• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Controller mapping

Fogbean

Smash Rookie
So this goes out to all the professional Lucario players/ people who think they're good with him (and have a legitimate reason): Is there any special way you map your controller buttons? It seems like my controller wont respond the way I want it to, and I think it will help with the combos Lucario has. Anything helps, thanks!

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
So this goes out to all the professional Lucario players/ people who think they're good with him (and have a legitimate reason): Is there any special way you map your controller buttons? It seems like my controller wont respond the way I want it to, and I think it will help with the combos Lucario has. Anything helps, thanks!
Well it could be the controller itself. it if is an older gamecube controller I'm almost sure that is the problem.

It comes down to preference. People use different things just expirment and find what you like. Nothing replaces practice.

DrSoussou

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2552-2785-0774
Some characters have more favorable controller settings (players who main characters that use DACUS often prefer different controls such as Z=attack) but I find Lucario to be up to preference.

Personally, I don't like tap-jump ON because it used to make me waste my jumps occasionally. I found that it also helped with my up-tilt execution. I like X set to grab because Z annoys me. Other than that I'm default.

Steam

Smash Hero
I use default controls with tap jump off, X grab and L jump, though those are for other characters.

I usually jump by clawing (hitting Y with my right index finger)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I used to use default exclusively, but when I started playing Wolf, I needed to change the controls in order to be able to DACUS consistently. Lucario isn't really a character who benefits from custom controls, at least not for me,

I have Z changed to Attack, and Y changed to Grab.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
D-Pad is all A inputs if I'm seriousish. Mash mash mash mash. Otherwise everything is default.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Everything is default for me but I have Tap jump "Off" and I have made "Y" grab and "R" Attack.

But I agree, Lucario doesn't benefit from any special button set ups.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I set my c-stick to attack instead of smash. Take tap jump off, Y grab. When that happens, his u-tilt comes out faster but it's also a little riskier because a jab might come out instead of the u-tilt you wanted. And still, you can stick+A to get a smash to come out. It seems to work better, minus the glitch.

DMF~

Smash Cadet
I know this is a pretty old thread but I'll comment anyway.
I use mostly a regular set up except I turn tap jump off and I use R to grab. (Gamecube controller)

Top Bottom