• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordy's Monthly v8 Results - Grand Rapids, MI (4/13/13)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Apex 2013 Ruleset

Project Melee Doubles - $10 per team - 70/30

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: L_Cancel + SuperTH ($35.00) :bowser2: +:sonic:
2: Shady + James ($15.00) :ivysaur: + :squirtle:
3: Tech_Chase + Jawsome ($0.00) :sheik: + :ganondorf:
4: Robjoe + Flan :charizard: + :snake:
5: ,.., + root :sheik: + :sheik:

Project Melee Singles - $5 - 60/30/10

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: Shady ($42.00) :ivysaur:
2: SuperTH ($21.00) :sonic:
3: ,.., ($7.00) :sheik:
4: L_Cancel :bowser2:
5: Tech_Chase :sheik:
5: James :squirtle:
7: Lordy :falcon:
7: Flan :snake:
9: Jawsome :ganondorf:/:link2:
9: root :sheik:
9: ColdCutCombo :link2:
9: Robjoe :charizard:
13: TBird :falcon:
13: Legit :dedede:

Brawl Doubles - $10 per team - 100/0

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: Legit + L_Cancel ($40.00) :gw: + :olimar:
2: Lordy + Tech_Chase :metaknight: + :wario:/:dedede:
3: TBird + DRDN :snake: + :diddy:/:kirby2:
4: CockSock + Jawsome :zerosuitsamus: + :pikachu2:

Brawl Singles - $5 - 60/30/10

[collapse=Bracket]

[/collapse]

1: L_Cancel ($24.00) :olimar:
2: Lordy ($12.00) :metaknight:
3: Tech_Chase ($4.00) :dedede:
4: TBird :snake:
5: Legit :gw:
5: Jawsome :pikachu2:
7: CockSock :zerosuitsamus:
7: DRDN :diddy:

Arcalyth

GLS | root
1: Shady ($42.00) :ivysaur:- thanks for coming and bodying super :p
2: SuperTH ($21.00) :sonic: - thanks for actually playing friendlies with me this time
3: ,.., ($7.00) :sheik: - grats on 3rd sorry about doubles >_<
4: L_Cancel :bowser2: - I wanted to MM you before you left, we'll have to play next time :)
5: Tech_Chase :sheik: - I wanted to MM you before you passed out... glad to have actually talked to you this time, you're a really chill person
5: James :squirtle: - don't know you but thanks for coming out
7: Lordy :falcon:- thanks for another successful event! I had a lot of fun.
7: Flan :snake:- glad to see you again, I missed you.
9: Jawsome :ganondorf:/:link2:- definitely brought the hype last night, good MMs :)
9: root :sheik: - i'm really bad at this game and should give up on life
9: ColdCutCombo :link2:- thanks for coming out again, we'll play soon
9: Robjoe :charizard:- good MM let's do it again sometime :)
13: TBird :falcon:- you're a cool guy
13: Legit :dedede:- Project: Legit

also shoutouts to DRDN/W.C.N/TMK for being cool as hell

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
GGs to everyone I played. Thanks again for havin us Lordy. And I'm not sure who did the recording but can you post the vids of me and super for WFs and GFs?

JTsm

Smash Master
NO JOHNS MAN.

Who's this Flan guy? I enjoy seeing someone using Snake in P:M.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Fun tourney full shout outs later

But shout outs to dk ditto mm's

lordhelmet

Smash Master
On indefinite hiatus.

Have to vacate the location on 5/15, hopelessly busy from here until then.

I will return with a new tournament series in the future.
It's been awesome and this last tournament was insanely enjoyable. Thank you to all who came up despite the short notice.
Full Shoutous:
1: Shady ($42.00) :ivysaur: Thanks for coming out, we will have to play some PM together whenever a next time is.
2: SuperTH ($21.00) :sonic: C'mon, step it up!
3: ,.., ($7.00) :sheik: Nice placing! It won't last :yeahboi:
4: L_Cancel :bowser2: Climbing back up the ranks ;) good ****. I'm coming for you.
5: Tech_Chase :sheik: Scrub
5: James :squirtle: Thanks for coming out, we will have to play some PM together whenever a next time is.
7: Lordy :falcon: Losin' to scrubs like Tech and Super
7: Flan :snake: That Snake looks sexy. We will have to play soon.
9: Jawsome :ganondorf:/:link2: 9th? Let's see more top 3.
9: root :sheik: 9th? Let's see more top 3.
9: ColdCutCombo :link2: It was cool seeing you again, keep workin' on those cold cut combos.
9: Robjoe :charizard: MM me
13: TBird :falcon: MM me
13: Legit :dedede: MM me

1: L_Cancel ($24.00) :olimar: It's been awesome seeing you at every one of these. Mad respect for staying on top and being around to bring everybody up with you. Watch your back because I'm aiming for your head in both games now.
2: Lordy ($12.00) :metaknight: Didn't get the chance to lose to fZk.
3: Tech_Chase ($4.00) :dedede: That :gw:. It's been awesome hanging out with you at these. Move up to GR and we'll find time to smoke down and play Smash.
4: TBird :snake: That consistent Snake. You've put in so much work, I've been really impressed by your motivation to climb the skill ladder. Let's see you take me out of bracket (just kidding I will never allow that to happen).
5: Legit :gw: Lose to TBird more. You will hold Lordy Co-Host title for life (if that's worth anything). The true hero of Muskegon needs to start seeing that top 3.
5: Jawsome :pikachu2: Keep practicing, don't need humans to practice. Look at Zero.
7: CockSock :zerosuitsamus: Thnx for coming up again. Get Adam over here for once.
7: DRDN :diddy: You left your laptop charger here. Remind me to tell Tom to grab it before Outrage II, if that's possible, I don't know. On the bright side, thank you for coming up to so many of my events. Always makes the party the real deal.

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
1: Shady ($42.00) :ivysaur:- BALLING OUT OF CONTROL. This guy, coming out of nowhere and just ****s all over everyone, NBD. But seriously, good games, your fox and ivy are ridiculous. You should try out wolf since a lot of fox mains from melee seem to like him more than PM fox. Also, thanks for proving that West MI is as free as ever. Also also, need to play more against you so I can prove that I'm not as god awful as it seems
2: SuperTH ($21.00) :sonic: - Yo, I need to stop bein' a lil ***** and just MM you. GG's, next time I'll try to give you some better games
3: ,.., ($7.00) :sheik: - Hey look, it's meeeeee. I feel like playing a different character, but sheik is fun and easy to play. Guess I'll probably just stick with her and try to figure out some more stuff.
4: L_Cancel :bowser2: - WOO, YOU GOT TO PLAY METAL CAVERN! :D :D MM was pretty damn close too, your bowser has gotten a lot better. Next time we should bowser ditto to see if we can learn any tricks from each other
5: Tech_Chase :sheik: - Played a lot of friendlies but didn't get to MM you. Wanted to play some sheik dittos since root loves (read: hates) to play them with me.
5: James :squirtle: - Man, I feel like you got robbed during our match in bracket, especially since your squirtle is damn good (never even knew you could edgeguard with dsmash like that since no one plays him here >.>). Next time we should play some friendlies
7: Lordy :falcon:- Best TO everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Falcon dittos too good, plus your falcon has improved a lot since lake effect. Knee till shieldbreak is gonna be the new CF meta, calling it now.
7: Flan :snake:- Holy. ****. REALLY wish our matches were recorded. The f-air gimps on YS and the triple f-air, all in one match. Jesus man, gotta calm down with that. Keep playing snake though, I think he's pretty damn good and fun to play against since his playstyle is so different from any other character's.
9: Jawsome :ganondorf:/:link2:- DK HYPE. Didn't get to DK ditto you in 64/melee/brawl/PM, next time we do it in every game, in order, then reverse order, then in random order.
9: root :sheik: - Don't worry about doubles, I just like playing the game. $5 isn't really that much, I just think it is since I'm poor as ****. Plus, I played like ass too. Needs less bracket from you and more MM, just MM everyone and go home with more winnings than first place, NP. Oh, and we should play your favorite match some more (sheik dittos)
9: ColdCutCombo :link2:- Lot of fun playing friendlies with you, glad you came out.
9: Robjoe :charizard:- Didn't get to play you this time, next time I'll remember to not let that happen and just ask you to play some friendlies.
13: TBird :falcon:- Probably should have played more falcon dittos, I don't think 3 or so hours was enough.
13: Legit :dedede:- Uh, I'm running out of **** to say and I didn't play against you, but did talk to you after brackets. Glad you played PM.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Lordy I also forgot my phone charger I left last time lol

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
1: Shady ($42.00) - GGs. Playing you was a lesson in realizing and remembering the mechanics of Melee. I'll be gunning for you next time, I only hope you can make it out.
2: SuperTH ($21.00) - Stop trying to Brawl your way out of a bad situation, scrub.
3: ,.., ($7.00) - Yooo this man can be too legit. I wish I had watched more of your matches, and not nearly fell asleep watching the set between you and L. =P
4: L_Cancel - That Bowser is getting better. Remember at v7 when I said more Forward Air? I'm so glad you use more Fair now. Those Mario/Bowser matches were fun.
5: Tech_Chase - Sheik is your girl, I know, but she's been sleeping around on you.
5: James - Dat Squirtle. Really interesting fight, and it was a pleasure seeing some actual Squirtle action. Some of those combos where you drag your opponents across the stage are amazing.
7: Lordy - What kind of man loses to Scrubs.
7: Flan - Snake. Snake! Snaaaah-key.
9: Jawsome - Always bringing people to Rumble Falls with Link, without fail. Don't ever change, Jawsome.
9: root - Expecting a bit more from you now. Make every bracket match a MM and you'll cheat the system into Grand Finals.
9: ColdCutCombo - Had some good friendlies. Good seeing you make these.
9: Robjoe - I expected you in Grand Finals. Start playing like you do in friendlies, 'cause this pressure is destroying you.
13: TBird - The Thunderbird! Good seeing you again, man. Always a pleasure playing you.
13: Legit - Team with Lordy next time. I wanna see those ZSS/Falcon combos.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
GGs to everyone I played. Thanks again for havin us Lordy. And I'm not sure who did the recording but can you post the vids of me and super for WFs and GFs?
I have the videos, however, I am very busy with school. I'll upload them and post here when I am less busy.

Priorities, I have them.

JTsm

Smash Master
Tom, I don't know what Anime that's from, but your signature is mad cute.

:denzel:

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Tom, I don't know what Anime that's from, but your signature is mad cute.

:denzel:

My signature is the cutest anime character ever Kirino Kousaka.

Kirino is from an anime called Oreimo which is short for Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute).

Oreimo just started its second season and if you like SoL anime I would definitely suggest watching it.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I got word from Tech_Chase that he was so drunk that he actually played Smash.

Also, his drunk G&W took a game off of L.

Top Bottom