• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for players in the Coachella Valley - Palm Springs / Cathedral City area

Universalist

Smash Rookie
Hello smashers! This is actually my first ever contact with the internet smash community, though I've been playing for years. I'll be spending the holidays in the Palm Springs area and I'm hoping to find some good players and learn a thing or two. Are there any sort of competitions or meet-ups in the area, or just people who want to play?

FF3Fan-Colby

Smash Rookie
Been out of the game for awhile but circumstances have also just landed me in the valley. Unfortunately, those circumstances are serious illness and hospitalization, and I don't expect to be at 100% for at least another week. But man watching melee sure is helping me get through it--and I've got a craving for some games! PM me on here and I will give you my contact info so we can play when I am feeling better!

Universalist

Smash Rookie
Sorry this reply took so long, I've been having some serious trouble accessing the website. Are you still around? Also, I was unable to bring my console/controllers/etc, so I wouldn't be able to bring my own equipment

FF3Fan-Colby

Smash Rookie
My setup is in my old apartment in SD. Probably going to go grab it in a week or so. Although I'm going to be pretty busy that week. What's your timeframe of being in the valley?

Also, I live in La Quinta. I dunno what your transportation situation is but I don't have a car. Maybe if I can hook up with some of the old homies we could bring the CRT to your end of the valley but I wouldn't count on it lol.

I have a spare controller that should be in pretty sweet condition.

osomata

Smash Rookie
This is the cell of a friend of mine, he is looking for people who plays melee too 760-604-94-24. His name is Raul, he lives in Coachella. He is known as H2O as a smash player.

Universalist

Smash Rookie
I'm in Cathedral City, and I should be around until late January. I haven't got a car either (I'm 18), so transportation may be difficult

ThirstBuster44

Smash Rookie
I know this is a very late reply but I'm looking for people in the Valley who are wanting to enter into tournaments. I wont be entering, I will be hosting.

We are a small group of live streamers and have been looking for the past two months to start a tournament group in the desert. It took us some time to gather all the equipment we needed to do a proper Tournament which will be streamed live. Some tournaments near the start will be exhibition style until we can provide prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners.

Some tourneys will have common rules such as how a map is chosen, whether or not you are allowed to swap characters, and items on or off. While others will contain some of the newer features of smash such as the use of Amiibos for a Team style tourney.

What we are missing now is the tournament location. If anybody can help us find a place to host these tournaments please let us know.

A few places we are currently looking at are JB Sports in Bermuda Dunes, Oasis Comics in Palm Desert, (and for the older crowd) The Hood Bar in Palm Desert.

Edit to add more info

Last edited:
Top Bottom