• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordy's Captain Falcon Metagame Guide

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
PZ did you just type "spelled" after "did"? Double past tense? Tsk tsk... :p
It's "did you just spell" btw

lordhelmet, link to that guide?

PZ

Smash Lord
PZ did you just type "spelled" after "did"? Double past tense? Tsk tsk... :p
It's "did you just spell" btw

lordhelmet, link to that guide?
Idk man but im seriously not liking you grammar(thats right I spelled it right isn't that tight?) police.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Darky, don't you know CaptainFalcon9000? :p When he says something like that, he means it.

Apparently you've never gimped anyone with knee.
Gimped knee + Uair ftw

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Darky, don't you know CaptainFalcon9000? :p When he says something like that, he means it.

Gimped knee + Uair ftw
GOD F*CKING DAMMIT!! I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THAT!!!!! at final destination or other flat stages i do that:

*takes oponent offstage**taunts while they are fliying**jumps towards them when triying to recover to use the knee**if sweetspoted use secnd jump to land in the stage and taunts**if not sweetspoted quickly uses falcon´s second jump+uair for the kill**uses falcon´s amasing airspeed to get near the edge and recovers*taunts*

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Anyone have any new videos against Snake? I know there were some mlorenzo ones I think. Can't find any.

The only ones I have are old ****ty wifi videos of myself in this.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
Dang. I looked Lordy, but I couldn't find any :/. We do need more vids against him. When my friend comes back to Atlanta for the holidays, he plays a mean snake and I'll try to get a vid. -\( o.O")/-

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was gonna get some matches in at Gold Mine 3 this weekend, but my car overheated on the way to Atlanta, so I spent the entire day getting it back home. :(

I'll give this a good read sometime and see what I can learn or comment on.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
This is more guided for mid-level players, I can't guarantee you'd learn anything from it.

If you find anything to comment on, please do.

Edit:

If anyone can think of something to do with the "Stage Specific" lemme know. It's pretty much ******** right now.

Pktck

Smash Apprentice
There was a tournament at Altanta?! And you were going to be there Reflex? ****. I've gotta check these things more often.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
*looks at Reflex's avatar/mains*

Does this mean you've dropped PT for Falcon Reflex? Either way, you're still the best that ever was for PT. Plus you've added serious man points not like you need anymore in your account) for picking the manliest character in the game.

On topic = How good is N-Air > Up-Air > Knee? Isn't it just the sweetest thing ever?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
There was a tournament at Altanta?! And you were going to be there Reflex? ****. I've gotta check these things more often.
There are often tournaments in the Atlanta area, though most are a little north of it. For example, there's one at UGA next Saturday (Bulldog Brawl), and there's one at an anime convention on October one (Anime Weekend Atlanta), the latter being one that I'm helping with seeding, rules, and such. You should see about stopping by.

*looks at Reflex's avatar/mains*

Does this mean you've dropped PT for Falcon Reflex? Either way, you're still the best that ever was for PT. Plus you've added serious man points not like you need anymore in your account) for picking the manliest character in the game.

On topic = How good is N-Air > Up-Air > Knee? Isn't it just the sweetest thing ever?
I haven't dropped PT, but I have been using Falcon more often than him lately. They're both serious secondaries currently, but I can't say much right now, since I need an English copy of Brawl again to be able to practice at home (hopefully that will be fixed in a couple of days).

Does N-Air -> U-Air combo? If so, I imagine the end of that would be very percent-and-DI-dependent, as F-Air is only going to hit if they panic and airdodge into the ground while they're close to you after the U-Air. It requires a lot of things to work in your favor when they don't actually have to, so I doubt that it is at all reliable.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Does N-Air -> U-Air combo? If so, I imagine the end of that would be very percent-and-DI-dependent, as F-Air is only going to hit if they panic and airdodge into the ground while they're close to you after the U-Air. It requires a lot of things to work in your favor when they don't actually have to, so I doubt that it is at all reliable.
Well it mainly only works on CPUs, though i have had it work when I've been knocking someone offstage with N-air, then I land, and run off with an Up-air, then F-air.

Probably should have mentioned that I land in between hits.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
There are often tournaments in the Atlanta area, though most are a little north of it. For example, there's one at UGA next Saturday (Bulldog Brawl), and there's one at an anime convention on October one (Anime Weekend Atlanta), the latter being one that I'm helping with seeding, rules, and such. You should see about stopping by.

I haven't dropped PT, but I have been using Falcon more often than him lately. They're both serious secondaries currently, but I can't say much right now, since I need an English copy of Brawl again to be able to practice at home (hopefully that will be fixed in a couple of days).

From what I remember n-air > u-air only works on people like Jiggz and samus, maybe other floaties.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Yeah Iono why i said that lol.What weight tier is Link ? Cuz wouldnt that mean itd work for a ton of heavies ( perhaps fast fallers too). I kinda want to pick up Falcon.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
He's tied with falcon in weight iirc, and we're like on the heavy end of the middle. It gets kind of complicated because of fast fall speed. I need to go make sure it works on jiggz, I've forgot about most of this stuff.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Not sure if anyone has nooticed this mindgame/technique but, when you're going after your enemy offstage and you try attacking with the Knee, if you miss the first one and don't sweetspot it, you can use your 2nd jump and it will connect most of the time since they will most likely try to get back towards the stage. My friend found this out and it works on a lot of people, I even returned the combo to him today when having some Falcon dittos.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Explaining things has never been my strongsuit. Let me try a simplier way.

Non-sweetspoted Knee > Knee of Justice.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah, works with Uair too in a more reliable way. It's things that have been done since 08 I think, but were never really taken seriously.

Top Bottom