• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario < Peach?

DMF~

Smash Cadet
So I have been playing as Lucario a lot and I am starting to learn that he is not the most dependable character. I wasn't sure if I should switch or which character to switch to. Would Peach be a good transition? I've been considering this for a while. She seems like an easy character to play, I just wanted to know if this is a good or a bad idea and if it is what are some tips to playing Peach well?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
If you're looking for an easy to play character, you are totally in the wrong character boards.

Peach is among one of the most technically demanding and input heavy characters in the game. Perfect spacing and precision are a MUST, or you will get wrecked. The learning phase of this character is a bit more strenuous than most. In addition, switching from a heavier mid weight with relatively strong kill options, to a light weight with gimmicky/strong read dependentdependent kill options is very difficult.

She has a lot of great qualities and she's incredibly fun but she is not easy to become good with. Most characters aren't but her especially.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Peach is definitely among the toughest characters in the game but she is so much fun and it feels awesome when you do well/win stuff. I used to main a low tier so I'm not afraid to admit doing well with Peach takes more work than Zelda but winning with Peach is far more rewarding.

But yeah if you're looking for better characters, move up from Lucario on the tier list rather than below.

:phone:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
You Peach mainers probably don't know me, (as I do main Ness, however I have Peach as a secondary lol) but regardless, I'll give my 2 cents. =P

Anyways... Peach is definitely NOT an easy character to pick up. She has one of the highest learning curves in the game. As Dark Pch. said: "If you don't want to work that hard with this character, this is not the character for you."

She can rack up damage easily, though at times, it's difficult to land the finishing blow and people just want to force that kill, which is something you can't do as Peach. (I myself do it at times, which I need to stop doing)
Other common mistakes Peach players make are:
-Giving up too early
-Using Dair too much
-Abusing Peach Bomber
-Staling the hell out of her KO moves
And some others I can't think of atm. :p

She requires precision, great spacing, and having the ability to pressure your opponent and take advantage of them.

The main thing that makes Peach totally unique and different from others is her Float. Without it, Peach couldn't do every trick she can do. You need to learn how to use it well and wisely to be great with Peach. She has great qualities and it's definitely fun to win with Peach though. :p

In the end though, if you aren't that satisfied with Lucario, you probably won't be satisfied with Peach. And like Aleate said, you should be moving UP on the tier list from Lucario, rather than going down.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Peach rewards creativity. I'm also almost one hundred percent certain she's one of the hardest characters in the game to be successful with in tournament. Toss up between Pikachu, Peach, Marth, Ice Climbers, and Yoshi.

If you feels as though you aren't a creative or unique player in some shape or form don't even bother playing her. Each top level Peach has at least one redeeming quality that sets them apart from the rest which influenced their success.

Albeit, the metagame is a bit old so players have started catching on more and more so there's really not a huge amount left for this character to offer.. especially from a player out of nowhere. What Peach needs are smarter and safer players in order to rise on the current tier list. I'm not saying you can't, it's just not expected and will be very rough.

I recommend watching some videos online, reading the Advancing Peach's Metagame thread (just to get a gist on how you need to think/tech skill to play her) and really focusing in on her combos, turnips, and float.

The switch from Lucario to Peach would be EXTREMELY annoying at first. It's practically the opposite. As you get hit, you go for more kill moves and can rack up damage easier. As Peach gets hit she needs to be a lot more careful about what moves to throw out so she can:

1) Land (her airdodge is terrible)
2) Not die (since she does way earlier than Lucario)
3) Kill (her moves aren't nearly as strong and stale a lot faster due to the limited amount available)

I mean.. yeah, every character needs to do that - but with Peach you really have to focus on it and put even more work into those three points drastically. She's tons of fun, so try it out. Doesn't really seem like you have anything to lose.

Top Bottom