• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Actually reminds me more of this
But this song does also have a bit of a slowed down Ridley feel to it in parts of the melody
EDIT: Wait a sec as the comments point out this theme is also a remix of Arachnis X from Fusion, the veins go deeper and deeper it seems. Does make sense since 'ol Arachnus originally showed up in Metroid II, so maybe that's what it's based on?
Yeah, it's based on Arachnus' theme. Arachnus didn't have a theme in Metroid II: Return of Samus, but Arachnus-X in Metroid Fusion did:

One thing to note: Yoshio Sakamoto was not involved in Metroid II: Return of Samus, but he is involved with Metroid: Samus Returns. Metroid: Samus Returns is meant to be a "re-imagination" of Metroid II: Return of Samus
, with new abilities, and other things that we may not have seen. In every Metroid game that Yoshio Sakamoto has been involved with, Ridley has been included. Yoshio Sakamoto was also responsible for Miitomo, which recently had the Metroid promotion that included the Ridley pet. If Ridley does get included in Metroid: Samus Returns, it won't be as a boss, but via a cameo at the end, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I actually forgot Sakamoto wasn't involved with the original Metroid II, though knew he was with mostly everything else. Still glad this remake of it became his shot at redemption though after Other M, and how many have already let go of their hate for the man. All things considered, this Metroid II remake was perfectly well timed, even though we normally ought to have gotten it a long time ago, but hey, it makes "Samus Returns" better titled than originally intended, because now she really has returned and is back with us again after all these years of absence. <3

Also great that Kenji Yamamoto's back as the composer. I know Other M had a few or couple good tracks (an obvious being the latest Ridley theme), but the game's music still suffered without his touch, among the game's other obvious problems.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's based on Arachnus' theme. Arachnus didn't have a theme in Metroid II: Return of Samus, but Arachnus-X in Metroid Fusion did:

One thing to note: Yoshio Sakamoto was not involved in Metroid II: Return of Samus, but he is involved with Metroid: Samus Returns. Metroid: Samus Returns is meant to be a "re-imagination" of Metroid II: Return of Samus
, with new abilities, and other things that we may not have seen. In every Metroid game that Yoshio Sakamoto has been involved with, Ridley has been included. Yoshio Sakamoto was also responsible for Miitomo, which recently had the Metroid promotion that included the Ridley pet. If Ridley does get included in Metroid: Samus Returns, it won't be as a boss, but via a cameo at the end, in my opinion.
I can imagine Samus Returns's ending to be Super's beginning, with Ridley infiltrating the Ceres Colony during the very last seconds of the game, and thus hinting a Super remake as well.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I can imagine Samus Returns's ending to be Super's beginning, with Ridley infiltrating the Ceres Colony during the very last seconds of the game, and thus hinting a Super remake as well.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking too. It would be a nice tie in. Though if they do eventually do a remake for Super Metroid, I hope it's on Nintendo Switch.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I know Super ironically wasn't one of the top selling in the series, but it's kind of irrelevant in the face of how it impacted gaming as a whole, which lead to Castlevania Symphony of the Night and other "Metroidvania" type stuff. A remake of it wouldn't be necessary as with the original Metroid and II with how well it still holds up (and Super in its own way WAS a remake of Metroid NES when ya think about it, before Zero Mission came along as such), but a Super remake would still be appreciated nonetheless, even though I doubt they could fully recapture the perfection it was in 1994...

Last edited:
We have to remember that Ridley's theme wasn't originally Ridley's theme, and only became that over time.

In Super Metroid it was used for Draygon and the escape as well.

Also, I wouldnt be too hopeful about Ridley in Samus returns since there isnt really any real reason to have him show up. We do overhype him here a bit haha.

