• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for an online training partner

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
EDIT: Nobody in the online community is disciplined enough to make a consistent effort or training routine with someone else. Just ignore this post

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I don't know about you, but I don't want to see top 4 at apex be isai+boomfan+japanese players every time. I'm tired of losing to the same people and I'm getting a bit weary of seeing everyone in north america constantly post videos saying how much better players in other countries are. I am looking for someone that mainly practices and plays through online and is actually willing to improve. If you regularly play online and are seriously motivated to improve, and not just in a "let's play for fun and if we get better that's great" way, I want to be your training partner. We would help each other practice against our weak points and help deal with each other's worst matchups in the game.

Even if we can't make a bigger dent in the competitive scene, I want to know that I'm not the only person who's trying to do so.
@rainshifter

Sedda

Smash Champion
ive been thinking about doing this kinda thing with someone, but my **** internet is so ****ing laggy at random times that i can only go in and play whoever is online at the time.

i see twilight sparkle and LD online a lot, almost every day. Ive seen kimi online every time i go on kaillera after 1am. ldz has been lagging for a few days for some reason, but you know he's good. just ask one of them.

edit: stranded played online A LOT about a month or so ago. almost every day too. maybe ask him since he's open to playing online unlike kero

Last edited:

$$$ Jim $$$

Smash Cadet
I don't know about you, but I don't want to see top 4 at apex be isai+boomfan+japanese players every time. I'm tired of losing to the same people and I'm getting a bit weary of seeing everyone in north america constantly post videos saying how much better players in other countries are. I am looking for someone that mainly practices and plays through online and is actually willing to improve. If you regularly play online and are seriously motivated to improve, and not just in a "let's play for fun and if we get better that's great" way, I want to be your training partner. We would help each other practice against our weak points and help deal with each other's worst matchups in the game.

Even if we can't make a bigger dent in the competitive scene, I want to know that I'm not the only person who's trying to do so.
I'm interested in doing this. You're currently a bit better than me, but it's not horribly bad. I was beating your DK by about 1-2 stocks for a few matches, but I don't know if I ever beat your mario (usually 2+ stocked each time). I'm online every day to get better and never off-class for fun.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'll be your training partner however you ignored me when I said so last night so I imagine you'll do it again in order to be able to complain

M4TT

Smash Cadet
i try to play for about an hour or so each day, and want to get much better. Id be down for doing this with someone.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I definitely want to get as good as possible and I'm obsessive and willing to put in a **** ton of work to get better but I'm still a n00b and suck with every character except my kirbs and yoshi which are still pretty mediocre. Also I still don't even own a controller that isn't seriously inadequate for play at the highest level.

ill play if people ask me
one time I asked you and you said "No"

caneut

Smash Ace
fire u just gotta ask all the people at the time U want to play. when u wanna train, if u want best training, just ask the people in all the skype/irc from who you think is best to worst and just play whos available. there u go, best training.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
fire u just gotta ask all the people at the time U want to play. when u wanna train, if u want best training, just ask the people in all the skype/irc from who you think is best to worst and just play whos available. there u go, best training.
I'll be ur training partner if we can use your CRT. You'd gotta pick me up though unless you just wanna play on the wonderprojector downtown

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
kinda hesitant to post but... i really want to get back into this game. i was never that great but i'd like to think my neutral wasn't complete **** lol. i'm going to start grinding tech skill (never actually got used to this PC controller honestly) and playing randoms online but it would be nice to have someone to give me pointers after i've leveled up a bit. not necessarily a top player or anything, cause well, i don't see how destroying a mediocre player would be fun, but i'm just throwing it out there...

edit: i play kirbs btw. probably should've mentioned that at some point. :v

Last edited:

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
kinda hesitant to post but... i really want to get back into this game. i was never that great but i'd like to think my neutral wasn't complete **** lol. i'm going to start grinding tech skill (never actually got used to this PC controller honestly) and playing randoms online but it would be nice to have someone to give me pointers after i've leveled up a bit. not necessarily a top player or anything, cause well, i don't see how destroying a mediocre player would be fun, but i'm just throwing it out there...

edit: i play kirbs btw. probably should've mentioned that at some point. :v
This guide should help a bit: http://smashboards.com/threads/updated-and-organized-character-guide.391310/

I can play you online sometime too. PM me on here or add me on Skype (same username as on here).

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
This guide should help a bit: http://smashboards.com/threads/updated-and-organized-character-guide.391310/

I can play you online sometime too. PM me on here or add me on Skype (same username as on here).
yeah i'm already looking around the forum for guides n stuff. i know a bit about this game already but thank you. i've just been practicing pivots since i posted last, playing around with my controller's deadzone, etc etc.

i'll add you on skype. i have it open constantly so it's just easier for me.

D

Deleted member

Training with another Yoshi main would be awesome! :)
I've only played Yoshi for a short while, and could use a lot of advice/training to get better.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
This thread was a waste of time. Moral of the story is that you just go online and hope that someone else good enough to practice with is online too.

LDZ

Smash Rookie
This thread was a waste of time. Moral of the story is that you just go online and hope that someone else good enough to practice with is online too.
As Shears said, I don't see why you would ignore the wonderful opportunity to train with Cuddlytoys, who is obviously the best player there is :p

In all seriousness though, just because nobody here fits your criteria, that doesn't mean that there are no players who do. You should try contacting someone like Mariguas, he is open to play pretty much every day. It's hard to find good players on the server at random.

Top Bottom