• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Some Matchup Specific Training Partners

Brinks

Smash Rookie
Not entirely sure if this is the best place for this post, but I apologize if not. I've lurked on here awhile and finally decided to make an account and start posting, as well as ask for some sparring partners.

I'm a Greninja main.

I play on FG a lot as I don't have many ways of improving my game. The closest tournament to me is about an hour away and every other Sunday, but I almost always work on Sundays, so ive only been to 2 of them. The few friends I play Smash with aren't as invested as I am, and aren't as familiar with certain things in the meta, so I don't have a lot of means of preparing for the rare time I can attend one of these Biweekly tournaments.

Figured I'd turn to the smashboards for some people who can help me practice against certain characters and/or just help each other train and offer feedback/advice where applicable.

I'll accept anyone but the characters in particular that I either struggle with or need more practice against are Cloud, Mario, (I know the matchup pretty well but I'm very inconsistent against them), Mega Man (Campy characters are the death of me), Bowser, Diddy, and Marth.

I'm almost exclusively dedicated to Greninja at the moment but I guess my secondary more or less would be Mewtwo. He just doesn't get nearly the same level of dedication as my Greninja does, and I also enjoy playing Lucario and would like to get better with him as well.

Obviously the training/feedback can be mutual and I'd be glad to help with anyone else's matchup practice. Though not nearly as solid as my Greninja, I have a decent Cloud (lol doesn't everyone), and am fairly decent with Roy, Charizard, Sheik, and somewhat Mario.

Sorry for the wall of text but I just wanted to be thorough.

TLDR I need training partners

Grass

Smash Lord
most people these days are on discord. You might wanna try there. I actually have a community on discord if you wanna come drop by. If you have discord I'll leave you a link, you can find training partners there.

Last edited:

Brinks

Smash Rookie
Yea I figured as much. I do have Discord. I'm only on the Greninja one currently but that would be awesome if you could do that, as I wasnt sure if it was frowned upon to just jump onto the various character discords looking for friendly's for specific matchups and such

Grass

Smash Lord
Yea I figured as much. I do have Discord. I'm only on the Greninja one currently but that would be awesome if you could do that, as I wasnt sure if it was frowned upon to just jump onto the various character discords looking for friendly's for specific matchups and such
we're always welcoming to new people.
https://discord.gg/hFTCstr
https://discord.gg/hFTCstr

come say hi when you have time. PM a mod if you can't talk.

Last edited:

Nick Smash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9900-3491
I main Mario and my second main is Cloud. ( I also pocket Charizard, Fox, Falco, Toon Link, ZSS, Marth, Lucina, Pikachu, Ness and Cpt Falcon) I'm solid with them all. We can train sometime if you'd like.

Top Bottom