• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low DJC fair is now even better for getting grabs.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Since the first two hits of fair do more damage, and therefore slightly higher knockback, it has become even easier to set up a grab. Before, with the lower knockback, you could often land too far in front of your opponent after the fair since it didn't send them far enough. This was rather common against heavier characters at low %'s. Now it seems to pop them up more.

If somebody doesn't understand what I'm trying to explain, I'm talking about doing a DJC fair so close to the ground that only the first two hits connect before you land.

Of course, being crouch cancelled throws a wrench into the whole thing, but we'll just ignore that for now, riiiight? :yeahboi:

Luk101

Smash Cadet
The only problem is that it's still very susceptible to cc unfortunately. Still an improvement from 3.5 though.

DHD

Smash Cadet
Should be able to get throw or up tilt on some characters and depending on DI.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
What kind of follow ups can you recommend off of the DJC first two hits of Fair? a throw set up?
The best you can get is a grab. If you want to take a chance, you can maybe go for any of your tilts, but in most situations, you're better off with the grab. I sometimes go for a DJC nair after a low fair though.

Luk101

Smash Cadet
Actually d tilt can be a very good follow up after djc fair. If they don't try to cc it, then on most characters (except for luigi ugh) it will pop them up and set them up for a grab anyways. Or if you can't fit in a grab, f tilt them and this will at least knock them far enough away to reset neutral, if not set them into an edgeguard situation or even straight out kill them. If they do cc then go marioparty on that **** and keep mashing A until they stop ccing. Depending on the speed and range of the opponent's d tilt, they might hit you still (marth ganon) , but against a good amount of characters, it's just too fast and if they don't sdi out they'll eat a minimum of 20% before they give up. I literally got 41 percent against a stubborn ccing roy the other day lol. Plus if the opponent shields your djc fair, and they're slow to shield grab you for some reason or have a tether grab, then d tilt their shield until they act out of it or roll away. D tilt is one of ness's safest moves on hit, on block, or in neutral and often you can just retreat after doing several.

Last edited:
Top Bottom