• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It was the Smash Reddit. They say "he took over a spot reserved for someone worth while, and now we have a useless character, blah, blah, blah." Very salty and angry people.
Well you can't really expect Smash fans to be reasonable whenever they see something they don't like. There are a lot of good, fun people in this community and there are just as many manchildren who ***** and moan everytime they even catch a whiff of something they don't like. It's a shame, but it's the unfortunate truth.

Zeox

Smash Champion
It was the Smash Reddit. They say "he took over a spot reserved for someone worth while, and now we have a useless character, blah, blah, blah." Very salty and angry people.
Let them get consumed by blind rage, nothing of what they do can't change the fact that Ridley is in smash.
Aaahh, it feels wonderful to be able to say it, Ridley IS in smash, still can't believe it.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
okay guys, anyone on e3 for test ridley??? i wanna see how kirby hat looks like

I love that his Idle animation is based on his Zero Mission appearance, and his fireballs are based from his NES boss battle

Also, gamexplain shows the ridley alt colors at the beginning of the video, i spotted:

01 - Original
02 - Red (Super Metroid Boxart)
03 - Blue with purple wings (Ridley X)
04 - Green with purple wings (Zero Mission)
05 - Bright Purple with Green (NES Sprite)
06- Pale Red with blue wings (no idea of this one)
07- Silver/Purple-ish with Green wings (Mecha ridley)
08- Darker purple with orange wings (Brawl colors)

Really nice choice of colours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMipP89AtFI

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I've been waiting for this day for so long. Literally over a decade of anticipation finally paid off. Hell, my first post on Smashboards was defending Ridley. I'm not sure how to speculate for smash without pining for the big purple lug.

Zeox

Smash Champion
okay guys, anyone on e3 for test ridley??? i wanna see how kirby hat looks like

I love that his Idle animation is based on his Zero Mission appearance, and his fireballs are based from his NES boss battle

Also, gamexplain shows the ridley alt colors at the beginning of the video, i spotted:

01 - Original
02 - Red (Super Metroid Boxart)
03 - Blue with purple wings (Ridley X)
04 - Green with purple wings (Zero Mission)
05 - Bright Purple with Green (NES Sprite)
06- Pale Red with blue wings (no idea of this one)
07- Silver/Purple-ish with Green wings (Mecha ridley)
08- Darker purple with orange wings (Brawl colors)

Really nice choice of colours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMipP89AtFI
Where is Meta Ridley?
176.jpg

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Now I hope for the K.K Rool's fans get their Baby. I got 1 1/2 of my 3's I really want, (Krystal is a AT, sad but happy she's in somewhat) Just hoping for the very unlikely Shantae to get in and I'll be an extremely happy duck for a good portion of my life.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Congrats to eveyone here who have waited patiently for Ridley to finally claim a Smash Slot he rightfully deserved

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So it's been a few hours since Ridley's big(lol) reveal. How y'all feeling right now?
10/10 my dude. E3 was disappointing overall (everyone only had like, one or two things) but Ridley was great, the new Smash looks pretty fun, and I'm getting ready to enjoy some nice hot Hollow Knight. It's been a good day.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
We will! Thank you! Let us know if you need any tissues on your way out!
All I wanted in this game was to not have any cuts, and they brought back everyone from every game, better believe I went through a whole bunch of tissues kid ;) ;)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So it's been a few hours since Ridley's big(lol) reveal. How y'all feeling right now?
Still excited - between Snake coming back and Ridley being added, I got 2/3 of my most wanted in one fell swoop! It's like the announcement of Psychonauts 2 all over again for me!

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Real happy for all you Ridley supporters. I wasn't a believer, but it's cool to see him playable. To me he still looks a little small, but I'll take this as a Smash version of Ridley, just how certain other characters aren't exactly like in their games. His moveset seems to be amazing though. Everything looks appropriately cruel and brutal, especially those down and side specials. Can't wait to try him out.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Wonder if Snake is going to do his in-game calls and Pit with Palutena giving advice about Ridley?
I've heard the original VA for Snake has returned for this game, so hopefully that bodes well for more Codec Calls. Heck, looks like they're going to do all of the new ones since Smash 4, and I can't wait.
Hopefully Palutena's Guidance remains aswell, with new skits for the DLC characters and now Ridley and the other future newcomers.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm so glad they really nailed his design.
They managed to have the neck actually not look weird and his arms aren't too small which a problem I have with the Brawl design (also smashified, but that isn't official)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Fuse.png

Roidley: "Weee!"

