• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Discord!

Isabella

Smash Rookie
Hi all! Recently, there's been more worries about Skype, but Discord takes away most of if not all of those issues! Discord is much better and here's why (copied from this post from the Shulks). Discord has dramatically improved our community and everything is great and I highly recommend joining.

-Can be used in your browser or through the program. I recommend the program, but it's your choice. Also works on phones.
-Multiple voice and text channels have given us a lot of options for discussions we previously did not have. Also has made matchmaking easier for everybody.
-It's very useful for people to be able to set how loud they hear each individual (as mics are different in sensitivity)
-No Skype lag (this was very annoying)
-The program itself is made to use machine resources very efficiently. It takes up very little space when open. On the other hand, my laptop cries when I have Skype open.
-Sometimes, having Skype open has caused people lag while doing wifi matches. This issue does not happen with Discord.
-It's easier on the mods, due to improved powers
-It is easier to tell who is online, afk, or offline.
-To talk via voice, you just join a voice chat channel, and can see who is already in that voice chat channel beforehand. It's much easier than having somebody host a call. And, again, there are multiple voice chat channels which can be used for different things.
-No ads (Skype has ads)
-Free (Teamspeak costs money)
-Useful commands you can use, like @[insert_name], @everyone, and #[insert_channel_name]
-Your IP is protected
-Much more features to come in the future, as it's still new and being updated. Some thing I am aware of which will come in the future are the capabilities for custom emoticons, screen sharing, and video chat.

You can read more about Discord from their main site.

Rules (you must read these)
These can also be found in the #rules channel too.

1) No NSFW Posts. Mainly images but applies to comments too. This results in an IMMEDIATE ban. Strictly prohibited! If you wouldn’t want a teacher or a boss to see what you are about to post or the comment you are about to send, don’t post it.

(2) Character Bashing - Don’t bash our main, or other characters! Strictly not allowed! You will be warned if you are “bashing” a character. This is not an outlet for your complaints against our character.

(3) Baiting / Bullying / Pedestaling other players in the chat. Everyone is treated equally with respect. If you are “toxic” to this chat community you will be warned. Bear in mind that being toxic is a vague word but the moderators will let you know if you are breaking this rule and will give you a warning. Repeat offenders will get banned. This is supposed to be a safe haven for our character mains, anybody against that goal will be removed.

(4) No spamming the chats. Be it images, memes, or constant message notification spam. You will be warned if you are spamming.

(5) If you add someone who was previously banned without the moderators knowing so, both parties will be removed.

(6) Do not change your name to be the same as someone else. Attempting to masquerade as another person is a bannable offense.

(7) Please use the channels for their intended purpose.

(8) Please show respect when you’re in the voice chats.

Discord can also be a bit overwhelming so in the #rules tab there is a post called Discord Tour which explains how to use the Lucario Discord (specifically the channels), please read that as well.

Post a comment in this thread requesting to be added to the Lucario Discord, I will PM you a one-use link.

Last edited:

LucidSSB

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'd like to be added to the discord. Always looking for some semi-active ones to be a part of~

Dudul

Smash Rookie
NNID
Duudul
3DS FC
0061-1202-4121
Hi ! I'm searching for fellow Lucario players. Can you add me to the discord please ?

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
I'd like to join sir :p

Jazzasaur

Smash Cadet
NNID
KingofSnorlax
3DS FC
1934-1786-2430
Could I join the chat? That'd be awesome!

Vhaltz

Smash Cadet
Greetings!

I generally play Luigi and Meta Knight, but watching some great Lucario players go at it left me quite impressed with the character. I managed to beat a pretty good megaman (Luigi's worst matchup) with a 3-day old Lucario so I figure I'll try to learn him some more. Could I get an invite to the discord?

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
I'd like to join, my friend suggested this to me since I had to learn a lot alone.

Sanny_shine

Smash Rookie
Hi all! Recently, there's been more worries about Skype, but Discord takes away most of if not all of those issues! Discord is much better and here's why (copied from this post from the Shulks). Discord has dramatically improved our community and everything is great and I highly recommend joining.

-Can be used in your browser or through the program. I recommend the program, but it's your choice. Also works on phones.
-Multiple voice and text channels have given us a lot of options for discussions we previously did not have. Also has made matchmaking easier for everybody.
-It's very useful for people to be able to set how loud they hear each individual (as mics are different in sensitivity)
-No Skype lag (this was very annoying)
-The program itself is made to use machine resources very efficiently. It takes up very little space when open. On the other hand, my laptop cries when I have Skype open.
-Sometimes, having Skype open has caused people lag while doing wifi matches. This issue does not happen with Discord.
-It's easier on the mods, due to improved powers
-It is easier to tell who is online, afk, or offline.
-To talk via voice, you just join a voice chat channel, and can see who is already in that voice chat channel beforehand. It's much easier than having somebody host a call. And, again, there are multiple voice chat channels which can be used for different things.
-No ads (Skype has ads)
-Free (Teamspeak costs money)
-Useful commands you can use, like @[insert_name], @everyone, and #[insert_channel_name]
-Your IP is protected
-Much more features to come in the future, as it's still new and being updated. Some thing I am aware of which will come in the future are the capabilities for custom emoticons, screen sharing, and video chat.

You can read more about Discord from their main site.

Rules (you must read these)
These can also be found in the #rules channel too.

1) No NSFW Posts. Mainly images but applies to comments too. This results in an IMMEDIATE ban. Strictly prohibited! If you wouldn’t want a teacher or a boss to see what you are about to post or the comment you are about to send, don’t post it.

(2) Character Bashing - Don’t bash our main, or other characters! Strictly not allowed! You will be warned if you are “bashing” a character. This is not an outlet for your complaints against our character.

(3) Baiting / Bullying / Pedestaling other players in the chat. Everyone is treated equally with respect. If you are “toxic” to this chat community you will be warned. Bear in mind that being toxic is a vague word but the moderators will let you know if you are breaking this rule and will give you a warning. Repeat offenders will get banned. This is supposed to be a safe haven for our character mains, anybody against that goal will be removed.

(4) No spamming the chats. Be it images, memes, or constant message notification spam. You will be warned if you are spamming.

(5) If you add someone who was previously banned without the moderators knowing so, both parties will be removed.

(6) Do not change your name to be the same as someone else. Attempting to masquerade as another person is a bannable offense.

(7) Please use the channels for their intended purpose.

(8) Please show respect when you’re in the voice chats.

Discord can also be a bit overwhelming so in the #rules tab there is a post called Discord Tour which explains how to use the Lucario Discord (specifically the channels), please read that as well.

Post a comment in this thread requesting to be added to the Lucario Discord, I will PM you a one-use link.
Id like to join

Top Bottom