But that doesnt mean we should give up suppose. After all, Space Pirates Never Falter ;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know Super ironically wasn't one of the top selling in the series, but it's kind of irrelevant in the face of how it impacted gaming as a whole, which lead to Castlevania Symphony of the Night and other "Metroidvania" type stuff. A remake of it wouldn't be necessary as with the original Metroid and II with how well it still holds up (and Super in its own way WAS a remake of Metroid NES when ya think about it, before Zero Mission came along as such), but a Super remake would still be appreciated nonetheless, even though I doubt they could fully recapture the perfection it was in 1994...
Agreed, the reasons they've given for remaking Metroid and Metroid II have been that the games haven't aged well and actually needed complete overhauls as far as both gameplay and the worlds go. A Super Metroid remake would be one of the most pointless remakes I can think of, the game is often being used to teach upcoming game designers both the fundamentals and the depth of actually making a game, from a design point of view it's an absolute masterpiece. Sure you can bring the graphics and sounds up to date, but at that point it just becomes a HD remaster, and it's not even necessary either as the 16-bit graphics are actually really effective in capturing the atmosphere (as is also the case with other SNES games like Super Castlevania IV).

I'd understand a HD remake of the Prime trilogy as 3D games only benefit from that, but other than that I feel like we're good as far as Metroid remakes go, I don't want it to get to the same point as Pokémon has gotten where remakes have become completely pointless for any other reason than to try and fix design flaws.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Whilst I think if Ridley appears in Metroid: Samus Returns it would be via a post credits cameo, him being a bonus boss would be neat. Even better if he was a secret final boss. From what I've seen, Ridley has appeared in every Metroid title that Yoshio Sakamoto has been involved in. He even appeared in Miitomo, an app that Yoshio Sakamoto was involved in, and came with 5 variations (which no-one expected). Having Ridley not appear in Metroid: Samus Returns would be both a surprise and not a surprise - the former because of what I mentioned previously, and the latter because Ridley wasn't in Metroid II: The Return of Samus. The main thing to remember is: Metroid: Samus Returns (a project Yoshio Sakamoto is directing) is a "re-imagining" of Metroid II: The Return of Samus (a project that Yoshio Sakamoto wasn't involved with), and we've seen examples of features added that weren't in the original, so maybe Ridley will be added here in some form. Then again, we shouldn't get too carried away. Let's just hope for the best, and definitely support the game regardless.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Whilst I think if Ridley appears in Metroid: Samus Returns it would be via a post credits cameo, him being a bonus boss would be neat. Even better if he was a secret final boss. From what I've seen, Ridley has appeared in every Metroid title that Yoshio Sakamoto has been involved in. He even appeared in Miitomo, an app that Yoshio Sakamoto was involved in, and came with 5 variations (which no-one expected). Having Ridley not appear in Metroid: Samus Returns would be both a surprise and not a surprise - the former because of what I mentioned previously, and the latter because Ridley wasn't in Metroid II: The Return of Samus. The main thing to remember is: Metroid: Samus Returns (a project Yoshio Sakamoto is directing) is a "re-imagining" of Metroid II: The Return of Samus (a project that Yoshio Sakamoto wasn't involved with), and we've seen examples of features added that weren't in the original, so maybe Ridley will be added here in some form. Then again, we shouldn't get too carried away. Let's just hope for the best, and definitely support the game regardless.
I think it might actually happen as Sakamoto confirmed more bosses and stuff, meaning Metroid II is getting the Zero Mission treatment with a post game

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
By the way Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , where's that footage in the gif from? I can't seem to find it, or at least the right time for it.
Super Metroid you dummy :p
I snagged it off of NeoGAF, no timestamp as far as I'm aware.

Also, I'd like to note that Ridley's last chronological appearance before Samus Returns had red eyes lime this sneaky red eyed guy has. (Prime 3)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Super Metroid you dummy :p
I snagged it off of NeoGAF, no timestamp as far as I'm aware.

Also, I'd like to note that Ridley's last chronological appearance before Samus Returns had red eyes lime this sneaky red eyed guy has. (Prime 3)
I think he meant the one from Samus Returns.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hm... What about a more finished version of the Ridley robot from Zero Mission? I know it wasn't that well done there as a boss, but the concept could still be easily improved upon, especially if the real Ridley's still recooperating after Prime 3 and during Metroid II. The Ridley Robot Mark II would of course be complete with wings and other parts the original model lacked.

Again, I'm not all for shoehorning him into every game since even he needs a break every now and then to stay fresh (then again, the series has been on a break for awhile itself, so whatever), but just a thought.

