• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lower Fair at the ledge

InfinitySoul

Smash Apprentice
I was reviewing Earths games. When Pit is holding the ledge a usual option is release SH Fair.
I thought he could throw the Fair lower.

Here are my results :
(http://hpics.li/f47ccaf)

You can see the hitbox hits Roy a lower (on his foot instead of his leg).
Which means you can shield stab much more easily.
The only drawbacks I found so far are : 2% less damage and probably have a shorter range.

Instead of releasing the ledge holding back, you should release holding down, press forward, press A (for fair) and keep the stick tilted forward.

Video (Earth's fair @ 2:35, lower Fair @ 2:55).

If there is anything I missed or that you want to add...

Last edited:

knepsis

Smash Rookie
I believe the higher fair hits the autocancel window for fair, so it'll usually be better drive it's got less lag, but this could be useful against a damaged shield, fe if you've already hit their shield with upperdash while recovering this should poke and you can get positioning advantage

InfinitySoul

Smash Apprentice
Lower Fair does autocancel, go @2:55 and slow down the video.

Also I just noticed Pit landed quite far from Ryu with low fair. Far enough that Dsmash and jabs certainly don't connect. Needs to test if Pit can lands a bit further.

knepsis

Smash Rookie
Lower Fair does autocancel, go @2:55 and slow down the video.

Also I just noticed Pit landed quite far from Ryu with low fair. Far enough that Dsmash and jabs certainly don't connect. Needs to test if Pit can lands a bit further.
It does not look like it autocanceled

Top Bottom