aura mechanic, it's the fact that it's inaccurate to any sort of source material. The whole "getting stronger the more hits I take" thing would actually make a ton more sense on a character like Charizard.

As far as I can recall, Lucario has never once demonstrated any sort of thing to get stronger as he's gotten hit, except the move Reversal in his games, which practically nobody uses. The closest thing I can recall is Berserker Mega Lucario, but that was a side effect of Mega Evolution, not him really taking damage.
Actually Endure Salac Berry Reversal was one of his Flagship sets in Gen 4.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
literally who cares
le its not in the anime so why can he do it
im sure you can find some nice 2009 topics about this somewhere else =^_^=

Gune

Smash Lord

In brawl there was no basis for it but now Lucario has the hidden ability Justified which is kind off like aura mechanic except with dark type moves.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Guys, remember when Pikachu kicked Pokemon in the anime? W-what? But he uses kicks in Smash 64...

It's SMASH BROS, not Pokemon anime simulator. Not everything has to be 100% loyal to source material, especially in a FIGHTING game...

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Guys, remember when Pikachu kicked Pokemon in the anime? W-what? But he uses kicks in Smash 64...

It's SMASH BROS, not Pokemon anime simulator. Not everything has to be 100% loyal to source material, especially in a FIGHTING game...
Enjoy Mewtwo only being heavier than Jigglypuff. :B

Pokken does look a little more faithful to the source material... Suicune and Lucario are two of my favorites, so I'm happy and looking forward to it... Now if it only had Lopunny...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You say that, but then Pikachu Mishima says otherwise.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So hey
Back from day 1 of revelations 2
Me and Steam teamed.

So good so far, we won all of our matches, both individually, and in teams. Although it's tomorrow where ****s gonna get real...

A bit scared ****less though.
On my way back, 2 cars merged into the same ****ing spot at the same time and slammed against each other on the free way doing 80 and crashed out like. Literally right the **** infront of me. Thankfully they spun off into the opposite directions and miraculously thinned the needle as they crashed.

I hate driving man.
Doesn't matter how safe you drive, it only takes one idiot to make a mistake and endanger those around them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So they tried to F-Zero you but they mistimed the side attack. Too bad the spin attack missed too. What a way to retire from the race...

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably because not too many people care about it.

Croi

Smash Lord
Unless the person getting hit by it isn't dumb enough to fall for it.

DT is hard enough to land as it is. If the Shocker confirms but gets read or misses the strike, at least default will get you out of danger. But with the Shocker you're asking them to punish you for successfully countering their hit.

Too risky and the trades aren't worth. DT is crazy strong by itself and is safe on confirm, getting a FP/usmash/fsmash is an unnecessary extra step that can fail.

Last edited:

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
I did some testing earlier this year on Stunning Double Team

Decided to do some testing in Training Mode with Stunning Double Team. Mario was the training dummy.
I tested it out to see what percentages his Smash Attacks connects.
The speed was set to 1/4. I kept holding the shield button as Mario and I kept flicking the C-Stick as Lucario, to make sure if its a perfect shield. These percentages are after the hit. Tested at 0% and at Max

190% Stunning Double Team Damage: 5%

Forward Smash Hit: 51%
Down Smash Hit: 41%
Up Smash Hit: 29%

0% Stunning Double Team Damage: 1%

Forward Smash: 71%
Down Smash: 62%
Up Smash: 40%
It's kinda weird the percentages are different from 0% and 190%

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Was gonna ask if M2k even has a main after flopping since the Diddy patch, but now I get to find out who he used.
Hope it wasn't palutena from what I read earlier today.

Edit: omg it was palutena lolol
So that's what they meant by his palu being a train wreck compared to alsm's crisp palu play.

Last edited:

Timbah

Smash Cadet
That game against M2K was slick! Really helps to put in context how much I really suck. I really need to practice more.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It also shows context how bad m2k was playing that entire set.
He really needs to just do what he always does and go to top tiers already (sheik) or just settle on one character instead of playing everyone, cause watching this he's playing like assssssssssssssssssss since the diddy patch compared to his counterpart Zero.

Last edited:

Timbah

Smash Cadet
It also shows context how bad m2k was playing that entire set.
He really needs to just do what he always does and go to top tiers already (sheik) or just settle on one character instead of playing everyone, cause watching this he's playing like assssssssssssssssssss since the diddy patch compared to his counterpart Zero.
Agreed, he was getting his rolls read. That's like the classical mistake people get punished for. He also kept DI-ing away from the u-throws, like he just wanted to get f-air chained. Still an impressive match by Steam.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ah, this weekend was the weekend of Lucario...hope it doesn't stay a one-time thing.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Honestly Falcon was a bad counterpick too, because steam has had SO much experience with him. HA!

He was so happy after that match too! I damn near had a tear in my eye~
That's my senpai~! <3

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
I dunno M2K wasn't doing very well against me, and I made tons of mistakes myself.

but It's still literally a dream come true.

Last edited:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
It wasn't a Lucario weekend in Australia. I'm so ****ing bad at this game atm, no more tr4sh tournaments till the practice is back up, you wouldn't believe what I lost to.

On a lighter side melee doubles GF...yay :w

Though we lost 3-1 aha.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I'm kinda sad there's not really an influx of people wanting to play blue aura dog after Steam beat M2K.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm kinda sad there's not really an influx of people wanting to play blue aura dog after Steam beat M2K.
It's because Lucario is not easy to play and a lot of people don't care about him if they never played Pokemon.

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
I personally find Lucario one of the most difficult yet rewarding to play. Bugs me to hear constantly that he gets rewarded for playing badly. He gets rewarded for surviving.

I picked up Lucario instantly when Sm4sh came out and haven't changed since.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm not.
B)

I can do without a bunch of noobies coming in here to pick up the "Next best character!" only to drop him for whatever character causes an upset the next month.

EDIT: When did I become such a cynical piece of ****? LMAO

Last edited:
Top Bottom