• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was actually crying on camera with this reveal... more from Squirtle but honestly this game is gonna kill.

I. Cannot. Wait. Nor. Breathe.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
If there is no Ridley in smash switch, we will return for the next smash, and the next one, and the next one, forever space pirates.
This is actually the most beautiful thing ever… after the reveal trailer of course
I still cannot believe it, I'm dying of happiness right now

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
IT HAPPENED! I haven't felt this hyped for anything in a long, long time! Ridley finally hit the big time! It finally happened!!!

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
I'll drop this here (put it in spoilers due to potential size and no that wasn't intended as a Ridley joke in disguise)
1528673261100.png

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And he's using a modified Other M design...This couldn't have gone better...Okay, it actually would be better if it didn't take 5 games for him to be added, but still.

Zeox

Smash Champion
And he's using a modified Other M design...This couldn't have gone better...Okay, it actually would be better if it didn't take 5 games for him to be added, but still.
Well is a mix between Other M and his classic design (because he is not buff but the head is cleary his other m one, with the mouth fixed... is like, the perfect mix between the two.
Also, meta Ridley alt!

AnothenBlue

Smash Cadet
Oh my God, I'm so happy for you guys! You've finally obtained that which you desired all these years! You've met failure after failure, but you did not falter and now he's here! I'm so proud of you for not giving up even after being denied him by Sakurai himself! That's real dedication right here and I like that!
I wasn't really one of you even if I had nothing against Ridley, but I still hoped for this to happen after seeing what you've gone through. It must have been awful, but it's all worth it in the end, no? Now you can finally play as the character you wanted and he looks pretty fun. I might even try him out when the game comes out.
But please, don't rub it in the detractors' faces. You deserve it in a way, but that's not a good thing to do even if you were on the receiving end all these years. Be nice, alright?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figured out how to get the character images from the offical site. Here's Ridley's.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I haven't posted in this thread specifically, but I supported Ridley in Smash 4 and for this game he was my second most wanted (after another large reptilian pirate), and I just wanted to stop by and say how happy I am for all of you. I've wanted Ridley too, but some of you have been waiting a over a decade for him to be playable. Congrats you guys. You deserve it.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
This is fantastic news. Congrats to the people who still held out hope for him all this time, today really is your day.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Don't know if it happened just to me or not, but the site crashed for a while.
Last time this happened it was for Sonic ten years ago. THIS is how big (pun intended) Ridley is fo the Smash community.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
This entire SSB reveal has been heart attack city, but Ridley completely stole the show even with such a precedent set. The reveal of this character has sent shockwaves. ****ing shockwaves. My wife also now thinks I'm a raving lunatic and we might get a sound complaint.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Don't know if it happened just to me or not, but the site crashed for a while.
Last time this happened it was for Sonic ten years ago. THIS is how big (pun intended) Ridley is fo the Smash community.
Same, it happened to me a couple times, but luckily it was brief.

That being said, I would have been sorely disappointed if Ridley didn't crash, or at least strain the site for a little while.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Congrats Ridley fans! He looks great and it's about time he got in. Happy for everyone in this thread!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Now we can all celebrate, it finally happened and Ridley looks bad-***!!
When I saw Samus as her Other M design I was a little worried that if Ridley was gonna be in smash, it would be as his derp other m design, very buff and with the weird beak mouth, but this Ridley, it just grabs the best parts of each design and mix it so perfectly.
Now what we do? what we support? were I am supposed to go?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Great news! Also his new design is interesting. And that reveal trailer was brutal, he IMPALED Mega Man!!

Good to see Meta Ridley too

KingBroly

Smash Lord
We did it!

Couple of questions, though.
1 - Completely new Render or something else?
2 - Are we going to find out the Smash Ballot order anytime soon?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
When I saw Samus as her Other M design I was a little worried that if Ridley was gonna be in smash, it would be as his derp other m design, very buff and with the weird beak mouth, but this Ridley, it just grabs the best parts of each design and mix it so perfectly.
Considering Sakurai told us to not expect many newcomers, the wise approach is to not expecting anything and just enjoy what we have so far.

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Well the other character I really really wanted was Waluigi but we know what happened ahah
Jokes aside, I think we still have plenty to talk about and celebrate. We (as a fanbase) waited for 16 years, it's about right to have a seven-months party ahah

For example, to get discussions started, what do you think about his final smash?
I'm happy it's not meta-Ridley but I must say it is not the best ahah
But I still have to get used to these new final smashes (I will miss things like WarioMan)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
HELLO GUYS

YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S TIME FOR?

Ridley.gif

RIDLEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Squirtle! Ivysaur!

RIDLEY!!

Man, it's been great guys. It was a long fight, but it looks so worth it. Smash Ultimate indeed.

See you all on the Ridley thread!

Zeox

Smash Champion
It is been a pleasure to support our space pirate leader with all of you, but I guess all speculation, all theories, all of the broken dreams and fake leaks, all must come to an end... It's over.
It's finally over.
It's Over

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
So happy he's finally in! Congratulations everyone!

Top Bottom