• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love's Last Stand Results!

Framerate

Smash Lord
Once again thanks to everyone for coming, and a very special thanks to Keister for doing my job for me. Keister, we're not letting you run any more tournaments, we don't want to break you :p

Here are some pictures!

And now to the results!

Singles:

1 AlphaZealot
: $147.00
2 Kel
: $73.50
3 YbM
: $24.50
4 Quivo

5 Overswarm

5 Nope

7 General Sangster

7 Xisin

9 Beegs

9 Mister Eric

9 Smash64

9 Infern Angelis

13 Framerate

13 Paranormal Sin

13 Cake

13 Dr. X

17 Jokey

17 T-800

17 Lou

17 nicalobe

17 Sillouete

17 Ithrowthings

17 King Yoshi

17 Fonz

25 Zach (Forfeited)
25 Glov

25 Keist

25 Shadowbot

25 CPU

25 Mr. J

25 McFly

25 BBoy

Doubles:

1 Overswarm Quivo : $108.00
2 AlphaZealot Kel : $54.00
3 YBM DrX : $18.00
4 Infern Smash64
5 Mr. Eric + Xisin
5 Itt T-800
7 Nope Lou
7 Beegs Glov
9 Cake Fonz
9 Lazr Shadowbot
9 Xtacy BBoy
9 Frame Jokey
13 McFly TheKiest
13 Zach Jordan
13 Virt ScDie
13 KingYoshi CPU
17 Kregs Big B
17 Zach Mr. J

Videos eventually.

Hence

Smash Ace
Good **** repping Jigglypuff.
If our ride actually doesn't cancel on us, next time I'd like to play Jiggly Dittos. XD

WTF @ Ike almost making it in top 8.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Lol thanks! I did a ton of Jigglydittos yesterday. You should be scared :D

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Woot, 13 is a good start imo :)
Good games all around, next time pops, i will not do so many stupid mistakes on mansion xD

Edit: sorry bloshi that it had to end with revenge but i was not ever going to go back there after pools

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
9 Infern Angoles
U got my name wrong :(

Good **** repping Jigglypuff.

WTF @ Ike almost making it in top 8.
I ****ed up on a match or else I would have placed higher lol And also I beat Nope(5th place) in a money match Ike vs his Snake. So yeah im pretty sure I would have place higher, GOD KAIS!!!

Also, Cincinnati ***** in pools lol all 6 of us got 1st seed

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
It's nicalobe or NR20, not Nick20 >_<

Edit: Hey, all in good fun Para. Just watch your back now that I know Olimar makes Yoshi :cry: in the grab department...

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Shoutouts?

Glov-Nice wolf, that last match was to close to call, my heart was pumping throught it all, good stuff
King Yoshi- Why dont u main yoshi? lol jk good stuff in the matches, that DDD of urs is good, just need to practice that chaingrab some more.
Ithrowthing-Great money match, I wanted to go Ike but didnt wanna risk paying 3 dollars for the energy drink lol next time we gotta do Ike vs Sonic
FrameRate- Nice jiggly, loved our 25 cent money match lol good **** though best jiggly i have ever played
MisterEric- Beepo beepo Taco Johns beepo lol always greatseeing u man, ur too much fun, too bad we live so far or else we would hang out alot for sure. Good stuff in brackets, no johns from me. Ill get u next time though so beware, GOD KAIS!!!
Xisin- Calm the **** down! lol jk good **** in brackets, and even better in the crew battle, I still cant believe u took 8 stocks from springfield lol talk about **** lol great seeing man and hopefully we will see u guys this coming weeked
Nope- Great Snake, im sure urs is one of the best, but wtf losing to Ike lol U need to learn that matchup better, then u will be ****** me in no time lol
Quivo- U suck lol jk great seeing u man, good **** taking out Overswarm. And try feel honored about losing to a God Kai lol
AZ- Damm ur bananas, ill cp better next time, the first match was close, then rapage on the next one lol But glad to have lost to the guy who won the tournament, good stuff
Pops- Good **** winning the Captain Falcon tournament, and great money match, those matches were too close lol best CF hands down
Crash-Almost forgot u, what can I say man its great seeing u everytime. I can see ur luigi is improving, the day will come when u will beat me with him, I know it. Keep up the good work and ill be seeing u soon.
Lou- Great money match, I thought u had me the first match with Game&Watch, then one forward smash changed the whole game lol looking forward to playing next time man

To everyone I played in pools- Great matches

To Cincinnati- Hope u guys have calmed down from the rapage we did yesterday, GOD KAIS!!!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
OMG, how refreshing to go to an extremely well organized tournament after the shame that was and always shall be known as CoT4. More than enough setups and so many matches being recorded. Good **** OUGA.

Shoutouts:

Anyone who bought an energy drink - Thank you SO much, I just lost my job so money is real tight right now and the energy drink sales made this tourney cost a lot less for me.

Beegs - WTF is it with you? Doubles and friendlies I can go at least even with you but as soon as there's a couple bucks in front of us I get owned! What gives? Thx for driving the van even though you had no matchup experience against larger vehicles. CYA at Kyoshi's.... Also rematch...

Woo crew - thx for driving, it's so much nicer not always being the driver. next time we gotta get an epic van friendlies set up goin. We also got get better for crews

Nope - INTENSE! we finally got to fight each other after this many tournies. Our MM was so freaking epic. can't wait to watch those matches.... so epic.

Cake - GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I wanted another shot at Xisin... our matches did teach me something I should have learned against Jokey... WATCH THE FREAKING TIMER your Diddy almost beat me as hard as AZ's diddy. which brings me to...

AZ - Finally got to play you as well. I'm so glad I didn't get destroyed by you as hard as I anticipated. We gotta play some more because I think I fight diddies in tournies less often than you fight Sonics in tournies.

Jokey - Why do our sets ALWAYS turn out the same. 3rd game, usually last stock, u always win. Good **** in OS's ROB ditto.

OS - I did worse in MM's this time?!?! Whatev. I'm still stickin with Sonic no matter what you and Kel say. I might pick up a secondary eventually but I still see soooo much more unlocked potential for my character. My main argument for staying Sonic is that I doubt that I as a player would be much better even if I switched characters. I still have a lot of improving to do at the controller before anything else

Kel - Good MM's you should come back to the sonic side every so often. We have side taunts and cookies. You told me to prove you wrong in saying your Marth was the best in the midwest. I got destroyed by Beegs and Xisin's Marths way harder than yours. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, I'm just sayin... Good **** in our MM's and the tournament as well.

Pops - Nice new avatar LOL. I think our set in the bracket was kind of an upset. I personally thought I was gonna lose that set. GG's and gratz on winning the gold falcon

Infern - Pickin snake for our MM... super unexpected. I wanna fight your Ike outside of doubles sometime. Note to self against Infer, don't ban norfair as usual BAN CORNERIA!

Y.b.m - We finally got to fight each other outside of doubles. I definitely underestimated you (probably because of the wii-mote nun-chuck) I won't make that mistake in the future. Also LOL at absorbing sonic's homing attack. Good ****

Quivo - We gotta do some friendlies or MM sometime. Srsly

NO TACO JOHN'S!!!!!!!!

POPS_44

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts?

Beegs- Good **** winning the Captain Falcon tournament, and great money match, those matches were too close lol best CF hands down
That was me POPS, but yeah Im new to these boards and tournaments so get used to me and my Falcon!

Pops - Nice new avatar LOL. I think our set in the bracket was kind of an upset. I personally thought I was gonna lose that set. GG's and gratz on winning the gold falcon
I should of picked Mario or even CF, I didnt know you had so my experience Snake! Yeah, I'll be prepared next time...

Quivo - I'll get you next time 1-4

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You were all lucky that Plain City couldn't come >;|

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS - I did worse in MM's this time?!?! Whatev. I'm still stickin with Sonic no matter what you and Kel say. I might pick up a secondary eventually but I still see soooo much more unlocked potential for my character. My main argument for staying Sonic is that I doubt that I as a player would be much better even if I switched characters. I still have a lot of improving to do at the controller before anything else
Sonic is awful. I took 13% the first stock by simply d-tilting when you approached form the ground and up+bing when you attacked from the air. Get a different character. XD

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Sonic is awful. I took 13% the first stock by simply d-tilting when you approached form the ground and up+bing when you attacked from the air. Get a different character. XD
I'll admit that part of the awfulness is in my character but a lot of it is me as a player as well. Even if I had been playing MK or Snake or some other top tier this whole time and going to the same tournies I would probably place about the same as I've already been placing. As soon as I start going to tournies to do whatever it takes to make money it's no longer a game anymore, it's a job.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You might not believe me... but your placing will get higher when you switch from a crappy character to a good one. Really!

Framerate

Smash Lord
You might not believe me... but your placing will get higher when you switch from a crappy character to a good one. Really!
You switched from ROB to MK. Didn't you start placing lower?

YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ROBOT

Kel

Smash Master
actually, ithrowthings, I thought you were really smart for a sonic the first time I played you at test your might. I think if you used a better character, or if Sonic suddenly found a way to KO, you'd be a lot better and a much bigger threat.

also, to ithrowthings, those guys weren't using Marth in the grand finals :-P

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
no offense kel but i think i have a better marth than you >_> especially considering the only time you ever use him are in his good matchups... and even then AZ destroyed you on lylat. You may place better than i do, but then again i dont main mk.. and your mk is very good. If you want to MM then id be more than happy to do so, but you never spoke with me at LLS, not a word.

Ego aside, everything was cool at the tournament. The crew battle was super fun, and the commentary was even better!

- Nope, your a pretty cool dude, we should play more often and Springfeild should come to morehead on the 20th for sure.

- Cake, Stick with Diddy man! just because mk beats marth on paper doesnt mean he will, its all about who you're the best with imo. Always fun playing you though, and ggs.

- Kentucky people! - Thanks for the ride and the car pool, couldnt make it to the tournaments without you guys.

Thats all i got for now see ya guys at the next tournament.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You switched from ROB to MK. Didn't you start placing lower?

YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ROBOT
Higher, actually. I won in the beginning with ROB when I was hardcore practicing and really wanted to see if I could win... and then I did and real world responsibilities take precedence now, so I main MK and just waltz into a tournament and am a threat. Could not do this with ROB.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Tournament rocked.

Props:
Everybody who didn't play Meta-Knight. You rock and are my best friend.
Alpha Zealot for wrecking face and being really fun to watch.
Keist for running everything awesomely and wearing a frickin' tux.
Framerate for rocking the Jigglypuff.
ITT for playing sonic and continuing to give some of the closest matches I've ever played.

Slops:
Everybody who played Meta-Knight. You're a jerk and I hate you.
Framerate for not staying with Jigglypuff the whole way.
OS for being a jerk and using Meta-Knight when his ROB is way better than his MK.
Mister Eric for being colorblind when it comes to costumes.
Me for not playing for ~2 months before this and getting owned because of it.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Man, i got one person to talk to me, thanks bloshi xD

Also, next time i see u guys i want to play more matches, i know framerate and zazi and i had some matches but i would love more

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm more scared of R.O.B. than MK, lol.
Once you get him off the stage, hover at ledge level or below. Dair him if he goes beneath you, up+b him if possible. If he manages to grab the edge, you can easily hover and dair him; ROB has no attacks that can hit an MK while MK is doing this that don't either trade hits (u-air) or are too slow to work (nair).

ROB must recover high like Snake. Unlike Snake, ROB falls slowly. Jump up to meet him and u-air him. ROB has to nair to hit you, but since you see it coming you can fall and then jump up and u-air him again. If for some reason you mess up, wait and shield the nair, grab him, f-throw him.

GG ROB.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I know the match-up pretty well. I beat HolyNightmare in singles and teams and I consistently beat ChiboSempai.

I'm still more scared of them (especially HolyNightmare) than random MKs and even a lot of decent/good ones.

CPU-HiV

Smash Rookie
Good fun, plus spending over an hour Falcon dittoing Sil made my night haha.

Hopefully next time I'll do a little better, I was expecting more MKs and Marths but got taken out by Olimars.

Shoutouts-

P.Sin: Yea, definitely need Olimar practice, I had no clue what to do, more friendlies next time?

ITT: Your sonic was scary, no matter what people say keep playing him, it's refreshing to see someone trying hard to rep for Sonic.

Smash64: 10-0 in pools, you really repped for the God Kais, best Snake I've played yet.

Sil: I had no problem being taken out of the tourny by another G&W, rather him than MK. Keep working on Pikachu, I know I will be, and I owe you a MM next time. Knee+Taunt=Win.

K.Yosh: Sorry about teams, I went C.Falc and felt the urge to knee everything(including you)

Beegs: All your Marth practice helped me outta pools so I owe you one, but you also owe me some Falcon dittos sometime so be ready.

Cake: Diddy is a force I wasn't ready for, and you did a good job with him, I was glad to take at least one off you in pools. Good ****.

And to OUGA and anyone that helped run this, it was really organized and it was a great spot to host.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Fonz: Ganon is always my favorite match, I love testing new stuff on you and then you always managing to find a way out of it.:mad:

Cake: Ugh, Diddy... Next time I come to Springfield, gimme all the Diddy practice I can handle cuz I sure need it.

Xisin: Sick Marth, I couldn't find any way around anything you did... Nice matches.

Kel: Was I really the only other person to win a match off you? Sweet! That helps my self esteem a little bit. Now I just need to get past that **** tornado spam... :)

Sil: Fun friendlies, I can already tell I'm not going to like that Pika of yours.

AZ: I didn't get a match against you, and I can honestly say I don't want one. That Diddy is scary.

Pops(I think you're the Jiggly I friendly'd with): I WANT MORE JIGGLY FIGHTS!!! Haha, seriously, those were a lot of fun.

Frame: Nicely ran tourney, I highly enjoyed. Also, I'm still waiting for my name to be fixed.:chuckle:

Framerate

Smash Lord
Framerate for not staying with Jigglypuff the whole way.
I played Kirby for one set, just to make sure I got outta pools.

Succeed in pools = play more matches = play more Jigglypuff.

And it was only 2 matches T^T

Framerate

Smash Lord
Also, next time i see u guys i want to play more matches, i know framerate and zazi and i had some matches but i would love more
The friendlies we played were terrifying. I had read how bad Olimar destroys Jiggly, but now I got to see it in person. You rock! More friendlies next time. Don't be afraid to ask other people to friendly.

Pops(I think you're the Jiggly I friendly'd with): I WANT MORE JIGGLY FIGHTS!!! Haha, seriously, those were a lot of fun.

Frame: Nicely ran tourney, I highly enjoyed. Also, I'm still waiting for my name to be fixed.:chuckle:
Actually, that was me playing Jiggly. I kinda main the puff :laugh:

And Kiester was the one you should thank for the smooth tourney. That was all him. I just took the credit :urg:

So what do you want your name to be fixed to?

smash64

Smash Champion
AZ: man all your matches were awesome good stuff on winning the tourney.

Kel: you are always getting better man but you did way better this time becuase you had you girlfriend with you it was the power of love that kept you going.

Y.b.M: right now you are the leader of the GOD KAIS! since you been placing higher than us lately keep up the good work bro.

Quivo: nice seeing you again man next time bring your girlfriend so you will do as good as Kel and AZ lol

Overswarm: cant wait to play you again i learn something new every time i play you

Nope: never got play you but im sure we will when we do those crew battles

Xisin: this is the 2nd time you knock me out of the tournament lol your a beast with marth you are the best marth i played anywyas i hope i get to play you on the next tournament

Beegs: it was nice playing you in the tourney you have a good marth you should play xisin some time or maybe you did hehe

Mister Eric: beepo beepo i like the ROB dittos we did they were fun and it was fun going to the Taco John's lol

Smash64: you shouldn't had drank so much on your birthday then went to bed at like 4:00am and woke up at 6:30am to go to the tournement wth is wrong with you

Infern Angelis: GOD KAIS!!

Cake: sorry you had to get that hand cramp while when you were playing me anyways it was good playing you have an awesome diddy

Dr.X: dont worry dr.x to me you are the best pit in the MW

King Yoshi: it was nice playing you in the tourney when i heard your name i actually thought you played Yoshi lol gg's thoe

Shadowbot: awesome Ditto Ness Matches your Ness is really good you should have choosen him on the tourney .... i not the one to talk i didnt choose him either lol i only use him on pools

CPU: Nice MG&W im surprice you didnt use him on the tourney next time i would like to play your snake

Cr4sh: man those Luigi Ditto matches were so epic my pimp name luigi had fun xD ps. you you had enter the tournament

lou4222

Smash Lord
Shout outs............

First of all to OUGA. This was easily the best tourney that I have ever been to. I have only been to 3 or 4 but this was without a doubt the tournamnt with the best competition, nicest people and the most smoothly ran. Its always a blast playing against OUGAers and it was great to meet some more of you yesterday.

Nope- Congrats on the high placement. Before no time you'll get over that hump and place in a sinlges tourny.

Cake- Sweet sweet redemption. Ever since you beat me in Lancaster on Green Hill Zone I have wanted to play again in tourney. It was a great match and one of the closest matches I have ever played. Plus it was great to hang out all day. This summer will be great when im back in Springfield. We can both take our diddys to the next level.

AZ- Good stuff man. Im glad you won. Whenever I get frustrated with Diddy I know not to give up on him because your diddy is so nasty.

Kel- Im glad we finally got to play in this tourney. The second match we played on Pictochat was a lot of fun. I hope we can get some more matches in at the Midwest circuit event.

Infern- I was the random Springfield Game and Watch that had you until some unfortunate lost second jumps and vicious Ike forward smash. I have never gotten to play you, or any other Ikes until yesterday. It was unbelievably close and next time we are at the same tourney we have to do a re match. Yesterdays games were to fun not to.

Schwa, Mars, and Nest- Thanks for the ride guys. It was real fun to chill with you guys this past week. It always fun hanging out with team scrubtown

Q- Congrats on winning doubles and a good placement in singles. Its crazy what you can do with TL.

Xisin- You stomped my face in during our crew battle. Definitely one of the best Marths Ive ever played. I hope to play many more games with you in upcoming tourneys.

Crash- The friendlies were a blast. It was also fun to trade trash talk in the crew battle. PS Springfield demands a rematch.

Beegs- I was glad to be in your pool. I need all of the Marth practice I can get. You definitely play a good one. Hopefully we can play some more games at upcoming tourneys.

GGs everyone.

Top Bottom