• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lordy's Captain Falcon Metagame Guide

Player-3

Smash Hero
reflex can break out of grabs at 120% as squirtle before i can pummel him twice with marth

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
easily the best falcon thread, you rock lordhelmet.

oh man just 1 error in your guide, the falcon in this game is rick wheeler, not jay falcon, he gave his life to save the whole universe in the f zero gp legend game for gba (is a game bassed in the anime) and we all now what hapenned in the anime........

falcon: only the person who exceed falcon can become falcon, RICK WHEELER YOU´RE CAPTAIN FALCON FROM NOW ON!!

rick: O_O

black shadow: WATASHI WA SHINEN SHINENZUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

falcon: FAAAAALCOOOOOOOOON PUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!! *PRRRAAASHHH*

rick: kyaputen farukon!!!

black shadow: BBBBLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

*universe explosion happens but a new universe is born at same time*

had never guessed wy the new captain falcon has deals such low damage and has bad priority? because he is not the godly douglas jay falcon :( and you´re right about uair, it can **** if used correctly.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
^ Not going to bother replying.

Just to clear this up - Falcon actually has pretty good DPS. I'd link the thread because Falcon was pretty high up on the list but I can't seem to find it.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Damage per Second. Those kind of terms can be found in more general boards (not character sub-boards).

And also, it has been proven that this Captain Falcon is effectively NOT Rick Wheeler. Hacks that made his helmet transparent and allow us to see his face = identity revealed.

I guess he's just wearing Rick's scarf as a shout-out to the anime.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Almost the worst character in brawl? He's low tier, but soooo not the worst character in brawl. You don't even have to check the tier list to confirm that: doesn't it feel MANLY to play as Captain Falcon?

Then OF COURSE it's not one of the worst chars in the game :D

Azure Flames

Smash Rookie
Oh wow. I'm sorry. I got this name from a game called .hack//G.U. Trilogy. My brother was a big fan of it and he used to play it a lot and I would watch.

I can change it to something else if it bothers you.

CaptainFalcon9000

Smash Ace
Almost the worst character in brawl? He's low tier, but soooo not the worst character in brawl. You don't even have to check the tier list to confirm that: doesn't it feel MANLY to play as Captain Falcon?

Then OF COURSE it's not one of the worst chars in the game :D
he IS the manliest character, is just that for some STUPID reason it took me wait too much focus and efforts to beat a good snake or pikachu player, you know:

me: *uses falcon kick to get closer to snake*
snake: f tilt
me: get closer by raptoor boost
snake: f tilt
gets closer by dashing and short hoping with air dodge.
snake: fails f tilt*
me: tries to attack
snake: sidestep and f tilt*
me: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :fuuu:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Oh wow. I'm sorry. I got this name from a game called .hack//G.U. Trilogy. My brother was a big fan of it and he used to play it a lot and I would watch.

I can change it to something else if it bothers you.
No, that's okay, I rarely use that name anymore. That's where I got the idea for the name anyway; The Azure Flame Knights. I've had a few people use that name after I did though and it gets extremely annoying having people mistake me for them.

EDIT: Actually, looking at your profile, you're obviously copying off of me from numerous places-- and I have an idea of who you might be. What a shame my moderator powers are gone. I can't thoroughly check it.

Interests
Writing, gaming.
Biography
Flaming Nipples.

And my name? Man, I have a lot of fans.

Second Edit: Okay, it's Faden/Dark Raptor.
*waves byebye to the alt*

I told you to stop using my names once before.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
No idea. This is the second time he's taken one of my nicknames and tried to make it his own. I could understand if he was trying to troll or something, but what he's been doing is just annoying. He even copied the style for my youtube username for his own account. lolol.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
It's strange he didn't use one of your old avatars then, if he was pretending to be you. Strange.

And then he gave us those kickass Falcon replays. I'm confused. What should I think of the guy? MY LIFE DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Faden wasn't all that bad of a Falcon imo. He made a lot of mistakes and people liked to jump on them every chance they got though. lolol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So, I finally found how to do the ultra rapid jab after the gentleman.
Turns out you have to jab cancel with forward instead of down so the input looks like :
A, A, hold forward slightly then let go, A, A.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Are you referring to the same form of jab that occurs if someone lands on top of Falcon while he's jabbing? Where it automatically cancels the jab after the second hit and resets repeatedly until they DI out of it? If you've found out how to manually do that at a speed of that calibur, I want videos.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
@Darky : no, not this one. I actually had never heard of it before.

@Lodry : wel it's still a good mixup to rack up extra damage, but yeah there's a lot of time between the jab2 and jab3.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If you hold the jab button in, Falcon will repeated use the first punch of his jab until it connects with something, then it will go to the second punch. Well, if someone is airborne and lands ontop of Falcon while he's doing the rapid {jab1} punch, he will do a super quick 1-2-1-2-1-2 punch without you even needing to let go of the attack button. It'll continue until they're knocked far enough away that the punch won't connect anymore, then it stops. It's possible to tilt out of it for a frametrap.

It's a rare situation though since most characters are attacking when they land on top of Falcon while he's jabbing-- which pretty much means he gets out-prioritized.

Forever Forgotten

Smash Rookie
I just love how he organizes everything in a way so that [for the most part] you don't have to keep scrolling to find something you want

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Wow, has it been like 2 years ? Nice to see you again.

Anyhow I don't know about stage discussion, but I feel like a place for people to gather their random stage knowledge would be better. Like a stage compendium or something.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Yeah... it's been a while.
College was slow for me because no one I went to school with could touch me, and I mean, I'm not that good, it's just everyone around me was terrible.

A stage compendium thingie sounds grand. I'm surprised nothing is stickied already.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Stage compendium as in list of good/bad falcon stages, and what's good/bad in them?

I'm up for it too.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah kinda like that, but not too focused on the good/bad thing.
More like everything you ever wanted to know about xx stage, and occasionnally say if it's fine or if it sucks.

And TB the falcon boards go active every once in a while (last time it was with the BR thing) you just have to be there at the good moment.

PZ

Smash Lord
Yeah... it's been a while.
College was slow for me because no one I went to school with could touch me, and I mean, I'm not that good, it's just everyone around me was terrible.

A stage compendium thingie sounds grand. I'm surprised nothing is stickied already.
Did you just spelled thingy with i and e at the end...? Im sorry but iv'e just lost respect for ya:glare:

Top Bottom