And yeah, the insecure connection with this place kinda worried me last night and was wondering if it was just me. I think the site just got improperly configured for a bit when someone was doing a change/update, but it happens.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If that's Ridley, his nostrils are much higher up on his face than they've ever been.
Or he's looking with his beak straight forward like o------ instead of
o
\
\
. It's wishful thinking but I can't help but feel Ridley will be added in the post game as Samus Returns seems to be an apology letter about Other M, and Ridley being one of the most popular non-Samus characters

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I could see Ridley being added just because he's really popular and this game doesn't seem to be a 1:1 remake.

That thing in the background doesn't look like Ridley to me tho.

D

Deleted member

Or he's looking with his beak straight forward like o------ instead of
o
\
\
. It's wishful thinking but I can't help but feel Ridley will be added in the post game as Samus Returns seems to be an apology letter about Other M, and Ridley being one of the most popular non-Samus characters
If that were the case, the visible breath of the nostrils wouldn't be making a ^ shape.

D

Deleted member

ok, because of the Ridley discussion I decided to listwn to Ridley's theme and found out Ridley X from Fusion's beak is like I suggested AND has red eyes. Huh. Not saying it's 100% him, but that's a funny coincidence
The nostrils are still too high up to be him.

D

Deleted member

Looking at his Fusion sprite I kinda disagree
But it's admittedly late and the heat's messing with me so maybe I can't see straight
nostrils.png

If facing the camera in a neutral state (i.e. not roaring), the breath from the nostrils would be lower than the creature in the background.

Has Ridley ever blew smoke out of his nose? It seems super weird that he would do it here.

But on the one-in-a-million chance that this is Ridley, it would be utterly spectacular i he got a small redesign to ft Metroid 2 here and wound up being fit for smash AND relevan at the same time. It would be awesome, but also very infeasible.

Admittedly, my extremely powerful hype-dampeners are still starting to fail from this :p

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Has Ridley ever blew smoke out of his nose? It seems super weird that he would do it here.
No, but it's something that dragons and dragon-like creatures do.

Maybe it's something that Ridley can do too, I mean:

We didn't expect Ridley to be the reason why Samus became an orphan, trained by the Chozo, joined the Galactic Federation (and eventually leaving it), and became a Bounty Hunter (Pre-Metroid).
We didn't expect Ridley to be able to build a robot version of himself (Mecha Ridley, Zero Mission).
We didn't expect Ridley to get cybernetically enhanced (Prime).
We didn't expect Ridley to be enhanced further by being given Phazon (Prime 3).
We didn't expect Ridley to be canonically killed and cloned (Super, Other M).
We didn't expect Ridley's clone to have evolved from an evil white furby with chicken legs and then a furry lizard.
We didn't expect Ridley's clone to have been killed by the Metroid Queen, rather than Samus (Other M).
We didn't expect Ridley's clone (corpse) to appear in the BSL Station freezing chamber (Fusion).
We didn't expect Ridley's clone corpse to shatter into pieces and the DNA copied by a Core-X (X Parasite).

If we learn something new about Ridley in each game, isn't that worth something?

Looking at the boss list from every Sakamoto game, they have problems - some have too many eyes, some don't have the right eye colour, the majority can't breathe smoke or fire, the majority don't have nostrils, many of them are native to Planet Zebes (and have no way to move planets), some don't exist in this part of the timeline.

Either this creature in the background is a new boss, or is Ridley (possibly with a slightly different design). Can't see it being anything else.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
No, but it's something that dragons and dragon-like creatures do.

Maybe it's something that Ridley can do too, I mean:

We didn't expect Ridley to be the reason why Samus became an orphan, trained by the Chozo, joined the Galactic Federation (and eventually leaving it), and became a Bounty Hunter (Pre-Metroid).
We didn't expect Ridley to be able to build a robot version of himself (Mecha Ridley, Zero Mission).
We didn't expect Ridley to get cybernetically enhanced (Prime).
We didn't expect Ridley to be enhanced further by being given Phazon (Prime 3).
We didn't expect Ridley to be canonically killed and cloned (Super, Other M).
We didn't expect Ridley's clone to have evolved from an evil white furby with chicken legs and then a furry lizard.
We didn't expect Ridley's clone to have been killed by the Metroid Queen, rather than Samus (Other M).
We didn't expect Ridley's clone (corpse) to appear in the BSL Station freezing chamber (Fusion).
We didn't expect Ridley's clone corpse to shatter into pieces and the DNA copied by a Core-X (X Parasite).

If we learn something new about Ridley in each game, isn't that worth something?

Looking at the boss list from every Sakamoto game, they have problems - some have too many eyes, some don't have the right eye colour, the majority can't breathe smoke or fire, the majority don't have nostrils, many of them are native to Planet Zebes (and have no way to move planets), some don't exist in this part of the timeline.

Either this creature in the background is a new boss, or is Ridley (possibly with a slightly different design). Can't see it being anything else.
I can't tell if this is being serious or not since it seems just as straw-graspy as the notsogood 'ol Smash 4 speculation days. Background elements exist guys, sometimes things are back there just to add to the aesthetic, no need to make a mountain out of this red, eye-shaped molehill.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I can't tell if this is being serious or not since it seems just as straw-graspy as the notsogood 'ol Smash 4 speculation days. Background elements exist guys, sometimes things are back there just to add to the aesthetic, no need to make a mountain out of this red, eye-shaped molehill.
It's not straw grasping, it's an observation.

That thing in the background is probably just nothing worth looking at, just an extra detail to add depths to the planet.

Edit: Even if the background creature is a boss, it wouldn't be the first time that a boss was teased in the background. In Metroid Fusion, Nightmare's shadow moved in the background before his boss battle.

Nevertheless, in the end I still stand by my belief that if Ridley does get included in Metroid: Samus Returns, it won't be as a boss, but via a cameo at the end, and nothing more. Having a boss role here would be a bonus.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not completely solid, but Prime 4 to possibly come 2018.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/283466-nintendo-pegs-metroid-prime-4-pokemon-switch-for-2018-update

For those still struggling though to find and get a Switch due to stock, selling out, and stuff (not just myself but in general), I'd prefer 2019 or something if anything unless the Switch becomes easier to obtain before then, but will have to see how that all goes... At least got Samus Returns pre-ordered for the time being. The amiibos are nice and all, but I'm honestly more interested in the other extras like the soundtrack. =p

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Not completely solid, but Prime 4 to possibly come 2018.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/283466-nintendo-pegs-metroid-prime-4-pokemon-switch-for-2018-update

For those still struggling though to find and get a Switch due to stock, selling out, and stuff (not just myself but in general), I'd prefer 2019 or something if anything unless the Switch becomes easier to obtain before then, but will have to see how that all goes... At least got Samus Returns pre-ordered for the time being. The amiibos are nice and all, but I'm honestly more interested in the other extras like the soundtrack. =p
Didn't they just announce that Prime 4 had just gone into development? Like... that would mean a year's development... something's not right here. If it's planned to be out in 2018, they should have been working on it for a few years. By the way they worded it, it's like they only just started on it =/

I'd like to pre-order the special edition, but no UK retailer has it listed yet. Been looking out for it every day, no luck yet. I'll be getting the Metroid amiibo too. Would be nice if Ridley got an amiibo in the future... I'd buy multiple if he did, no joke.

It was said metroid was announced extra early, so a delay certainly isnt out of tge qurstuon.

With Xenoblade 2 releasing on schedule, we know Nontendo is fluent in release magic, but im not too sure about this one.
plus ridley is too big to take less than a year to develop

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Didn't they just announce that Prime 4 had just gone into development? Like... that would mean a year's development... something's not right here. If it's planned to be out in 2018, they should have been working on it for a few years. By the way they worded it, it's like they only just started on it =/

I'd like to pre-order the special edition, but no UK retailer has it listed yet. Been looking out for it every day, no luck yet. I'll be getting the Metroid amiibo too. Would be nice if Ridley got an amiibo in the future... I'd buy multiple if he did, no joke.
I'm sure they've been working on MP4 longer than that, but decided to be tight lipped about it till this recent E3 when its development was somewhere closer to being done I guess... assuming it's to be released 2018 anyway, but I'm doubting that at the moment. Plus it could always be delayed/pushed back a bit further which Nintendo's had a habit of doing with a number of games.
edit: Was just ninja'd on that point. xD

Dang, well hope you manage to find the special edition eventually, but I understand you UK folks have an exclusive deal with it or something, so that's cool, but would also explain why you haven't been able to find it yet due to selling out. And yep...

