• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Ridley Discord group and advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaFurfur

Smash Rookie
Hi all.
So former Bowser main here in Brawl/4. I've completely dropped Bowser for Ridley and have been struggling with the change so I was wondering if there is an up to date discord link for the official Ridley group or whatever. I found some links on Reddit but they said they have expired.

I've been wanting to ask a few questions as part of my goal to improve from being a 2-2 and 3-2 player to being consistently 4-2/5-2 or better..

1. I noticed that sometimes when I try to use short hop nair OoS the opponent seems to be able to easily react to that and punish me for it. Back in Brawl (and to a lesser extent smash 4) I used to use Bowser's up B all the time for shielded moves. But shield and retaliation seems to have mixed results for me unless I can consistently parry, which I'm having difficulty with doing and that I've seen almost nobody else do in my local tourneys so far.

2. Following up on question 1, what should I be doing for OoS options? Is there a guaranteed safe OoS option I can do every time?

3. For my neutral approach, I have been trying to stay defensive but I feel like against camping opponents, I have to hop around. But I get punished for that easily. How should I be making my approach safely in neutral? Should I stay grounded like I am playing Bowser?

4. Lastly, I have noticed that with every loss I have, it was never by a big margin. When I lose a set, it usually went as the following.
-Opponent two stocks me game 2
-Next game and if there's a game after I get opponent to last stock 70%-100ish% but opponent manages to clutch out the win.
I wonder if that can say anything about my skill level as a player? Is there any pattern from this I can learn from and work on improving?

Thanks!

MechaFurfur

Smash Rookie
Nevermind I found the link in another thread. Please disregard, thanks! ( I can't find a way to delete this thread)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No need to delete. Well, I can move it so it's not viewable. That said, it has been locked.

To clarify, we do not allow threads to advertise or ask for Discords. Discord stuff does get brought up in a thread related to that subject and it's usually fine as long as it's not for the sake of advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom