• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Smash Lord
http://www.portableplatypus.com is a handheld gaming review site I've started. I've got 5 reviews up and have some more on the way, but I'd like some help with content generation. If interested, show me an example of your writing.

Some parameters (if you do get picked):
-no segmented reviews where gameplay, graphics, story, etc. are all assessed separately in their own categories
-no scores
-reviews cannot be posted anywhere else but Portable Platypus
-I may say no to some games if I want to review it myself sometime in the future
-Minimum 500 words for smaller, simpler games, but would like more for bigger games

Overload

Smash Lord
I would help, but my main issue is with acquiring the games. Also, why can't there be scores or seegmented reviews?

Also, wouldn't this be a better fit in UB?
Ah, didn't see that section. It's been a while. Mods, feel free to move this.

I just don't personally like that format. Scores are too arbitrary. I'd rather people get an impression of the game and decide for themselves if they want to play it without scores getting in the way. Segmented reviews feel lazy, and don't flow as well.

@Rhyme
Looking forward to it. TWEWY is off-limits though hehe, saving that one for myself.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm glad there's a no scoring rule, scores are stupid and really tell you nothing about the game other than whether or not the reviewer loved the game. That or they were paid to 'love' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom