• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario is Voiced By The Voice actor of Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Lucario is voiced by Sean Schemmel, also known as the voice actor for Goku in the funimation dub of Dragon Ball Z.

His final smash looks like a Kamehameha.

Sorry just had to post this. Thought it was cool and funny.

<3

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Holy ****. I never noticed. That is kinda funny if you think about it.

Great, now I'm just gonna spam up taunt whenever possible in my matches. :D

SpazzerEXE

Smash Apprentice
Wow I could barely tell, didn't know Goku's voice could get so deep and gruff. And I always liked to think of his Final Smash as a slightly moar awesome hyper beam but a Kamehameha works too I suppose xD

Nodrak

Smash Ace
lol yup, this actually made it on the 'assembly of unfamiliar information' post. This guy also some of the Sonic games/series as Shadow. But as you've said, he's more well known as the longest voice actor of Goku in the english dub

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
The fact that I knew Schemmel voiced English Lucario probably aided in my search for a main prior to Brawl, lol.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Um....I don't see Sean's name in the credits. Not to mention that upon rewatching the Lucario movie, the voices are completely different. Sean belongs to 4Kids, so I think Nintendo used someone at Pokemon USA to do Lucario's new voice. Before one brings up Squirtle and Jigglypuff, I'm sure those are just stock voices used for the anime. =/

Nodrak

Smash Ace
wikipedia, IMDB, ect
Keep in mind he's a voice actor. You don't get hired by the voice you have, you get hired by how you can change your voice to what they like.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Kind of, but Lucario's "spirit bomb" didn't miss in the movie/show (I don't think, I never actually watched it)
Goku's on the other hand, missed every time it was thrown =S Even the one he was charging for like 6 shows missed!

SpazzerEXE

Smash Apprentice
Well in Po-KEE-man Aura Sphere was a guaranteed hit so I doubt its a Spirit bomb aswell. I imagine if anyone charged anything for 6 episodes its bound to miss cause the person on the recieving end would like go and make a sandwhich or play smashbros. =/

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
DBZ was the stuff tho back in the day. I watched it back about 6 years ago when i was in 7th grade. I think it also has a lot to do with why i use marth (trunks was my favorite character in the show). Trunks establised that swords are essential for pwnage.

Dark Crimson

Smash Apprentice
that does explain the kamehameha, and why something seemed familiar other than the kamehameha when he did it. even though his voice is completely changed for lucario.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
It's not the same guy, people. It's a different person entirely. Pokemon USA isn't using any of the old voice actors except for two of them who left 4Kids. Sean still works at 4Kids, and his Lucario lines aren't stock voices like Squirtle or Jigglypuff's.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awwwwwww yeah, bumping an almost 6 year old topic.

Party time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably the same guy from Brawl.

The Japanese version probably has the same voice actor in all his appearances. Japan is good about doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom