• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier Showdown

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
BRACKET POSTED

record matches if possible

Sorry I didn't specify, matches are best of 3 except grand finals which is best of 5

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
LOL.....Umm it really depends on your PC I guess, I did before but only on the short online rank vids

Even went as far to do a 4k test, turned out pretty good. ^^

You can up the resolution all you want, it's not going to magically add more pixels. Anyone watching that video is still only going to get the max resolution that our screen can handle, and I'm sure the emulator can force higher resolutions but the game still only has default textures that look the same 4k or 1080p.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
You can up the resolution all you want, it's not going to magically add more pixels. Anyone watching that video is still only going to get the max resolution that our screen can handle, and I'm sure the emulator can force higher resolutions but the game still only has default textures that look the same 4k or 1080p.
I guess that answers Herbert Von Karajan question. I really didn't know the right thing to type, thanks. ^^

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I believe I told Killer that uploading anything, especially games, in HD is pointless, because it'll never be true HD.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
How am I wrong? You can't record in maximum resolution at respectable frames, and can't record and/or render at maximum bit-rate.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
What the hell is "Maximum resolution" and "maximum bit-rate"
If you were to record in 1080p resolution, you wouldn't be able to either record its maximum resolution (say as in Fraps, half-size), or you won't be able to record in maximum bit-rate (dxtory, compressed bit-rate).

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
If you were to record in 1080p resolution, you wouldn't be able to either record its maximum resolution (say as in Fraps, half-size), or you won't be able to record in maximum bit-rate (dxtory, compressed bit-rate).
Stop calling it maximum, that makes no sense

Also, wrong and wrong. There is no limit on anything regarding video footage

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Stop calling it maximum, that makes no sense

Also, wrong and wrong. There is no limit on anything regarding video footage
How does it make no sense, it's exactly what's being described. I never said there was a limit on video footage, I said you're not going to get a game in true HD on youtube because of the limits from data, software, and possibly hardware.

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
How does it make no sense, it's exactly what's being described. I never said there was a limit on video footage, I said you're not going to get a game in true HD on youtube because of the limits from data, software, and possibly hardware.
Wrong again. Go to the social thread and post evidence that you cannot upload "true HD" to youtube because I'm not going to respond to something this ridiculous in this thread anymore.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Wrong again. Go to the social thread and post evidence that you cannot upload "true HD" to youtube because I'm not going to respond to something this ridiculous in this thread anymore.
Well you can always upscale the output of the n64 until a pixel is like, an inch, and you could do anti-aliasing to smooth it out,
but if the n64 only has like, 720x??? pixel resolution, then my question is why upload at 1080. A good answer would have been, to combat the negative effects of google's video encoder at lower resolutions

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Well you can always upscale the output of the n64 until a pixel is like, an inch, and you could do anti-aliasing to smooth it out,
but if the n64 only has like, 720x??? pixel resolution, then my question is why upload at 1080. A good answer would have been, to combat the negative effects of google's video encoder at lower resolutions
That's not really what upscaling means and that's not the n64's native resolution and that's not how resolution really works. Increasing the resolution of the game literally does mean that more pixels will be used to render the game to make it run sharper. Textures will not be improved past their original quality but the game will always look sharper and cleaner at higher resolutions.

Last edited:

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Right. Instead of creating actual arguments explaining how I'm wrong, you just assert your condescending opinion. Typical Fireblaster, I'm done.
On second note, I don't think you even get what I'm saying at all.

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Right. Instead of creating actual arguments explaining how I'm wrong, you just assert your condescending opinion. Typical Fireblaster, I'm done.
On second note, I don't think you even get what I'm saying at all.
It's not condescending when the mod explicitly asked us to move this to the other thread. And when you make claims such as "Youtube, the website where on ALMOST EVERY VIDEO there is an option to view it in HD, doesn't allow true HD" then you better expect to have some evidence or real argument that this is true. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim, which is you and not me.

And I probably don't get what you're saying because I've tried interpreting your posts in multiple ways and none of them make sense or are correct.

Last edited:

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
lol, yep, you didn't get what i was saying at all. On a completely different page, actually.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
gotta wait till the weekend to play MasterSplinter cus we're both working/sleeping during the other's free time.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If anyone drops, I'll enter wut, would be using Samus and DK, maybe Ness prob.

Otherwise, gl to the other people wut.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
If you do not play your first round match by Sunday at 11:00 pm, you will be disqualified.

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
DQ everyone.

Don't replace or the same **** will happen with the replacement and then we'll have to wait another week for the replacement to not play his match.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord

I can't wait for youtube to implement 60 fps asap. I'm tired of having to ****ing render every set for 3 hours just to add motion blur to make the video more pleasant to watch.

Top Bottom