• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LSC2 Event #1: HOBO 39: FULL RESULTS ARE UP! INFINITY ALMOST BREAKS MAHARBA'S FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kn0uun68oM while viewing this thread*
HOBO 39
Hobo 39 was held at Texadelphia (bar/restaurant) in Houston Tx on march 3rd, 2013. I said after WHOBO 4 (7 months ago) that i was done with running events so i "passed the torch" to a local TO named Sync. LMAO Yeah that didn't go so well because at his most recent (and final) event he left the venue mid tournament to "go do something" and we later found out that he was caught by the cops "doin tha nasty" with his girlfriend in the local BurgerKing bathroom (guess she wanted a "whopper".....get it? LMAO im here all week, folks!). After knowing about this HORRIFIC event, the scene/state of Texas began to fall into chaos. For months the people looked up to the sky and called, begged and even prayed for a divine savior to appear and bring them a juicy/tasty tournament they had so desperately craved. Who could provide such a godly tournament that would satisfy even the most hungry of tournament goers? THE LEGENDARY XYRO77 THE GREEN LESBIAN, OF COURSE! Only he could do such miraculous things! Thus i was forced to come back and run HOBO 39.

2vs2 (22 teams)

SPLIT 1: Gnes+Jerm==:diddy: +:toonlink:
SPLIT 2: P4+Trela==:metaknight: + :lucario:
3: Infinity+UTDZac ==:metaknight: + :gw:
4: Domo+MrDoom==:metaknight: :ike:
5: Pwii+PJ==:metaknight: + :toonlink:
5: Espy+Megafox==:sonic: + :fox:
7: Dakpo+Sync==:zerosuitsamus: + :metaknight:
7: Valdens+Xyro==:gw: + :samus2:
9: Mocha+Kilik==:zelda: + :sheik:
9: Denit+Sethlon==:olimar: + :metaknight:
9: Gunner+Asa==:pikachu2: + :olimar:
9: Okuser+Disco==:snake: + :diddy:
13: Jerm+Illmatic==:toonlink: + :peach:
13: MiniFox+Ford6000==:olimar: + :snake:
13: IkeBoy+K-wow==:ike: + :kirby2:
13: Neon+Kadin==:dk2: +:metaknight:
17: TOSM+CT==:ike: + :peach:
17: BC+ToT== :metaknight: + ?????
17: Blondie+Brad==?????+?????
17: Jebus+Mike==????? + ?????
17: Shrub+Gato==????? + ?????
17: Ravemaster+PsyChaoAce== :falcon: + :ike:

1vs1 (56 players)

SPLIT 1: Trela==:lucario:
SPLIT 2: Gnes==:diddy:
3: Pwii==:metaknight:
4: MegaFox==:fox: (LITERALLY A 9 YEAR OLD SMASH SAVANT)
5: Denti==:olimar:
5: Infinity==:metaknight:
7: Espy==:sonic:
7: Illmatic==:peach:
9: Valdens==:gw:
9: Dakpo==:zerosuitsamus:
9: FlipHop==:diddy:
9: Jerm==:toonlink:
13: Domo==:metaknight:
13: Asa==:olimar:
13: MrDoom==:ike:
13: Neon==:dk2:
17: Zero==:sonic:
17: Slush==:yoshi2:
17: BC==:olimar:/:metaknight:/:dk2:
17: Gunner==:pikachu2:
17: Sync==:metaknight:
17: Pj==:toonlink:
17: Tesh==:sonic:
17: Kilik==:sheik:
25: UTDZac==:gw:
25: Ford6000==:snake:/ :peach:
25: Mole==?????
25: P4==:metaknight:
25: K-Wow==:pikachu2:
25: CT== :peach:
25: Oksuer==:snake:
25: ToT==:popo:
33: Tosm==:ike:
33: PsyChaoAce==:falcon:
33: MarBarDarHarCarFarZarTarGarNar==:pit:
33: Minifox==:olimar:
33: Brad==?????
33: Noh==?????
33: Goshi==?????
33: Kev==?????
33: Shrub==?????
33: Pete==?????
33: 17==?????
33: Slaps==:ike:
33: JCR==?????
33: Dizzy==?????
33: RaveMaster==:ike:
33: Blondie==:falco:
49: Grey==?????
49: Jebus==?????
49: Bomber==?????
49: Gato==?????
49: IkeBoy==:ike:
49: Stark==?????
49: Silent==?????
49: Mocha==:zelda:
49: Mike==?????

Mid+Low 2vs2 [no GW] (17 teams)

SPLIT 1: MegaFox+Pwii==:fox: + :pit:
SPLIT 2: Espy+Valdens==:sonic: + ?????
3: Sync+Kilik==:pit: + :sheik:
4: Slaps+Neon==:ike: + :dk2:
5: Domo+MrDoom==:ike: + :ike:
5: Gnes+Pj==:ike:/:kirby2:+ ?????
7: TOT+BC==????? + :dk2:
7: Mocha+Tesh==:zelda: + :sonic:
9: Zero+CT==:sonic: + :peach:
9: RaveMaster+PsyChaoAce==:ike: + :falcon:
9: Jerm+Illmatic==????? + ?????
9: Dakpo+Denti==????? + ?????
13: IkeBoy+MiniFox==????? + ?????
13: Infinity+Xeven==????? + ?????
13: Asa+UTDZac==:ness2:+:zelda:
13: Silent+Goshi==????? + ?????
17: Gunner+Okuser==????? + ?????

P:M 1vs1 (14 players)

1: Sethlon==?????
2: Oracle==:rob:
3: Dakpo==:gw:
4: Xeven==?????
5: StrawHat==?????
5: Disco==?????
7: MKGuy==?????
7: Infinity==?????
9: Loko==?????
9: Blondie==?????
9: YUI LOVES LSD==?????
9: UTDZac==?????
13: G-Rabbit==?????
13: EpicBeard==?????

P:M 2vs2 (7 teams)

1: Sethlon+Disco==????? + ?????
2: Dakpo+Xeven==????? + ?????
3: Oracle+Denti==????? + ?????
4: UTDZac+Gnes==????? + ?????
5: Loko+LSD==????? + ?????
5: Strawhat + Epicbeard==????? + ?????
7: G-rabbit+blondie==????? + ?????

OTHER

1. Lone Star Circuit 2 thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-lone-star-circuit-2-updated-12-20-2012.331169/

2. HOBO 39 discussion thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/hobo-39-lone-star-circuit-event-1-march-9th-2013-houston-tx.331174/

3. Twitter updates: https://twitter.com/HOBO_HERO

Xyro77

LAST MINUTE INFO/REMINDERS TO THOSE GOING TO HOBO 39

1. Please be at the venue between 11-11:30am for sign-ups and warm ups. I will start between 12-12:30 and i will not allow friendlies during that time unless we are ahead of scheduled. If i catch you doing friendlies i auto DQ you from all events you have entered. Dont like it? DEAL WITH IT!

2. I am running 4-5 events tomorrow. Regular 1vs1/2vs2, Mid+Low tier 2vs2 and P:M 1vs1 (if there is time ill do P:M 2vs2). If we are falling behind and may not make it out of the venue by midnight, i will cancel side events. If that little tid bit of info scares you, please read #3 (below).

3. Please bring a full set-up. Wii/ssbb/tv. If you absolutely cannot bring all 3 items, please at least bring a wii/ssbb. No matter how good of a TO i am (and trust me, im down right GODLY) i cannot make a 50 man event finish on time with 4 set-ups. Set-ups determine the speed of ANY event. If you bring more set-ups, we finish earlier and/or get ahead of schedule and ill allow friendlies.

4. Though not required, if anybody can bring $5 bills and $1 bills, you will be shot straight up to the front of the line when it comes to signing up/entering events. I will need change badly due to that one ASS HOLE who gives me a 100$ bill.

5. If you need a partner for any event, please talk to me. I can help you find others who are in the same boat.

6. If you get lost, are going to be late, leave for food during the event or simply wanna talk to me about how you still wet your bed at night, im just a short toll free call away at 409 692 0697.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
1v1
1. Trela (split)
2. Gnes (split)
3. Pwii
4. Megafox

2v2
1. Gnes+Jerm
2. P4+Trela

That is all I remember.

Vids will go up whenever.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I hope Xyro meant pacific time zone, or else I am calling false advertisement in the OP :p

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
xyro, can you please send me the tio file for the tourney whenever you get a chance so I can send the results in for the aib page?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pretty satisfied with my placements. Was too fun. Shoutouts later.
The ride back home was on a path carved by lightning and forged by torrents of rain. It was glorious.:applejack:

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Good games my friends. Hope to see you next time.! Special shoutouts to trela, and slaps for giving me a few pointers to up my game!

Xyro77

Ive put up all the regular BRAWL and P:TRASH results. if u see anything wrong with the characters, PLEASE post asap. i need these results to be right.

Xyro77

Few things i wanna talk about after this event.

1. I am absolutely amazed to see 50+ players come out and support HOBO 39. Texas was lookin' really really dead when it came to brawl over the past 7 months but you guys proved that was no more. I seriously wanna thank all of you for coming to this. SO MANY NEW FACES at HOBO makes me think that this game may actually have a new spark of life in Texas.

2. Illmatic and Sync. You guys did a **** ton of work this weekend. From driving EVERYBODY around the entire weekend (illmatic) to housing about 25 people (sync) you guys did that stuff for free (or almost free) and i thank you for that.

3. New players. Whether you did bad/good felt alone or felt at home, PLEASE come back to smash events. We love to see new faces/new competition (we will make you better and you will make us better) and we def want new friends ! If you live IN or NEAR one of these major Tx cities, please join the thread and post.
San Antonio: http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-brawl-thread-spawn-point-fri-7pm.282690/
Dallas: http://smashboards.com/threads/dall...l-a-bear-with-no-teeth-a-gummy-bear-d.271285/
Houston: http://smashboards.com/threads/hous...-39-3-9-2013-please-bring-wii-ssbb-tv.142123/

4. The Infinity vs Maharba incident. I am not gonna really go into detail about this but ill give you some highlights:

A. Maharbra trashed talked infinity while infinity was in a set.
B. Infinity got pissed and told him to stop.
C. Maharbra refused.
D. More trash talk was dished out and infinity called me over to deal with maharbra.
E. Maharbra was told once again to calm it down/stop.
F. Maharbra refused.
G. After infinity finished the match he went up to Maharbra and nearly started World War 7. He told Maharbra to back the F up, shut the F up and don't make him F you up in the F hole. Maharbra/Infinity were literally SECONDS away from making the DoomsDay Clock strike 12.
H: Maharbra realized that if ThermoNuclear war broke out, he would never get to smoke weed again so he walked away.

The point i am trying to make here is real simple and its been this way since the dawn of competition. People are going to trash talk you/your city/your game....ect. That will never go away and no one can STOP the trash talk. HOWEVER, as a decent human being, as a "good sport," as a "smash family" if a fellow player asks you to stop trash talking........then simply stop. I learned this years ago when tallman or p4 or furbs trashed talked the **** out of me when me an inui were in low tier teams. They only did it because i was famous for trash talking EVERYBODY. At that point, i realized how annoying it was and how much it may or may not have bothered people so i stop/radically toned it down from then on out. The last thing i gotta say on this is if you wanna trash talk, its totally fine (its part of having fun at a tournament), but please stop of someone makes a comment about it because its clear it either went to far or that particular player just isnt in the mood for that crap. We are all on this big gay earth together so please don't make it even more weird/awkward/tense than it already is sometimes.

5. Thanks La (okuser/gunner/bomber), Ks (MrDoom/domo), Wa (valdens) and any other state that i missed for coming out to HOBO. I have not seen you guys in a long time and it was truly nice to see you again.

6. Dojo, thanks for bailing on me you damn black bean burrito bich.

7. Sethlon thanks you for helping with P:M. I hope you and yo buddies didnt feel too alienated being in a separate area. i just figured it would be easier that way.

8. Texadelphia, though it looks like a shack, worked out really good as a venue. Chicken tenders went away too fast though.

Ford6000

Smash Rookie
I did pretty damn good for my first tourney. Hopefully I can make it to more; If I see illmatic and pj again, I'll def win those money matches.. I LOST 15 DOLLARS SON!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Why would you put the results in white text :(

Leave it standard, yellow and lime green are nearly impossible to see on Neo Blue skin and white is impossible

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
I used Pikachu for singles and Kirby for doubles. (I'm kw0w)

Btw, how can I change my username?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Leave it standard, yellow and lime green are nearly impossible to see on Neo Blue skin and white is impossible
Mod plz

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
I used Olimar, MK, and Donkey Kong in Singles, and Donkey Kong in mid tier dubs. Only went MK in regular dubs.

Also: Noh used marth, Brad used Olimar, ToT used Lucario and G&W in 2 v 2, and Kirby in mid tier 2 v 2

Xyro77

I did pretty damn good for my first tourney. Hopefully I can make it to more; If I see illmatic and pj again, I'll def win those money matches.. I LOST 15 DOLLARS SON!
yeah man u did really good for your first event. keep pushing your snake and go to syncs apartment or let people come over to your house to get practice. just ask on the H thread and we will play with ya.

edit: when you get good enough, you will be allowed to take on ME! The legendary TO of houston and the best samus in the galaxy. i dont think u can handle this.

I used Pikachu for singles and Kirby for doubles. (I'm kw0w)

Btw, how can I change my username?
you need to buy a "premium" title here on swf. I think its 5$ and it lets you change your name, add a custom title under your name, you now have a green colored name for 30 days and your PM box will be expanded greatly. i think the top of the front page of swf will guide you to acquiring premium.

HAHHAHAHAHHAAHAH thanks for the vids RT. nice title.

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
In mid + low tier I was Ness and Ikeboy was Pit

Fun tournament, I'm glad to meet some of you(and the once again). Hope to see you all again. :)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wow. Here I thought Houston Smash was dead but it turns out all it needed was Xyro. If you continue hosting these again then I'll try to find time to show up.

:059:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
WHATUP THUGS

this tournament ruled, i've never laughed so hard at smash stuff in my entire life
xyro is the best by the way

really enjoyed meeting everyone and i'm suuper sorry neon, slaps, domo, mr. doom that i couldn't drive you guys to the bus stop but i think you all understand why

everyone please continue to come back to these events, new faces are awesome to see as well as old - this was an outstanding tournament and shoutouts to dallas/san antonio bringing pretty much their full force to the competition, enjoyed it a lot

everyone's cool, including infinity - but you really gotta chill out sometimes man i called a fight potentially breaking from what happened between us near the middle of the event and i was right

Labernash

Smash Lord
Xyro, all that's left is for you to beat MiniFox and icecream, then you may be allowed to fight me, Texas' Protector, The... One... And... Only...

ALL-POWERFUL KIRBY!!

Shake in your lesboots ya nerd

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
3. New players. Whether you did bad/good felt alone or felt at home, PLEASE come back to smash events. We love to see new faces/new competition (we will make you better and you will make us better) and we def want new friends ! If you live IN or NEAR one of these major Tx cities, please join the thread and post.
San Antonio: http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-brawl-thread-spawn-point-fri-7pm.282690/
Dallas: http://smashboards.com/threads/dall...l-a-bear-with-no-teeth-a-gummy-bear-d.271285/
Houston: http://smashboards.com/threads/hous...-39-3-9-2013-please-bring-wii-ssbb-tv.142123/
Wow

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Dang. Looks like things were pretty good at HOBO. Even though I didn't go, thanks for hosting, Allan, looks like a lot of awesome came out of it.

Also, Blondie was there D:?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Ya, was an excellent tournament! Had lotsa fun in P:M and def picked up quite a few things. Can't wait for the next one

Top Bottom