Ridley: "Shut...up..."

Roidley: "Are you alright, Big Bro?"

Ridley: "What do you think? I have been fighting against your 5 year old coeficient more than I have done the other fighters, Silly One...Damn Talking Gloves...but oh well, in one way or another, we are both here."

Roidley: "YEAH! It is gonna be fun! Now I gotta ask, Big Bro...are those memories with the pretty cosmic lady what I'm seeing? Is that why you were gone for so long?...Oooh! What's this 'Tennis" thing?"

Ridley: "Hey, that's personal, you idiot! And don't you dare to think that me seeing at times your memories of you being chased by Killer Bees is even funny."

xD Yeah, after I saw Ridley's design, I couldn't help but to think that my Ridley Bros had fused to become one. It's a struggle within their head. Ridley's the lead but Roidley's silliness peaks in from time to time.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
View attachment 147989

Roidley: "Weee!"

Ridley: "Shut...up..."

Roidley: "Are you alright, Big Bro?"

Ridley: "What do you think? I have been fighting against your 5 year old coeficient more than I have done the other fighters, Silly One...Damn Talking Gloves...but oh well, in one way or another, we are both here."

Roidley: "YEAH! It is gonna be fun! Now I gotta ask, Big Bro...are those memories with the pretty cosmic lady what I'm seeing? Is that why you were gone for so long?...Oooh! What's this 'Tennis" thing?"

Ridley: "Hey, that's personal, you idiot! Don't you dare to imagine that me seeing at times your memories of you begin chased by Killer Bees is even funny."

xD Yeah, after I saw Ridley's design, I couldn't help but to think that my Ridley Bros had fused to become one. It's a struggle within their head. Ridley's the lead but Roidley's silliness peaks in from time to time.
I'm now imagining them doing the Fusion Dance. Thanks.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I still remember my posts earlier in this thread, as ridiculously as they were, there was just a gut feeling he had to be in this time.

Now the Ridley haters can cringe in defeat. Haha

D

Deleted member

I still remember my posts earlier in this thread, as ridiculously as they were, there was just a gut feeling he had to be in this time.

Now the Ridley haters can cringe in defeat. Haha
And I'm glad they do cringe in defeat. Why hate on the boi? He's literally three things the roster needed. Another Heavy, Another Villain, And BLESS UP another Metroid Character. Sakurai is doing the RIGHT things.

Ade117

Smash Rookie
So happy to see Ridley finally in Smash. He seems a little strong as shown in the Treehouse, but it's probably hard to hit the sweet spot when battles get hectic. Great reveal trailer, and I look forward to December!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really like how Nintendo acknowledged the "Ridley is too big" meme in Ridley's splash screen. "Ridley hits the big time" is clever. He successfully got in Smash. :joyful:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
WOOF. GUYS, IT HAS BEEN A WHILE. BOTH ME SHOWING UP IN THIS ORUM, ONLINE OVERALL AND ABOUT THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD AND IN RECENT TIMES.

BUT...

THAT DOES NOT MATTER RIGHT NOW. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT OUR VOICES WERE HEARD AND OUR GODDAMN GOD OF DEATH, AND AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL SAVAGE DESTROYER KILLER OF A PURPLE PTERODACTYL OF SPACE IS FINALLY IN SMASH.

I AM STILL SHOOK AND WILL ALWAYS BE.

SAKURAI, YOU ARE A TROLL AND I BOTH HATE YOU AND LOVE YOU.

TODAY, PIRATES, WE HAVE CONQUERED.

LONG LIVE, OUR LEADER, RIDLEY.

:bowser:.

Top Bottom