• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LUCARIO DISRESPECT

garchomp4smash

Smash Cadet
Hey guys
Im a very good lucario player, i win 75 percent of my matches with him
Is there any disrespectful combos or spikes that I can pull off that will make everyone go crazy?
thanks

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Break their shield when you're at 180% then give them a fully charged fsmash.

I actually did this yesterday at a tourney. It was...fun.

Last edited:

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Land a U-air on someone who's at 27% and a little over halfway up the screen while you're at 183% and still have both stocks.

Also, land a back air after being juggled, a back air on one who is at 52% and you're at 126%. Then, force them to grab the ledge while they're at their next stock and 71%, and you're at 151% and have both stocks. Predicting their actions with your Aura, follow up with a short-hopped u-air when they jump-climb back onto the stage for maximum hype. Then taunt and dash dance to assert dominance while they're in the Star KO animation.

On one who is camping at the ledge while they're at kill %, fire a fully charged AS while you're about 60% +. The new ledge mechanics and Aura Sphere's size will result in a KO. Taunt your opponent's failed attempt to run down the clock as they reach the blast zone.

Bait Jigglypuff's Rest move out of her, then unleash a fully charged F-smash. If it doesn't kill, proceed to dash dance and squat/unsquat rapidly. Repeat as often as she attempts Rest.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Footstool KO an aggressive Yoshi or Falcon. If you play on For Glory practice footstools in the waiting room.
Kill them below 50 with an fsmash
Kill them at 30 when you haven't died on your first stock with Fsmash.
Kill someone below 10% with your FSmash (only did this once at 7% and it was hilarious).

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Thought up a few more after some matches the other day.

Against Little Mac, when he's off-stage and making his way back, bait his counter out of him, then, fire a baby AS at him when he attempts Jolt Haymaker. Footstool him as he's falling to his doom as you feel the need.

Against Pac Man, knock him off-stage. After his second jump on his spring board, scramble down there and steal his third bounce. If it's only his first stock, dash dance to let him know you mean business. Repeat for his second stock, only this time you need to taunt, otherwise he may not understand what kind of power he's dealing with.

Similar to Mac, against anyone with counters, juggle them for a while and poke them until they're at kill %, then while they're descending from your latest circus act, stand below them and begin charging a smash attack of your choice. Wait until their counter window ends, then unleash your wrath. Remember to dash dance and wave bounce a few times to remind them the Aura is with you.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
Landing a KO with Extreme Speed. Personally, I don't know anyone but myself who's stupid bold enough to do so on purpose.

If I'm corrected, then I commend your effort(s).

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Landing a KO with Extreme Speed. Personally, I don't know anyone but myself who's stupid bold enough to do so on purpose.
I'm your Huckleberry =P I've landed some final KOs with this before and while it's not a really good idea, it feels great to pull it off x3

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
I'm your Huckleberry =P I've landed some final KOs with this before and while it's not a really good idea, it feels great to pull it off x3
Oh hoooo ~ Thaaat's Lucario for ya - Risk and Reward. Congrats on pulling that one off.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I do some really stupid stuff when my damage is high. But then, it's one of those things where the opponent may be thinking "it would be so stupid there's no way he'd do that", but it may just be stupid enough to work, so... =P

Actually, while I'm thinking on it, I've won 3 different Sudden Deaths in 2v2 using ES. I gotta find my recording of one in particular; I honestly have no idea how I won xP

Edit: Crud I forgot to save it before the patch; it's gone forever :C But here's basically what happened: It was me and Zelda Vs 2 Mewtwos on For Fun. Zelda tried to use Farore's Wind to kill one of the M2's but they spot-dodged, grabbed, and b-threw her into Oblivion, right off the bat so now it's just me. They both roll onto the walkoff portion of the stage (Yarn Yoshi stage) and begin spamming Shadow Ball. I got a little closer and used ES. Somehow phased through their Shadow Ball spam, and KO'd both of them in one fell swoop. I seriously jumped out of my chair when that happened lol.

