Looking like confusion got nerfed a little in the air

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I noticed the same, but Sakurai did say he wasn’t don’t balancing yet so who knows how it’ll be in the final build.

NNID
ZeroGaia
Switch FC
SW 0459 9474 2696
Remember, snake DA'd into the confusion, the range has been increased for sure, but it's more snake than confusion, and the posistion is most likely a glitch, as this did not occur during smash 4 mewtwo's presense, and no current balancing has been done.

Sayabi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-8537-6804
Confusion was almost excusively used for recovery anyway, I think those changes are done to give it its primary goals back. I wonder if they reduced the number of recovery frames so that confusing players isn't a high risk low reward move.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
The only weird thing I can see about confusion in this game is it doesn't reposition the opponent to the center box of confusion anymore, it just lifts them when they touch the hit box and tumble-dryer for a second or so. Could mean close range confusion > jab/nair is a thing, or even that confusion can hit multiple targets. Or it could mean bupkis, seeing as we don't have the evidence yet. This vid has a Mewtwo using it quite consistently. I wouldn't say it has better recovery frames unfortunately, because Bowser is able to second jump at some point before Mewtwo used a U-tilt follow-up. We could attribute it to player error, but more than likely it's frame data still gives us the the gadget-finger mix-up it's always had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2ay7RbauY

Last edited: