• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for collaborative writers and artists for a webcomic

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Heyo, I've been coming up with ideas for plots, characters, and fictional worlds for about as long as I can remember. Some of these ideas have barely made it to paper as rough sketches, basic story outlines, maps, etc. I have basically gotten to the point where if I don't make something out of at least one of my ideas, my brain might explode. So, I've decided to get started on a webcomic. Here's the basic gist of it:

Khurga is the crafty, headstrong son of a poor seamstress, and he's on a quest. No, he's not going to save the world, or the kingdom, or the princess. He's simply looking to get rich quick. At the age of 13, he developed a crush on Amirynn, the daughter of the his town's feudal lord. Amirynn's father was impressed by Khurga's personality, but could not afford to give his daughter to a commoner. And so, Khurga travels the land with a caravan of merchants and misfits.

My current working title is "Simpler Times." I intend for the story to be an adventure of the week style comic, but also with long-term plots and character development weaving throughout. Action and comedy are the main focus, with some romantic subplots. Like it says in the title of this thread, I'm looking for this to be a collaborative effort. My specialties are mainly in background and foundation work: character motivations, world-building, overall plot direction, etc.. I'm mostly looking for someone who can help flesh out the smaller story arcs, pacing, and issue-to-issue type stuff. Of course, I'll accept help from anyone who wants to be helpful, so just send me a PM if you're interested.

• Rich and deep story that mature readers can enjoy
  • Safe for work and family (anything that you wouldn't want to be spotted with will be implied rather than shown)
  • Memorable characters that readers can really get attached to
  • Take readers on an emotional journey that makes them laugh, love, cry, hate, and everything in-between.
  • Epic action scenes
  • Medieval Fantasy world, with high-tech relics of a long forgotten age instead of magic.
  • War is a basic part of life, most often waged with swords, money, and/or arranged marriages.
  • The classic fantasy races like elves and dwarfs do not exist in this world, but monsters might...
  • There is no dark lord that embodies all the evil in the world, nor is there a designated evil country, just about every country is messed up in their own ways but also has some good points here and there.

There is a race known as the Immortals, who were appointed by the God of this world to oversee various natural phenomenon. A handful went rogue and tried to twist the natural order (this is how monsters came into existence). Half-breeds between humans and immortals have various special abilities, and have "restless souls" that continue to roam the world after their death, rather than moving on to the afterlife.

Last edited:
Top Bottom