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
It was said metroid was announced extra early, so a delay certainly isnt out of tge qurstuon.

With Xenoblade 2 releasing on schedule, we know Nontendo is fluent in release magic, but im not too sure about this one.
plus ridley is too big to take less than a year to develop
Sorry, just had to =P

(Image by @SchAlternate by the way. It's one of my favourites XD)

Do we still have a supporter list?
Nah. Supporter lists never really mean too much. Showing support in a thread is more than enough without clogging up the OP.

Speaking of, any suggestions? I feel like the one for the odl grou was a tad better but way too preachy.
This new one could use some work, y'know? Nothing like "second post" level of good, i'll lave that to you crazy people, but just a section to add here or there or little edits.

Man, remember the second post? good times. Bad times, but also good times.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , here is an updated list of appearances:

APPEARANCES IN GAMES
Year|Title (System)|Event / Mode / Series / Other (If applicable)|New / Re-release|Ridley|Role
1986|Metroid (NES)|N/A|NEW|Ridley|Mini-boss
1994|Super Metroid (SNES)|N/A|NEW|Ridley|Boss
1999|Super Smash Bros. (N64)|N/A|NEW|Ridley|Stage Background cameo
2001|Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)|N/A|NEW|Ridley|Intro cutscene, trophy
2002|Metroid Prime (Gamecube)|N/A|NEW|Meta Ridley|Boss
2002|Metroid Fusion (GBA)|N/A|NEW|Clone| Frozen Corpse
2002|Metroid Fusion (GBA)|N/A|NEW|Ridley-X / Neo Ridley| Boss (Core-X mimic)
2004|Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)|N/A|NEW [1] |Ridley|Boss
2004|Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)|N/A|NEW [1] |Mecha Ridley| Boss
2004|Metroid (1986) (GBA)|Classic NES Series (NTSC) / NES Classics (PAL)|Re-release [2] |Ridley|Mini-boss
2004|Metroid Prime 2: Echoes|Bonus Disc|NEW|Dark Ridley|Concept Art
2005|Metroid Prime Pinball (DS)|N/A|NEW|Meta Ridley|Table boss
2006|Wario Ware Smooth Moves|Super Nostalgic Entertainment System|NEW|Ridley|Mini-game cameo (Cartridge art)
2007|Metroid (1986) (Wii)|Wii Shop Channel - Virtual Console|Re-release [3] |Ridley|Mini-boss
2007|Super Metroid (1994)|Wii Shop Channel - Virtual Console|Re-release [3] |Ridley|Boss
2007|Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)|N/A|NEW| Meta Ridley (2)|Boss
2007|Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)|N/A|NEW| Omega Ridley|Boss
2008|Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)|Sub Space Emissary, Collectibles|NEW|Ridley|Boss, Sticker, Trophy
2008|Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)|Sub Space Emissary, Collectibles|NEW|Meta Ridley|Boss, Trophy
2009|Super Smash Bros.(Wii)|Wii Shop Channel - Virtual Console|Re-release [3] |Ridley|Stage Background cameo
2009|Metroid Prime Trilogy|Metroid Prime|Re-release [2] |Meta Ridley|Boss, Concept Art
2009|Metroid Prime Trilogy|Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|Re-release [2] |Meta Ridley (2)|Boss
2009|Metroid Prime Trilogy|Metroid Prime 3: Corruption|Re-release [2] |Omega Ridley|Boss, Concept Art
2009|Wiiであそぶ メトロイドプライム (New Play Control! Metroid Prime) (Wii)|New Play Control! (Japan only)|Re-release [2] |Meta Ridley|Boss
2010|Metroid Other M (Wii)|N/A|NEW|Clone|Boss (x2)
2011|Dead or Alive Dimensions (3DS)|Geothermal Power Plant (Stage)|NEW|Clone|Stage Hazard
2011|Metroid Zero Mission (3DS)|Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program|Re-release [4] |Ridley| Boss
2011|Metroid Zero Mission (3DS)|Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program|Re-release [4] |Mecha Ridley| Boss
2011|Metroid Fusion (3DS)|Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program|Re-release [4] |Clone| Frozen Corpse
2011|Metroid Fusion (3DS)|Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program|Re-release [4] |Ridley-X / Neo Ridley| Boss (Core-X mimic)
2012|Metroid (1986) (3DS)|3DS eShop - Virtual Console|Re-release [3][5] |Ridley|Mini-boss
2012|Nintendo Land (WiiU)|Metroid Blast|NEW|Ridley (Animatronic)|Boss
2012|Nintendo Land (WiiU)|Metroid Blast|NEW|Ice Ridley (Animatronic)|Boss
2013|Metroid (1986) (WiiU)|WiiU eShop - Virtual Console|Re-release [3] |Ridley|Mini-boss
2014|NES REMIX 2 (WiiU)|Metroid|NEW|Ridley|Mission Challenge
2014|NES REMIX Pack (WiiU)|Metroid|Re-release [2] |Ridley|Mission Challenge
2014|Ultimate NES REMIX (3DS)|Metroid|Re-release [2] |Ridley|Mission Challenge
2014|Metroid Fusion (WiiU)|WiiU eShop - Virtual Console|Re-release [3] |Clone| Frozen Corpse
2014|Metroid Fusion (WiiU)|WiiU eShop - Virtual Console|Re-release [3] |Ridley-X / Neo Ridley| Boss (Core-X mimic)
2014|Metroid Zero Mission (WiiU)|WiiU eShop - Virtual Console|Re-release [3] |Ridley|Boss
2014|Metroid Zero Mission (WiiU)|WiiU eShop - Virtual Console|Re-release [3] |Mecha Ridley|Boss
2014|Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (WiiU)|Pyrosphere (Stage)|NEW|Clone|Stage Hazard (boss)
2015|Metroid Prime Trilogy (WiiU)|WiiU eShop|Re-release [3] |Meta Ridley|Boss, Concept Art
2015|Metroid Prime Trilogy (WiiU)|WiiU eShop|Re-release [3] |Meta Ridley (2)|Boss
2015|Metroid Prime Trilogy (WiiU)|WiiU eShop|Re-release [3] |Omega Ridley|Boss, Concept Art
2015|Nintendo Badge Arcade|Limited Time Promotion|NEW|Ridley|Badge (Usable)
2015|Guild Wars 2|Heart of Thorns (Additional Content)|NEW|Meta Ridley| Smash Brawler character trait icon
2016|Metroid Other M (WiiU)|WiiU eShop|Re-release [3] |Clone|Boss (x2)
2016|Metroid Prime Federation Force (3DS)|N/A|NEW|Ridley|Mech Suit paint job
2016|Miitomo (Android, iOS)|Metroid 30th Anniversary|NEW [6] |Ridley|Mii Pet (Wearable)
2016|Miitomo (Android, iOS)|Metroid 30th Anniversary|NEW [6] |Ridley (Cyan)|Mii Pet (Wearable)
2016|Miitomo (Android, iOS)|Metroid 30th Anniversary|NEW [6] |Ridley (Black)|Mii Pet (Wearable)
2016|Miitomo (Android, iOS)|Metroid 30th Anniversary|NEW [6] |Ridley (Red)|Mii Pet (Wearable)
2016|Miitomo (Android, iOS)|Metroid 30th Anniversary|NEW [6] |Ridley (Green)|Mii Pet (Wearable)
2016|Miitomo (Android, iOS)|Metroid 30th Anniversary|NEW [6] |Ridley|Super Metroid T-shirt - black sleeves (Wearable)
2016|Miitomo (Android, iOS)|Metroid 30th Anniversary|NEW [6] |Ridley|Super Metroid T-shirt - green sleeves (Wearable)
2016|Miitomo (Android, iOS)|Metroid 30th Anniversary|NEW [6] |Ridley|Super Metroid T-shirt - orange sleeves (Wearable)
2016|Metroid (1986)|Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition (NTSC)|Re-release [7] |Ridley|Mini-boss
2016|Metroid (1986)|Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System (PAL)|Re-release [7] |Ridley|Mini-boss
2016|Metroid (1986)|ニンテンドークラシックミニ ファミリーコンピュータ (Nintendo Classic Mini: Family Computer) (Japan)|Re-release [7] |Ridley|Mini-boss
2017|Super Mario Run (Android, iOS, 2016)|Content Update (Compatibility)|NEW [8] |Ridley|Mii profile picture, Mii Pet (Wearable)
2017|Super Mario Run (Android, iOS, 2016)|Content Update (Compatibility)|NEW [8] |Ridley (Cyan)|Mii profile picture, Mii Pet (Wearable)
2017|Super Mario Run (Android, iOS, 2016)|Content Update (Compatibility)|NEW [8] |Ridley (Black)|Mii profile picture, Mii Pet (Wearable)
2017|Super Mario Run (Android, iOS, 2016)|Content Update (Compatibility)|NEW [8] |Ridley (Red)|Mii profile picture, Mii Pet (Wearable)
2017|Super Mario Run (Android, iOS, 2016)|Content Update (Compatibility)|NEW [8] |Ridley (Green)|Mii profile picture, Mii Pet (Wearable)
2017|Super Mario Run (Android, iOS, 2016)|Content Update (Compatibility)|NEW [8] |Ridley|Mii profile picture, Super Metroid T-shirt - black sleeves (Wearable)
2017|Super Mario Run (Android, iOS, 2016)|Content Update (Compatibility)|NEW [8] |Ridley|Mii profile picture, Super Metroid T-shirt - green sleeves (Wearable)
2017|Super Mario Run (Android, iOS, 2016)|Content Update (Compatibility)|NEW [8] |Ridley|Mii profile picture, Super Metroid T-shirt - orange sleeves (Wearable)
1 - Remake of Metroid (NES,1986)
2 - Physical port re-release on a different format to its original.
3 - Digital port re-release.
4 - Digital port re-releases only available for 3DS Ambassadors.
5 - Digital port re-release that was available to 3DS Ambassadors a year prior, for no extra charge.
6 - Limited time release items.
7 - Part of in-built software library, official emulation.
8 - Items worn by Mii compatible through linking Miitomo, Super Mario Run, and your My Nintendo account together. The Mii will be displayed with what they're wearing as a profile picture.

APPEARANCES IN OTHER MEDIA
Year|Product / Company|Event / Chapter / Other|Format|Ridley|Appearance/Role
1986|Metroid Manga Strategy Guide|Wanpakku Comics|Manga|Ridley|Chapter enemy
1987|Famiken Ryu: The Adventure of Valkyrie and Metroid|N/A|Manga|Ridley|Chapter enemy
1987|Famiken Ryu: Metroid and Super Xevious - The Riddle of Gamp|N/A|Manga|Ridley|Chapter enemy
1989|Famitsu Comix: The Shape of Happiness|Metroid III|Manga|Ridley|Chapter Enemy
1989|Topps Card (US/Canada only)|Metroid|Print|Ridley|Topps Card design
----|Famicom Choco Keshi toy|Metroid|3D item|Ridley|Collectable toy (many variations)
1990|Nintendo Comics System - Captain N: The Game Master|Prison World - Breakout|Comic|Ridley|Chapter enemy
1990|Nintendo Comics System - Captain N: The Game Master|Garbage World / When Friends Fall Out|Comic|Ridley|Chapter enemy (Flashback)
1990|The Power Game Calendar|November|Print|Ridley|Calendar image
1994|Super Metroid (SNES)|N/A|Print|Ridley|Boxart cover, cartridge design
1994|Super Metroid (SNES)|N/A|Commercial (Japan only)|Ridley|Advertising for Super Metroid
1994|Shounen Oh Game Comic: Super Metroid - Issue 1: Round and Round|I Don't Wanna Work!|Manga|Ridley|Part of 4-Panel manga
1994|Shounen Oh Game Comic:Super Metroid - Issue 3: Find the Baby!!|New Summer Night's Dream|Manga|Ridley|Part of 4-Panel manga
1994|Nintendo Power (Comic) - Volume 57|Super Metroid - Red Alarm!|Comic|Ridley|Chapter enemy
1994|Nintendo Power (Comic) - Volume 60|Super Metroid - Samus' Story|Comic|Ridley|Chapter enemy
1994|Nintendo Power (Comic) - Volume 61|Super Metroid - The Final Battle|Comic|Ridley|Chapter enemy
1994|Super Metroid Player's Guide|N/A|Print|Ridley|Front Cover art, Screenshots / Artwork
2002|Metroid Prime: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide|N/A|Print|Meta Ridley|Screenshots
2002|Metroid Prime Official Strategy Guide (BradyGames)|N/A|Print|Meta Ridley|Screenshots
2002|Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (Prima Games)|N/A|Print|Meta Ridley|Screenshots
2002|Metroid|Volume 1|Manga|Ridley|Antagonist
2002|Metroid|Volume 2|Manga|Ridley|Antagonist
2003|Samus & Joey|Volume 1, Chapter 2: Terrible Bioweapon|Manga|Ridley|Flashback Panel (Page 50)
2003|Samus & Joey|Volume 3|Manga|Greed|Antagonist
2004|Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)|N/A|Print|Ridley|Boxart cover design
2004|Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)|N/A|Commercial (Japan only)|Ridley|Advertising for Metroid Zero Mission
2004|Metroid EX: Samus and Joey|Chapter 9: Rescue Mission|Manga|Ridley|Flashback Panel
2004|Metroid EX: Samus and Joey|N/A|Manga|Greed|Main Antagonist
2006|Hasbro, Inc / Nintendo Co., Inc|Monopoly: Nintendo Collector's Edition|Print, Board Game|Meta Ridley| Ridley , an orange board space worth £180 / $180
2008|Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)|N/A|Print|Omega Ridley|Boxart cover design
2009|Metroid Prime Trilogy|Art Booklet|Print|Dark Ridley|Concept Art
2010|Metroid Other M (Wii)|TV Commercial :60 Spot|Commercial (US)|Clone|CGI advertising for Metroid Other M
2010|Hasbro, Inc / Nintendo Co. Ltd|Monopoly: Nintendo Collector's Edition|Print, Board Game|Omega Ridley| Ridley , an orange board space worth £180 / $180
2014|Nintendo Co., Ltd, 3DS eShop (US)|Villains Takeover (promotion)|Nintendo eShop|Ridley|Villain Takeover promotion, advertising for Metroid (1986) [1]
2014|The Anatomy of Metroid Deluxe Edition|Metroid|Print|Ridley|Screenshot
2016|Super Metroid|Virtual Console (New Nintendo 3DS exclusive)|eShop card|Ridley|Super Metroid boxart illustration
2016|Super Famicom The Box Art Collection (Bitmap Books)|Super Metroid (Page 225)|Print|Ridley|Japanese Boxart design photograph
2016|Uniqlo Co., Ltd, Nintendo Co., Ltd|UT GRAND PRIX 2017 - Nintendo|Video (Youtube)|Meta Ridley|Advertising for the competition [2]
2016|Nintendo Co., Ltd|Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition (NTSC)|Website|Ridley|Website artwork advertising for the Mini console
2016|Nintendo Co., Ltd|Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System (PAL)|Website|Ridley|Website artwork advertising for the Mini console
2016|Playing With Power: Nintendo NES Classics (Prima Games / Nintendo Co., Ltd)|Metroid|Print|Ridley|Screenshots
TBC|First4Figures|Meta Ridley|Collectable Statue|Meta Ridley|Purchasable item on First4Figures website
1 - As part of the promotion, alongside Bowser, Ganondorf and Dr. Wily (three iconic villains), and Wario (previously a villain in the Super Mario series).
2 - As part of the reel, alongside Bowser and Ganondorf (two iconic villains), and King Dedede (iconic Kirby character).
I've included the compatibility list for Super Mario Run.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sign me up for another bout of wishful hoping followed by a Ridley-sized disappointment.

Top Bottom