• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

looking for great game OSTs

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
I've been gathering game OSTs (Original Sound Tracks), in order to compile them and download them for my listening pleasure. But I've hit a bit of a wall. I have all of the really obvious ones down, such as the major Nintendo franchises, major RPG series', and some of my personal favorites (Professor Layton, Katamari Damacy, etc.), but what are your favorite OSTs? I'm willing to listen to anything, so just throw 'em at me.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
the Chrono trigger Ost has always been my favorite (such amazing music in that game). another OST that i have always liked would probably be the rayman 3 ost. I'm sure I could think of more, but i'm just having trouble remembering them.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
The Sonic R OST is the best OST ever and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I've never played that game. Is the music more similar to the new-Sonic butt rock, or is it like retro-Sonic 16-bit chiptunes?
If I'm being honest it's like, really cheesey RnB / Pop music that sounds really out of place in a Sonic game. I mostly just love it kind of nostalgia.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Xenoblade Chronicles has a stellar OST. Its tracks are orchestrated and thus is also quite expensive ( spanning 4 discs, ) but they feature some excellent music.

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
Xenoblade Chronicles has a stellar OST. Its tracks are orchestrated and thus is also quite expensive ( spanning 4 discs, ) but they feature some excellent music.
My favorite game music is from the Professor Layton series, so I imagine I'd like this. I'll definitely check it out.

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
the entire Hotline miami ost is just amazing. I would extremely recommend listening to it.

yttik

Something I always have up my sleeve when people mention VGM is Zelda: The Wind Waker. Absolutly phenomenal.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Hotline Miami 1 & 2, and Chrono Cross.

Golden Sun 1 & 2 has a pretty great soundtrack if you don't mind the limitations of the GBA sound.

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
Hotline Miami 1 & 2, and Chrono Cross.

Golden Sun 1 & 2 has a pretty great soundtrack if you don't mind the limitations of the GBA sound.
are you kidding me? I love GBA music. I'll be sure to check them out. And I've heard that Hotline Miami has killer music. I'll check that out too. Thanks.

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
I just started playing Metal Gear Rising and I love it's OST, and Sonic Generations has some really great tracks.

Top Bottom