• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier?

Should the tier list be updated every so often to keep up with new character developments?

• Total voters

_TacocaT_

Smash Rookie
NNID
JohnnyAza
3DS FC
2079-8105-2974
I fully understand Olimar's limitations after having used him so much in Brawl and PM and I'm not big one "tier lists" since it all depends on skill, but I'm slightly offended by Olimar's huge misplacement in the PM Preliminary tier list on Clash tournaments website. I personally would like to see an update, especially after so many major tournament turnouts..(emukiller vs M2K anyone :3...). Make you're vote count cause I'm always having the "tier-list" argument with my smash friends and it'd be nice to see others opinions.

--This is my first post and I hope on asking more public questions and hopefully some help for other Olimars on our small planet.--

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I fully understand Olimar's limitations after having used him so much in Brawl and PM and I'm not big one "tier lists" since it all depends on skill, but I'm slightly offended by Olimar's huge misplacement in the PM Preliminary tier list on Clash tournaments website. I personally would like to see an update, especially after so many major tournament turnouts..(emukiller vs M2K anyone :3...). Make you're vote count cause I'm always having the "tier-list" argument with my smash friends and it'd be nice to see others opinions.

--This is my first post and I hope on asking more public questions and hopefully some help for other Olimars on our small planet.--
I know that everyone is accustomed to the concept of having tier lists for smash games right now, melee's is incredibly solid, as is brawls. But those games came out many many years ago, the metagame is developed far beyond what P:Ms is, and will be for a long long time. All this talk of a P:M tier list is futile, and counterproductive to the development of the metagame. Olimar is not bad at all, it just takes someone to put in the effort to get good with him, and then on top of that, they have to get exposure so other people can see what they are doing to excel with the character. The same goes for literally every character in P:M. Even as a preliminary measure, organizing a tier list is nonsensical and will just mislead people's notions on what a character can do.

A tier list within the next 1-2 years for P:M means nothing, I repeat literally it has no implications whatsoever to how good a character is. We do not have the statistical data over a long enough period of time, nor does anyone have enough competitive experience (NO ONE) against the cast to make ANY accurate predictions on how good any one character is compared to another. All the tier list means is how prominently people are playing one character over another at a given point in time, no substantial trends can be derived, and it is entirely pointless to draw any conclusions whatsoever from any of it, since it is only a collection of completely biased opinions and nothing more.

On top of all of that the game is in active development, so everyone knock it off with the tier list hoopla, you're wasting your time

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
The CT tier list is so garbage and should not be taken seriously under any circumstance. I'm willing to bet over half of the players who voted on that tier list would change it now if they could. While Olimar certainly isn't a bottom tier (I can name quite a few matchups he wins easily), he also loses badly to some very common characters (Fox, Marth, Mewtwo). I would put him at mid tier.

Top Bottom