• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
Didn't really see a thread made for Lucario's combos (unless I'm terribad at looking) so yeah.

Post any Lucario combos here!

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Down throw at low percents sets up nicely into fair or uair (sometimes 2x fair or 2x uair).

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Down Throw is pretty bad for combos actually. I think its only really good for doubles if your partner footstooled the person you just Down Threw. UThrow does more anyway and is better at comboing.

Back Throw to Dash Attack or Jab (sometimes depending on DI) is pretty okay at low %.

UThrow either leads to UAir/FAir/NAir depending on DI and %.

At mid-high % FAir->Double Jump->fully charged Aura Sphere can combo and can kill.

UTilt can string to itself or something like Force Palm at really low %.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I need to do more testing, but vs. big characters at low percents you can do up-air(2x) > Grab(throw) > follow-up

@ MythTrainerInfinity MythTrainerInfinity
I'm not sure if it is a true combo, but I have been able to get fair > fast-falled nair on a lot of characters.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Posted it in the Video Thread, then I saw this thread.
Sexy Combo:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Down Throw is pretty bad for combos actually. I think its only really good for doubles if your partner footstooled the person you just Down Threw. UThrow does more anyway and is better at comboing.
You're absolutely right, and I feel stupid for dismissing UThrow so quickly.

For actual contribution- dtilt -> dash grab. Can extend that by hitting them with the first hit of dair into dtilt.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
@ Z1GMA Z1GMA damn, what a combo, does that work at lower percents? how does it work? and can an opponent escape it?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
@ Z1GMA Z1GMA damn, what a combo, does that work at lower percents? how does it work? and can an opponent escape it?
No, unfortunately it only works on really high %'s, or at high %'s if your aura is high.
On some character, like Ganon, it looks like it works on 0%, but it doesn't.

I tested it with a friend, and it appears to be a true combo on some characters but not all.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So if FAir can combo into Aura Sphere, which takes 20+ frames for a fully charged one to fire...

I wonder if FAir could combo into BAir which takes 17 frames to come out. If so... We will have more kill options if we are at high Aura and just landed a KO. I wonder if we can C-Stick FAir backwards which hit them backwards like we did in Brawl. If so, hoo boy, expect to hear more johning about Aura.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
No, unfortunately it only works on really high %'s, or at high %'s if your aura is high.
On some character, like Ganon, it looks like it works on 0%, but it doesn't.

I tested it with a friend, and it appears to be a true combo on some characters but not all.
It seems to work on Mario in training mode when both are at 50%.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yeah I have pulled this off. Most if the time it comes when a character doesn't mix up their landing. Still cool to watch.

I know we have a hotbox on the back of our fair. I haven't really tested where it is exactly.

After testing dthrow is better to combo fast fallers at low percents.

ChillySundance

Smash Apprentice
I saw a lucario on a twitch stream the other day who was doing a combo that looked something like up throw at low % > short hopped Nair into fastfall > re-grab > up throw > fair.

He was nailing it pretty consistently against even sheik, though it appeared it could be escaped at mid or higher percents or after he'd gained a significant amount of aura.

He also had a sick setup that involved turning a fully charged aura sphere backwards for one tick of damage, canceling it, then immediately doing a pivot grab.

I believe you can also up tilt into grab or up tilt into up tilt a few times.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I saw a lucario on a twitch stream the other day who was doing a combo that looked something like up throw at low % > short hopped Nair into fastfall > re-grab > up throw > fair.

He was nailing it pretty consistently against even sheik, though it appeared it could be escaped at mid or higher percents or after he'd gained a significant amount of aura.

He also had a sick setup that involved turning a fully charged aura sphere backwards for one tick of damage, canceling it, then immediately doing a pivot grab.

Sounds pretty cool, errr do you have a link? Id really like to see this

Hon Si Zi

Smash Rookie
That works well at lower percents, and it's also really annoying for the opponent, so you have mind games in there too. I was able to get it off at least once in a recent tournament.

ChillySundance

Smash Apprentice
Found a fun little combo to do at low % while I was messing around in training mode.

So, against most characters, up tilt x 3 is actually not a legit combo. It doesn't really juggle into itself. What you can do, however, is pre- 50% for most characters Lucario is able to up tilt, then quickly footstool jump them and immediately down air. You can usually get it by mashing jump really fast. Doesn't register as a real combo, but for all intents and purposes it is one.

Stepoz8

Smash Rookie
I don't really know if this is considered a combo or anything or if it even works in competitive, (cause I'm pretty bad at this game) but I like to get em' down with a running kick(don't know the smash terms, just double tap the movement button to run an while you are doing that press a, also this has a lot of lag if you miss), into an up-smash. then when they are low I get above them and down kick (hold down and press a) and they usually die if they aren't heavy, and if they don't die, just go to the edge and start hitting them or use the aura sphere, (b button)

I realized since I'm not really trained in this game and I'm just pressing a bunch of buttons it gives me something lots of players from plenty of these fight games are missing, unpredictability, even I can't predict my own next move (XD) mostly because a lot of the time I'm don't have have a plan and I just do what I see fit in the moment, and sometimes I completely forget about certain moves, so in the middle of the battle when I remember them, I use them and it's very confusing ro other players, so yeah, I would just recommend switch up your act every now and then, catch your oppenent by surprise, I bet if you come up with tons of combos and use them differently at different times you will do just fine

Also I've Ben practicing this technique that I found out about, (not sure if it's already a thing) I call it edge swapping, sometimes with lucario I realize that if im on a ledge and I do a combo right I'll get off the ledge and hit the other person straight into a ledge and they grab on it and in like a split second, then you can down a them off and knock them down, I don't know exactly how it happens but I'm trying to figure it out, I would also love it if someone helped me figure it out too

http://www.twitch.tv/ipunchkidsz/profile/past_broadcasts

He has a lot of fantastic Lucario gameplay. I'm not sure which one of these contains the specific combo in question, but I assume he'll do it often in other videos too.
Are you sure it's this guy? I don't see any smash gameplay from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom