• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario/Bowser Team

RidlR

Smash Rookie
Hi guys,

I'll be teaming up with a Lucario player and using Bowser for a tournament this Saturday. Does this seem like a good idea? What strategies do Lucario players usually use in doubles play? What kinds of throw combos can be used with Bowser?

Any and all knowledge is appreciated!

-RidlR

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
When he locks shields with Aura Sphere Charge, you can go in with a spaced aerial Bowser Bomb to break their shield for free. Lucario can fire his Aura Sphere at the oncoming opponent to keep them at bay or force them to approach by air. Hopefully that idea helps.

EDIT: Whoops, meant to include info about Lucario in that they use Uthrow usually for followups. Just don't be too close to Lucario's Uthrow or else you'll be launched & could possibly die to high Aura and or your percent being high.

Last edited:

RidlR

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice!

What other things should I be looking out for when teaming with a Lucario? Bowser is big, with a lot of AOE abilities, so I know to remind him of that. What does Lucario do as guaranteed set ups that I shouldn't try to get involved with? Or, are there things I CAN get involved with to make combos better?

I practiced a little today with him, and found that Lucario's Bthrow to my Usmash is nice. Also grab release to forward smash. What we really need to focus on is getting our heads out of the singles mindset. I need know what Lucario can do by himself, but what Bowser can do to make certain things about Lucario's game better. And vice versa.

Top Bottom