• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for more people to Practice with

Garolymar

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4129-5499-6687
Heya, I've lurked here for years but never really made an account. Thought it'd be cool to really get into smash bros this time around, haven't really been all that into it since Brawl. I'm looking for some more mates to practice with especially if you play fast characters or the Belmonts and King K Rool, it seems I have the most trouble with them and I'd like to fight them more often so I can get the hang of the matchups.

I mostly play Olimar, I'm a big Pikmin fan. I like to mess around with Shulk too but I don't have the brain power to memorize all his art stuff. Samus and Link are pretty fun too. I'm kinda hopin' Paper Mario is a DLC character that'd be pretty dope. 4129-5499-6687 is my friend code if you'd like to play together, I like to make arenas a lot to practice. I dunno what else to put here. Merry Christmas, since it is in a few days.

Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Welcome! Hope you settle in nicely here!

I’m looking for people too! How long have you been playing?

Garolymar

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4129-5499-6687
Been playin' since 64, me and my bro would spend our summers doing 99 stock battles in melee and we played a lot of online competitive in Brawl. I didn't really play much of 4 because I was busy pretty much the entire time it was out. Ultimate is a lot of fun though.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Been playin' since 64, me and my bro would spend our summers doing 99 stock battles in melee and we played a lot of online competitive in Brawl. I didn't really play much of 4 because I was busy pretty much the entire time it was out. Ultimate is a lot of fun though.
I’m down to play. Just send me your Switch code and we can get some practice in. I need practice with my Mewtwo.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Aye, same here. I’m trying to pick up Olimar rn, so we should ditto

Garolymar

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4129-5499-6687
I'm down for some dittos, I usually play around 6 - 11 EST 4129-5499-6687
I'd be down to fight a Mewtwo aswell, I don't think I've ever really fought that many so it's a matchup I'm not familiar with. Would be a good way to learn about it.

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
I'd be down to fight a Mewtwo aswell, I don't think I've ever really fought that many so it's a matchup I'm not familiar with. Would be a good way to learn about it.
I’m down to play tomorrow. I’m sort of lacking confidence in my gaming skills right now. I was just playing super street fighter 2 a new challenger. And I could not beat a single CPU not once. 80+ matches I’m thinking of selling my switch at this point. It really killed my confidence as a gamer that wanted to try to become professional.

Garolymar

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4129-5499-6687
I’m down to play tomorrow. I’m sort of lacking confidence in my gaming skills right now. I was just playing super street fighter 2 a new challenger. And I could not beat a single CPU not once. 80+ matches I’m thinking of selling my switch at this point. It really killed my confidence as a gamer that wanted to try to become professional.
Don't get too down on yourself, it's a new game so you may have just not found your rhythm yet! I'm lookin' forward to our matches, I'm not exactly an expert or anything but I like to think I have an eye for details when it comes to missed opportunities in play style so maybe we can help each other out!

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Don't get too down on yourself, it's a new game so you may have just not found your rhythm yet! I'm lookin' forward to our matches, I'm not exactly an expert or anything but I like to think I have an eye for details when it comes to missed opportunities in play style so maybe we can help each other out!
Sounds good to me. Ain’t gonna give it. It just bummed me out.

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Hey man, just read this and wanted to say that I relate to that feeling and that you’ll come back from this! We all have off days in the world of competitive gaming, its just the way it is. Yesterday online I couldn’t win 80% of my games. My mind felt foggy and the frustration did NOT help my performance. I felt useless, like my 4 years off experience was worthless.

Fast forward to today and I went on a 15 win streak and got myself into elite smash, and won 3 more games there! Sometimes it’s best just to turn the game off, get some rest, and come back later. Also, cpu are often unfair and are completely unpredictable, so don’t put too much stock into that.

Mewtwo main here! I’d be down to practice and help you learn the matchup. Im on break right now so anytime is good for me.

Last edited:

Garolymar

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4129-5499-6687
Hey man, just read this and wanted to say that I relate to that feeling and that you’ll come back from this! We all have off days in the world of competitive gaming, its just the way it is. Yesterday online I couldn’t win 80% of my games. My mind felt foggy and the frustration did NOT help my performance. I felt useless, like my 4 years off experience was worthless.

Fast forward to today and I went on a 15 win streak and got myself into elite smash, and won 3 more games there! Sometimes it’s best just to turn the game off, get some rest, and come back later. Also, cpu are often unfair and are completely unpredictable, so don’t put too much stock into that.

Mewtwo main here! I’d be down to practice and help you learn the matchup. Im on break right now so anytime is good for me.
I'll probably be on a lot tomorrow. Today was kind of a rough day and I'm pretty tired. Hopefully I can get a match in with all you guys soon!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here for all discussion about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman:Name changes :starman: Bigger signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman:Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum:starman:
:starman:Support the Smash community and sign up today!:starman:

Top Bottom