• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

lucario master of aura

Sauron_The_Great

Smash Apprentice
NNID
drewsauron
Sauron_The_Great submitted a new guide:

lucario master of aura - a guide to lucario

Lucario is the Sun Wukong of smash (if you play smite, you'll get what im trying to say). He gets stronger as hes damaged, has great options, and his combos are insane. Lets start out with pros and cons
Pros
Aura-gains power as he is damaged
Fairly heavy
Great combos
Recovery is god-level op (i call it the dog of nope)
Force palm is a powerful melee attack but also a short range projectile
You can actually chain the dair
Cons
Very floaty
Fairly Weak physically.
His power is focused on aura...
Read more about this guide...

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
There are a fair number of things wrong/missing about this guide. I hate to be "that guy" who goes around raining on other people's parades, but to be fair, the guide is very sparse. First off, Lucario can do next to nothing combo-wise, the forward-air into specials has never worked for me, not once in my 3+ years playing as Lucario. The only two good combos he has are forward throw to forward-air, chained twice, which you left out entirely, and the up throw to up-air, which I have no complaints about. Secondly, you didn't back up a single thing you stated with data from the game. For example, you just said "fairly heavy", his actual weight is 99, or 16th, and you never mentioned a single damage value, when his aura caps out(190%) or anything of that nature. You never mentioned the two-second delay upon hitting the ground if Extremespeed ends in midair, since it's Lucario's biggest leave-himself-open move. Overall, not the best guide, I have definitely seen worse, but this could use work. Ask if you need any tips on stuff to edit it or put in, I'd be happy to help, any Lucario main is a friend of mine. Sorry if anything I said sounded a little harsh.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I try to be nice about my critiques, I know we Smashers have a notorious reputation for being very salty people(and yes, we are, to an extent), but I try to break the mold. Did you put any damage values in? If not, here's a few that can help.
Aura Sphere(No Aura): 4-13 damage
Aura Sphere(Max Aura): 12-29 damage
Forward-tilt(No Aura): 7 damage(3 then 4)
Those are three damage values i am able to come up with off the top of my head. I can try to think up some more, but I may very well make my own guide.

Top Bottom