• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for people to play with! I live in San Francisco California

Plue

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! You know... lately I've been really cursing the gods that I have no friends that are even remotely a little good in smash that live around my area. Is there anyone out there in the Smahboards who could start playing with me? I'm down to start taking BART to wherever, or meeting within the city! Let me know!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I've never really been down to Cali myself, but as far as I know, the NorCal and SoCal smash scenes are probably the best on the west coast, at least for Melee. What's your main game? I'm sure if you used the FB search for "Super Smash Bros NorCal/SoCal/California" or something, you'd come up with at least a few group pages for local scenes near somewhere as populated as San Francisco.

If you really can't find any locals you're willing to drive a little bit too though, there's always WiFi for Brawl/PM and Netplay for all of the titles. If you don't know what Netplay is, it's where you emulate N64/Melee/Brawl/PM on your computer and plug in your GC controller via a cheap adapter you can get off of Amazon. So long as your comp is powerful enough, you can play with anyone within a state or two away from you that also emulates it and plays online (technically you can connect to anyone and play from anywhere in the world, but any further than a few states and it'll start to suffer from noticeable lag). It's definitely something to look into as an alternative.

Good luck

Last edited:

Plue

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I play PM and Melee. I usually main Sheik in Melee, and Toon Link and Olimar in PM. Thanks for the advice!
I did message some groups on FB... Still waiting on a reply from them. I hope I can find a solid training partner. I just wish I had one person to play with honestly.... it gets lonely

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Thanks! I play PM and Melee. I usually main Sheik in Melee, and Toon Link and Olimar in PM. Thanks for the advice!
I did message some groups on FB... Still waiting on a reply from them. I hope I can find a solid training partner. I just wish I had one person to play with honestly.... it gets lonely
Tell you what. I'm trying to get ahold of a Wii (have to borrow it aha), and once I can, I'll have access to WiFi. Whenever we're both up for some we cud play, so long as the connection between WA and CA isn't too laggy; I can go for hours of practice so long as I have the time. I have zero MU experience against Tinks and Olimars (considering learning how to play the latter), so that'd be neat. Siggy has my mains.

Outside if that, good luck with contacting your scene. Also, it's usually easier to get a response by posting straight to the page than messaging them. That way, anybody who happens to be on can respond to your introduction post, welcome you, and fill u in on whatever wasn't clear. If you're talking about having to request to join the FB group though...idk aha. Guess that one just has to be waited out.

Plue

Smash Rookie
Tell you what. I'm trying to get ahold of a Wii (have to borrow it aha), and once I can, I'll have access to WiFi. Whenever we're both up for some we cud play, so long as the connection between WA and CA isn't too laggy; I can go for hours of practice so long as I have the time. I have zero MU experience against Tinks and Olimars (considering learning how to play the latter), so that'd be neat. Siggy has my mains.

Outside if that, good luck with contacting your scene. Also, it's usually easier to get a response by posting straight to the page than messaging them. That way, anybody who happens to be on can respond to your introduction post, welcome you, and fill u in on whatever wasn't clear. If you're talking about having to request to join the FB group though...idk aha. Guess that one just has to be waited out.
I went to a small gathering today in Berkeley and did pretty well. We definitely should play though. I'm pretty good with couple other characters like Fox, Marth, Sheik, and Mario. Hopefully you need practice against them too :)

Daem

Smash Rookie
Hey buddy!

I am near stockton and I will be hosting a tournament soon in Tracy, CA.

If you'd like some details when it is available please message me, and i'll contact ya.

Top Bottom