• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
I knew this tingly positivity from last month was worth the while. There's Daisy, Snake, Pokemon Trainer's back and this madman too? Ugh, what a time to buy some Switch! Congratulations Space Pirates, you've got what you truly deserved. Really, I'm so proud of you all <3

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
17 years I've wanted Ridley in Smash. Today it finally happened. My most wanted finally got confirmed and I couldn't be happier.

Next is K. Rool with Ashley, Shantae and Vaati being my next most wanted.

Man I still haven't gotten over how cool this is.
My two most wanted things for Smash Switch were "ridley" and "no cuts"

They went above and beyond with "no cuts" giving us EVERYONE ever, and giving us lot's of changes and fanservice for the old ones.

Then thye give us Ridley in smash. Again, above and beyond.
Meta Ridley alt, the green pallette, and goddamn the moves

A command grab, fireballs, big hitboxes, tail pikes, and basically everything being cool as ****. This was like a perfect goddamn reveal.

I just wish it wasn't leaked so I could have been more hype but WHO GIVES A **** WE GOT RIDLEY AND THEY LOOK AMAZING.
:061:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Can I say how much I love that Sakurai pretty much put the announcement as the main event?

Like, Ridley STOLE the attention at the end. And also, the trailer went as a lot of people speculated it could go as a hypothetical trailer from the previous threads. Sakurai flat out LISTENED to us. If that does not tell you how much he cares, I don't know what to tell you, guys.

Also, love that moment with Ridley playing with Mario's hat. Both in character and awesome.

Ridley, you are one sadistic SOB. And I love you because of that, hehe.

(Inb4 someone does that but with a cup of salty tears of the haters, hehe...)

:bowser:.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ladies and Gentlemen, we did it

We FINALLY did it!

Today is the day all the absurd Ridley memes, rumors, and ****posts are put to rest

RIDLEY MADE IT IN SMASH MOTHER****ERS!!!

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have a 7,000 word write up about Ridley's confirmation. I will probably post it when this site is not so wonky and crash heavy. The longest war is now over.
I finished the write up. Its now at over 8,000 words. Where should I post it?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Honestly, what an unbelievable guy, that Sakurai~
z4tzmbn07oj01.jpg

I first came to you guys as a common doubter, simply putting two and two together to conclude that Ridley would look just too out of place. Smash 4's newcomers had constantly rocked my world as to what was needed to become a playable fighter. In my moment of disorientation, I huddled to you guys both in the hopes of validation, and just the very fact I thought the sky was falling. I can't believe we all participated in an all-out flame war over a single shadow back in the day; it's silly, looking back at it.

And now, after 17 years, it's finally over.

I really should've saved that DBS reference for you guys, because it's thanks to your unyielding passion that Ridley is finally playable. It's thanks to your love for one of Nintendo's most infamous villains that the impossible was made possible.
Today is a victory that the Smash community will never forget. Today, you proved the world that Ridley is not too big.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I still can't get over Ridley just straight up murdered Mega Man and Mario, that Mega Man scene especially was grim.

Also I love Samus in that trailer. She realizes somethings wrong and keeps her cool. And I love her expression at the end. It really highlights their rivalry.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Heeeeyyy guys....

This is what it means to dream wide awake. Savor this joyous occasion my Ridley comrades. And to think, no need to formulate, draw pictures, post paragraphs of arguments. I think Sakurai simply had time during his reprieve (however brief it was) to dwell on the matter and have a change of heart.

Of all the reasons Ridley would finally become playable, it was because Sakurai genuinely wants to please his fans. I think another part of it is Sakurai's getting older, and maybe it's had an effect on him and he's become more empathetic towards us and our desires.

Then again, no Waluigi. Poor guys...

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Seeing Mario and Megaman "biting the bullet" was kind of savage, brutal and cool. Not what I expect to see in such a game like Smash but it makes sense for the character.

RATED T FOR TEEN CONFIRMED~?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Came back to these boards just because of Ridley's inclusion. I've been eagerly waiting since before Brawl came out. I had pretty much given up all hope of him making it in until that leak. Glad to see him finally get his due.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Man I still haven't gotten over how cool this is.
My two most wanted things for Smash Switch were "ridley" and "no cuts"

They went above and beyond with "no cuts" giving us EVERYONE ever, and giving us lot's of changes and fanservice for the old ones.

Then thye give us Ridley in smash. Again, above and beyond.
Meta Ridley alt, the green pallette, and goddamn the moves

A command grab, fireballs, big hitboxes, tail pikes, and basically everything being cool as ****. This was like a perfect goddamn reveal.

I just wish it wasn't leaked so I could have been more hype but WHO GIVES A **** WE GOT RIDLEY AND THEY LOOK AMAZING.
Didn't also say that Simon Belmont was going to be revealed there as well? I mean since we have Snake back I honestly have no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't add him, but he did say that he was going to be shown off there on the direct

Didn't also say that Simon Belmont was going to be revealed there as well? I mean since we have Snake back I honestly have no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't add him, but he did say that he was going to be shown off there on the direct
Only one that was set was "ridley at E3"

Simon was a part of the leak, but not the most trusted source. Nor did it say he would be at E3. Just Ridley

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I just love how amazing Ridley's trailer is. It is filled with horror tropes. The mood, the lighting, the darkness. Ridley stealthy killing Mega Man and Mario, just like an alien would do in the Alien franchise. Then, like a badass, already knowing her good old friend Ridley is behind her, Samus turns around. But even knowing it was Ridley, you can still see a slight glimpse of fear in her eyes. And then, as a finishing touch, Ridley spins Mario's cap around, because every good piece of horror has a bit of ridiculous humor included to shake things up.

That is art.

Gosh, I want a horror character so badly in Smash. Come on, Nintendo. Ask Konami for a Silent Hill character. Ask Capcom for Jill Valentine. Or use your forgotten Eternal Darkness IP for something and make Alexandra Roivas playable.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker

So much hype! Ridley looks very beastly and him twirling Mario's hat looking very sinister and sadisitic. I LOVE IT. Daisy's addition was good and the only blemish on this presentation was Waluigi being an AT again... But Ridley's inclusion made up for it immediately.

It's been forever since I posted on these boards and thrilled to be back. How are you guys doing?

Last edited:

Reila

I might be wrong, but if they added a Castlevania character, my bet would be on the face of the franchise, Alucard. Symphony of the Night was the "boom" of the franchise, what made it really popular. Just like Final Fantasy VII and we got Cloud.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted around here. I initially started supporting Ridley during the buildup to Smash 4 and now we finally have him in Smash Bros Ultimate. Well, the game is really living up to its name at this point! Just a couple more newcomers like Rayman and K. Rool and I'd consider this game to be Super Smash Bros Perfection!

Also, is it just me, or does it look like Ridley just got back from a marathon run in the desert? He looks super dried out in his CSS art.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted around here. I initially started supporting Ridley during the buildup to Smash 4 and now we finally have him in Smash Bros Ultimate. Well, the game is really living up to its name at this point! Just a couple more newcomers like Rayman and K. Rool and I'd consider this game to be Super Smash Bros Perfection!

Also, is it just me, or does it look like Ridley just got back from a marathon run in the desert? He looks super dried out in his CSS art.
All the colors seem to be a little more muted/lighter in this game I feel like.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
So, I had an account on here a long time ago, but forgot my everything to it. So I literally made a new account because of Ridley's reveal.

I'm like, in utter awe. To the point where it still feels like a freaking fever dream. But it's real, and it's Ridley. I'm riding this hype train into the sun!

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Heeeeyyy guys....

This is what it means to dream wide awake. Savor this joyous occasion my Ridley comrades. And to think, no need to formulate, draw pictures, post paragraphs of arguments. I think Sakurai simply had time during his reprieve (however brief it was) to dwell on the matter and have a change of heart.

Of all the reasons Ridley would finally become playable, it was because Sakurai genuinely wants to please his fans. I think another part of it is Sakurai's getting older, and maybe it's had an effect on him and he's become more empathetic towards us and our desires.

Then again, no Waluigi. Poor guys...
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T. E. Lawrence

Congratulations on seeing fruition for your years of effort. I can't say that Ridley was my top pick, but I did want him and I believe you all deserve him. Now, if we could only get another scaly part-time pirate in this game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I saw a color based on his NES sprite, the Purple and green. I might have been mistaken

Gonna use that one if I was right

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
we did it, guys. it's been 10+ years but holy hell i'm so happy we finally got him for real.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

I'm so happy he's in, but he looks like he's decomposing lmao

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
as i said in other places... if they reveal simon belmont im done. i wont have any more wild desires to pursue, any more lost causes to champion. is the terrible and innevitable arrival of perfection and fullfillment...

on second thoughts, that doesnt sounds too bad...

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Seeing Ridley, some giant space dragon thing, swing Mario's hat around on his finger while staring at you or go from hunched to standing up straight is like seeing a deer in the woods notice you and do this.

God damn terrifying. The shift from "it's a dumb monster" to "oh **** it was smarter than me all along".

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Who else here just looking forward to seeing how rediculous it looks when pichu grabs ridley? It's pretty much my number one concern right now.

Reila

Oi. One Dragon Ball joke at a time.
On a side note, someone at GameXplain captured this...
View attachment 148069

This one replaces her Dark Samus alt.
This can mean only one thing...
I would lose my sheet if Dark Samus was added as an echo fighter. By far my favorite Metroid villain.

On the subject, I wonder if she will be back in Metroid Prime 4. Would be weird to have a Metroid Prime game without... the Metroid Prime herself.

StormC

Smash Hero
Who else here just looking forward to seeing how rediculous it looks when pichu grabs ridley? It's pretty much my number one concern right now.
Probably no crazier than Pichu grabbing Bowser.

Has anyone done a size comparison with Bowser? Is Ridley's hitbox bigger? GOD THAT FEELS SO WEIRD TO TYPE

Last edited:
Top Bottom