• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier City- PREREG IS UP! Link in 2nd Post! July 27th-28th Grapevine, Tx

Which N64 Mario Party should we run for a side event?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff to Reflex and fly for the top 2, I was really expecting Sethlon to get at least top 2.

D

Deleted member

I tried to set up mario party on denthorns setup, then you started *****ing and making a big deal out of it. So I don't think you have the right to make mario party jokes
It was a waste of a set dude.

D

Deleted member

Best part of Low Tier City for me: Winning a Jiggs Climbers Glitch Match

D

Deleted member

I guess that there weren't 9 other setups, Oracle didn't tell me to do it, and it also definitely was a TV that people actually played on.

D

Deleted member

I guess that there weren't 9 other setups, Oracle didn't tell me to do it, and it also definitely was a TV that people actually played on.
I guess all the sets where open, everyone wanted to play mario party, and people kept using the CRT until someone switched out the wii so we can play P:M.

D

Deleted member

I gathered up a few people and we were going to play, but we were told not too because of the venue closing at 6.
I do remember you making some weird loud pitched noise and unplugging my controller when I changed it though, you threw a temper tantrum :(

D

Deleted member

That reminds me, I never played you at all Zach. I was gonna ask if I could jump in, but y'know, you'd rather play people that are worth your time. You know what I mean?

D

Deleted member

You asked me 2 times if you could stay the night at my place for no reason @_@ I can't fit you in UTDs car and my house
I never remember you asking me to actually play a match, but I probably would of said yes. Stop assuming stuff though, if you're going to tell yourself you're not worth peoples time because you're bad, then you are your own enemy.

D

Deleted member

I gathered up a few people and we were going to play, but we were told not too because of the venue closing at 6.
I do remember you making some weird loud pitched noise and unplugging my controller when I changed it though, you threw a temper tantrum :(
Seems legit.

You asked me 2 times if you could stay the night at my place for no reason @_@ I can't fit you in UTDs car and my house

I never remember you asking me to actually play a match, but I probably would of said yes. Stop assuming stuff though, if you're going to tell yourself you're not worth peoples time because you're bad, then you are your own enemy.
We had space in the car. He wanted to come over and practice with you.
Scotch has asked to play you on multiple occasions.
Stop avoiding Scotch, and stop being a ****.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I tried to set up mario party on denthorns setup, then you started *****ing and making a big deal out of it. So I don't think you have the right to make mario party jokes
Excuse me, that was Denthorn that changed it back to smash bros. Saying I "made a big deal" is not the truth. If you wish to argue though, you can pm me.

EDIT: Missed Ali's post. Zach wasn't talking about me. Oops! xD

D

Deleted member

You probably don't remember, but it's probably just because I'm quiet, but I asked you twice, but it was my fault for not speaking loud enough haha

also, I asked to stay just because I wanted some necessary practice with you and Ali, but it's okay dude, didn't mean to sound annoying lol

Good **** in pools too Zach.

D

Deleted member

also, special thanks to CORY for offering me a ride home and for playing friendlies with me. It made me feel good playing you, and I like playing your Ganon a lot.

D

Deleted member

We had space in the car. He wanted to come over and practice with you.
Scotch has asked to play you on multiple occasions.
Stop avoiding Scotch, and stop being a ****.
We had Bwett, Sethlon, You, Me, and UTD in a car that holds 5. I'm not avoiding him :/
Also, uhh, Aliami told me you carry a knife with you everywhere you go. Is that true? We're all smash lovers, we're not here to kill you

D

Deleted member

We had Bwett, Sethlon, You, Me, and UTD in a car that holds 5. I'm not avoiding him :/
Also, uhh, Aliami told me you carry a knife with you everywhere you go. Is that true? We're all smash lovers, we're not here to kill you
Nope.

Just went I walk to like the Dollar Store and **** like that.

But yeah, you could say that dude. Besides, I never use it anyway. Come on, I'm your friend. I'm not going to do anything.

D

Deleted member

Seth wasn't in the car.
Even though he carries a knife, it's perfectly legal. It's self defence. If he whipped it out and used it however it wouldn't be.

D

Deleted member

Scotch asked after Day 1 of LTC. Bwett wasn't in the car, we would go home, scotch would come with us. Wake up in the morning, Sethlon, UTD, Bwett in the car. 3 + 3 = 6, car only holds 5.

D

Deleted member

Scotch asked after Day 1 of LTC. Bwett wasn't in the car, we would go home, scotch would come with us. Wake up in the morning, Sethlon, UTD, Bwett in the car. 3 + 3 = 6, car only holds 5.
it's all good, it's honestly not a problem, I just wanted to come over because I thought I'd never get a chance like that to play with you and Ali for awhile D:

D

Deleted member

Last shoutout before I post more on the soon to come results thread: Thanks to Reflex for being the first person to play friendlies with me. Congrats on going home with 700 bucks in your pocket, gg dude.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I really don't think it's fair for PM:BR members to enter tournaments when there has been no changelist released from 2.5 to 2.6.

seeing 3 (4?) PMBR members get top 3 (4?) puts a sour taste in my mouth

? because IDK if sethlon is one

D

Deleted member

Well, I lost to every single person in my pool, 2-0. But I still say it's fair lol. I also played Sethlon in Doubles, he owned me and Ali, but it was still cool to play him. I also played Reflex first when I went to LTC, I took a stock off of him, but obviously god tier player, 2-0 set. And I played Fly's DDD and got four stocked because once you get Falcon off the edge, it's basically a stock whether or not you make it back or have like 10 percent.

I had tons of good players in my pool, I basically played all the professionals (expect Strongbad). I almost beat one guy in my pools, (His tag was AEGIS and he played Mario against me.) I got him down to one stock each match, but he got me 2-0.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
We have been actively answering questions since release hour 1 and addressing misconceptions, at least. In the meantime we are compiling the list and fixing up bugs as they're reported.

Being in the BR will always confer some degree of competitive advantage, unfortunately. Luckily this had not been a significant issue in the past but we will discuss this more internally as we move forward.

Grandis

Smash Rookie
LTC was fun, thanks Darkgun and Tripp for telling me about this XD
We're going to have to attend more tournies so we can get some good practice in. On that note, I'm off to practice more with Wolf.

Grandis

Smash Rookie
I really don't think it's fair for PM:BR members to enter tournaments when there has been no changelist released from 2.5 to 2.6.

I don't think Sethlon is one? But as far as them entering, as long as there isn't any cheating going on they might as well. I mean sure they are really good, but they also have been playing for a lot longer than most of us right? With time comes experience, with experience mastery. Or some zen crap I dunno. Off I go!

D

Deleted member

I could have played better against you Grand, sorry. It was the end of the day and I was pretty tired lol

Oro?!

Smash Hero

I would quit pmbr if it meant I couldn't enter things. being decent was the only reason I was accepted in the first place.

also sorry Chi, I don't really like johns but running on no real sleep for 2 days kinda hinders you.

Oracle

Smash Master

PROJECT M BUFF ROOM THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL #LOW TIERS

I was pretty happy with how this turned out, 2nd biggest pm event of all time as well as biggest pm solo tournament ever is a pretty cool thing to have organized. Sucks that texas got exposed but not much you can do when you play fair characters
On the real though, the bracket was insanely lucky for OOS players (reflex didn't have to play sethlon, dakpo got beaten only by texas, I played like gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaage), and plus I fed all the pmbr members kickass breakfast that propelled them to victory. But no johns, we're gonna redeem ourselves at low tier city 2!

Sorry to everyone who got excited for mario party and crews, sucks that we didn't get enough time/entrants, that was my fault. This tournament was a blast and other than those issues was a huge success. Shoutouts to all of the OOS people who made it out, as well as to texas for making such a big showing (64 entrants craaaazy). Results thread tomorrow

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I accept Oro's johns because I know I was definitely tired at the end of tourney and I DID have good sleep. I can't imagine playing that day without decent sleep.

Also for character rep, I'd only list Marth and Falcon for me. Mario was literally only 1 game and I lost, Fox was only 1 game in Singles (but a ton for Doubles if you're counting that). I need to do some character soul searching because I feel like I'm gonna be Marth/Fox only some day and that sounds real lame.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
gg, oos'rs for exposing us! a little sad that i lost 200 dollars, but i put it up knowing the risk and the goal of getting some amazing sets going on worked! (albeit, a little too well...)

ferreals, when you guys are playing sets against us, you're the enemy, but any other time, we're all friends. this was a fun as hell weekend, see you all in the results thread.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
also, special thanks to CORY for offering me a ride home and for playing friendlies with me. It made me feel good playing you, and I like playing your Ganon a lot.
np, man. didn't want you guys having to sit around downtown grapevine for who knows how long : ( glad you and your brother had a good time at the tourney! if you can, try to make smashfests that're closer to you! it's still good practice and you won't be out money for it! or see if you can get wifi matches to work!
bonus was kinda dumb instead of just putting pot bonus period. o well gj reflex
and what? the bonus was just "not sethlon winning". that was it. and, actually, had sethlon won, i would've given him 100 for that. he would've earned the hell out of it. regardless, the tx vs world sets were all super tense and very good, so mission accomplished, we advanced the meta and got some good information for it. i'm out 200 bucks, whatevs, i don't get magic cards for a few months : p

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Awesome tournament! I had an amazing time. You guys were chill and it was cool to get to play a lot of different players. GGs everybody.

I never did get my cookie for the Ocho I had in doubles. I guess I'll have to come back and claim my prize at some point.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Despite massive underperformance I have a bunch of shoutouts to give when the results thread get put up.Super fun tourney Rob and thanks for helping out this weekend and turning your apartment into the Pmbr suite.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
fun times were had by all, special thanks to all those working on PM that came, just make sure to remove or buff luigi's running attack next version :p

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament! I had an amazing time. You guys were chill and it was cool to get to play a lot of different players. GGs everybody.
This sums up how I feel pretty well. This was an amazing experience for my first time going to a tourey out of state and I appreciate everyone who helped make it happen. Big thanks to Infinity for housing us, and Oracle/Sergio for picking us up and dropping us off at the airport

Although I had hoped I would have preformed a little better, I am mostly just glad that I got this opportunity to meet so many great smashers in person and gain experience. I would certainly leap at my next opportunity to come see you all in Texas again, and I look forward to seeing those of you who will be going to Nerd Rage next month. Thanks for the matches and GGs to everyone I got a chance to play, and if we didn't play then hopefully we will get that chance again soon.

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
I just gotta say that this was pretty awesome... I really didn't play well at all and I've learned a lot about my play style at this tourney and see a lot of areas that I've been have baked practicing at and trying to patch job instead of pushing harder... I really got to say thank you to all the guys who I got to play in friendlies and definitely in my pool... ouch btw on my pool that one was a tough one... though admittedly i did as well as i expected in general... It was amazing seeing all these awesome players in one room and I can't wait to give another try at this... but i gotta make some pretty big changes in my game play... Its time to go back to the drawing board and practice, practice and practice more... and a big shout out to Sethlon for being one classy mother ****** and really helpful, and to DG... Seriously bro we REALLY need to practice Team play before we sign up for that one haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom