• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Metaknight vs Yoshi video from 3+ years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Guys I am looking for a video that I saw that got me to start playing Yoshi back in Fall 2008. I know this is asking for a lot to remember the match up, but I remember it was the video that got everyone talking how Yoshi is a good MK counter, and that sparked my interest in Yoshi and made me pick him up and pretty much become my main. I just started Brawling again this past week, and even tho MK is gonna be banned, I want to watch the video again.

Thanks

Wobby

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I figured it might be Bwett.

That video is actually pretty good. It seemed really similar to how the MU played out a lot when I started playing, even. It's not entirely irrelevant, despite being from 3 years ago.

D

Deleted member

lolz knew it was that video
bwett da bess

o man the fsmash punishing the glide attack, thats good stuff.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Actually, Yoshi has been doing nothing but moving up. Only 1 or 2 spots though, the only time he went down was in the 2nd tierlist and that was one place as well.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He needs to keep moving up. Not much, but imo he is still trekking onwards.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why is it that in Melee, no Yoshi player ever uses Egg Lay?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
MDZ, no it doesnt, as soon as it touches a vulnerable part of an enemy, regardless of what theyre doing, you egg lay them. As long as Yoshi isnt getting hit and eating projectiles, it technically beats out everything due to it canceling your opponents actions.

Now, I know its nowhere near Brawl's level with that range increase, grab armor, and being faster, but I still dont see how in the world that move could be useless to the point of never being used.

D

Deleted member

MDZ, no it doesnt, as soon as it touches a vulnerable part of an enemy, regardless of what theyre doing, you egg lay them. As long as Yoshi isnt getting hit and eating projectiles, it technically beats out everything due to it canceling your opponents actions.

Now, I know its nowhere near Brawl's level with that range increase, grab armor, and being faster, but I still dont see how in the world that move could be useless to the point of never being used.
It isnt used because its slow and punishable, and in melee, you dont throw out moves that are slow and punishable too often.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Honestly I don't even like melee.
I like brawl the most. And I like brawl more than any other fighting game.
It's so different and weird.

Brawls like chess. You gotta think to play it.

Don't get me wrong, smash 64 was my favorite game growing up, and melee was after it.
But I like brawl better than the both of em.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Psshh, I hate 64 too but im #1 in my state at it, get at me?

/istheonlyoneinmystatewhoplays64

Nordal

Smash Lord
Why is this thread still open/shouldn't this question have been asked in a video or Q/A thread?

I thought you guys had a mod lol.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Why is this thread still open/shouldn't this question have been asked in a video or Q/A thread?

I thought you guys had a mod lol.
What mod? Shiri got demoted, Yink had to drop her position, and now our "current" mod is basically MIA from everything related to smash. Should've gave the powers to someone that's actually active and rational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom