• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something tells me Ridley killing Mario and Megaman was him crushing down the big icons of Smash Bros itself from past to the present, to really pin down how he's not here to play around like your average Nintendo-villain. So glad to see that overall.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Bowser.
Ganondorf.
Wolf.
And now Ridley.

Things are looking a little...villainous already...

Who’s ready for some good guys vs bad guys Smash? Or to see the bad guys win?!

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
After all these years of hoping, praying and enduring all the Ridley is too big statements... our boy made it... Ridley is in smash!!!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
That amiibo is the most beautiful piece of Metroid merchandise I've ever seen. Is it December 7th yet?

Dan

Smash Lord
Is it wrong my favourite part of the trailer is Ridley twirling Mario's hat?
No, because that means he just ate him or something.

Who's got the video of Sakurai demoing him right after the Direct? I'm dying to see if he says anything about him, or why he decided to include him after putting him down for so many years.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just can't believe that Ridley actually made it in. Looks like he wasn't too big after all.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This day is going to be remembered for years to come. :3 Dreams do come true, and they come in the form of Ridley.

CCD23

Smash Cadet
Ridley getting ****ing destroyed in this tournament holy ****
Yeah, just saw him fighting Bayonetta on Green Greens. Anybody fighting against Bayonetta on Green Greens isn't a great matchup between the stage's low blast zone and her combos... Poor Ridley. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Nothing is impossible if you dream hard enough
Like the lyrics of this song say
I believe a dream can still come true.
I still believe in miracles, I swear I've seen a few.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This truly, truly has been a roundabout path. Thank you, Sakurai, I don't know how else to say it...

Seeing so many people return is also nice.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

After all these years...

I'm so happy I could cry....
Wow, i never thought I would see you around the boards after all those years, Oasis. xD Ridley causes miracles.

This truly, truly has been a roundabout path. Thank you, Sakurai, I don't know how else to say it...
It came out of knowhere after Sakurai seemingly doing everything under his power to not make Ridley playable, but I guess he wanted to save him for one of the most...amazing reveals of all time.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
The end has actually come.
Now the battle is on the battlefield instead of on paper
It's been a pleasure being among Ridley's supporters.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I even met my girlfriend on a little Ridley for Brawl forum... just over 10 years ago... I can't believe it...

And this all started because I thought he was going to be playable in Melee after seeing its intro on, what must have been Christmas day 2001. I know I'm not alone on that, lol.

Also hey Andrea. I'm seeing some familiar names. It's good to see you all around to join in on this JOY.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Also hey Andrea. I'm seeing some familiar names. It's good to see you all around to join in on this JOY.
Oh yeah, in the lacking times of the Smash4 speculation, I never felt like leaving this place nor drawing Ridley, stage hazard at that time or not. So, now, it was one of those days I'm definitely never going to forget. I'm also glad to seeing people from back then, makes me remember that despite it all, the wait was worth it.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
wow ..................

wonder were they are now lol
"Ridley looks so stupid scaled down XDDD are you guys happy with what you got because it looks ****ing STUPID!!! Sakurai was right all along!"

Ridley Fans: Yeah, we're pretty happy, he looks great.

"Y-Yeah well UR MOM!!! XDDD"

That's where they are now, go browse some YouTube comments sections, you'll see them, degenerates, the lot of them.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Now time to update the wishlist graphic with what I never expected to actually happen.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am just glad that most Ridley fans can finally stop being so pessimistic. In my humble opinion, he was obvious af and I stated as much time and time again, but the negativity was so oppressive. Hopefully this place goes back to being chaotic and fun.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Not just youtube. Reddit as well man. Like holy crap.
I popped into the Metroid reddit to see what they thought and pretty much everyone loves him. There are people upset that Samus looks the same (agree but it's not a big deal, although it looks like she probably hasn't been buffed much either which is bad) and plenty upset about not seeing Prime 4 (be patient, people, Jesus), but most everyone was pleased with Ridley.

I dare not go to the Smash Bros. Reddit because honestly the Smash community can be pretty ****ing horrible outside of this place.

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I popped into the Metroid reddit to see what they thought and pretty much everyone loves him. There are people upset that Samus looks the same (agree but it's not a big deal, although it looks like she probably hasn't been buffed much either which is bad) and plenty upset about not seeing Prime 4 (be patient, people, Jesus), but most everyone was pleased with Ridley.

I dare not go to the Smash Bros. Reddit because honestly the Smash community can be pretty ****ing horrible outside of this place.
It was the Smash Reddit. They say "he took over a spot reserved for someone worth while, and now we have a useless character, blah, blah, blah." Very salty and angry people.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Usual sort of stuff, then. Anyone they didn't personally want would have gotten the same reaction from them. Such chatter is irrelvant now, Ridley is in.

Top Bottom