• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Match-Up?

~Dionysus~

Smash Rookie
NNID
WingedOreoz
Hey everyone! So I recently went to a tournament in which both my losses were from (a very campy) Lucario. Does anyone have advice on approaching this match-up as Peach? Also, does anyone else have trouble with this one or is it just me?

Thanks in advance friends! <3

snackwel5

Smash Rookie
I'm not to experienced in this match-up in particular, but with most campy characters you want to try to approach with short hop air dodges. Hopefully someone has more advice than what I can give.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Pluck a turnip and run in there blocking any Aura Spheres along the way is the best was to get close to Rollycario. With a turnip in hand the worst thing you have to worry about is being grabbed and he can only camp so much at low percents. When you approach his space where tossing spheres is unsafe for him you can try some floating Dairs unless he starts Fair swatting at you then you will have to make some feints to get closer.

If he's really run and roll your going to just have to focus on reading his movement patters and keeping a turnip for OoS quick damage because even though he's not that fast chasing Lucario can be a pain. Go for grabs alot until he starts expecting them then you can run up on him with Dairs or bait the dodge and hit him some other way. Be looking to KO him or gimp him at 80%

Enenra

Smash Rookie
Lucario beats peach in the MU... Lucario can either be very defensive or offensive and if the player switches it up

Top Bottom