Last edited:

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Stage Spike someone with ExtremeSpeed, as you try to recover. This is before the Mewtwo Patch btw

Last edited:

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Oh shoot I did that once, but it was a total accident and my opponent hadn't made it all the way back to the ledge yet after a failed attempt to spike me =P

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
The salt is strong within the Aura Rage alone? Fair enough.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
My most disrespectful kill as Lucario, back at 3DS. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Extremespeed offstage on purpose to get the kill. Like after a backthrow extremespeed offstage after them....

You'd be surprised at how many of these i've landed (and not so surprised at how many times i died trying)

Last edited:

garchomp4smash

Smash Cadet
To all of you who told me to play like junebug and use extreme speed to ko:

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Man, I am the expert on ES to SD.

I hate being outdone.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I actually landed a stage-spike on someone trying to spike me on 1v1 the other day while I was recovering with ES. BEST. FEELING. EVER. Of course my opponent flipped out when the match on the CSS but yeah like I care what they say or think lol

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Extremespeed disrispect, that killed sooo early....but then again this is lucario we are talking about.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I still occasionally run into opponents who simply screw about as though they don't take Lucario as a threat online. Ran into a Meta Knight the other day that just ran up to me and started roll and taunt spamming and squatting/unsquatting at mach 5. He just kept doing little pokes and a bunch of stupid stuff; obvious he wasn't trying. Once I took his first stock though that stopped =P I guess he hasn't run into many Lucario mains before.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I still occasionally run into opponents who simply screw about as though they don't take Lucario as a threat online. Ran into a Meta Knight the other day that just ran up to me and started roll and taunt spamming and squatting/unsquatting at mach 5. He just kept doing little pokes and a bunch of stupid stuff; obvious he wasn't trying. Once I took his first stock though that stopped =P I guess he hasn't run into many Lucario mains before.
I run into the same issue. My guess is that it's because Lucario is so amazingly underplayed, but that still doesn't stop every Captain Falcon I go up against running up to me and saying "Show me your moves" before getting slammed in the face with a fully-charged Aura Sphere. As a whole, we seem to be very under-appreciated...

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
I'd often tell myself "Nobody cares about Luca in Smash" due to the lack of attention I've been sensing. Sort of a similar case with characters like Olimar / Alph, but I digress. Most players don't see me coming whenever I toss out an Extreme Speed onstage, which is why it's hilarious to me if I bop them with one that has KO potential.

On another note, I see that Lucario gets plenty of hate cause of its aura. Things get preeeeeeeeetty salty when ya land a Smash or a Back Air after a beating, whether or not ya took it on purpose. Aura, alone, is like saying "@#%$ you!" to your foes. Fighting against a Luca is somewhat like fighting, for example, Little Mac. In the case of both, you want to KO them as soon as possible. Have either one living for too long and they will mess you up if careless. Neeeeeeever underestimate a character, no matter the rare use or the many Jolt Haymaker jokes *snicker* ya see out there.

Last edited:

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Extremespeed disrispect
So I managed to pull this off twice yesterday; didn't kill my opponent on either occasion (almost did the second time I did it though, which was on another opponent), but now I know there's a way to chase after people who use their double jump to keep you from chasing them after u-throws x3

Oh and speaking of ES disrespect, I played a very annoying Pac-Man yesterday who managed to run out the clock into Sudden Death in 1v1. The instant the announcer said "go" I immediately used Extreme Speed. Launched across the stage and body slammed the yellow devil into Oblivion >w<

EDIT

I actually just uploaded that particular segment of the replay onto youtube. Here it is in all it's glory:

Should've force palm'd him instead of grab, but at the time I felt a grab would be safer in case he spot-dodged it. Besides, if I had done that, there wouldn't be this awesome sudden death =P

Last edited:
Top Bottom