• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Extreme Speed - Bug

Kitsumiya

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else have problems with Lucario's recovery randomly messing up and turning to the wrong direction from where you are aiming?
This happens to me often and I end up self-destructing because of it.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Not a bug.

There's a very limited time where you can control the arc of extremespeed. Also keep in mind, Lucario can only turn so sharply in extremespeed. Try to turn too sharp, and the input may resolve in the other direction, which results in such embarrassing recovery antics as you described. It's happened a few times to me too.

Kitsumiya

Smash Rookie
But even when I only point in one direction and don't try to turn at all, it still causes that large turn and kills me.

MickJaegar

Smash Rookie
The initial trajectory is wherever you're pointing the analog stick before Lucario starts moving, after that moving the stick left will steer them to their left, and moving the stick right will steer them to their right. Your best bet in most cases is to let go of the analog stick once they start moving.

Top Bottom