• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking back at Smash 4 with Smash for Switch coming out; I might've just been wasting my time.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I honestly feel like after all my dumb crap with For Glory and realizing via the Nate Talks about BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, I finally for a dumb long time (because my brain is a slow piece of dodo) realize how I've plateaued on a not-as-popular port of such a game.

Plus, Smash 4 had its flaws, but I have no idea if I really should keep my game when it comes out. Cause thinking back to it, I feel like I've gained nothing out of it except for mere DLC characters I wasted my money on. I feel as though I've wasted my time on such a game that had an infamous online environment that made me rant and learn nothing in the end, since the US is too big and that a Japanese-developed fighting game as usual had the internet more accounted for Japan's overall size when it comes to their internet.

I don't think I have any fond memories of this game ever since dropping it in favor of other dumb stuff (such as focusing on League of Legends and even then I finally for a long time understood what fundamentals I needed to have), and Under Night In-Birth is pretty damn fun as the main source of inspiration of over 500 of my OC's styled akin to how French Bread worked on that said-own-IP.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
The best memories of video games don't come from playing online. It comes from playing with real people, people who demonstrate their emotions, your friends, your best friends, their frustration faces on loosing, happy faces when beating you, the laughs, the funny moments. It's all about Fun

This is why the N64 era is still my best video game era of all time. I hope the Switch beat this. Lots of my friends still come in my house to play video games

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
The best memories of video games don't come from playing online. It comes from playing with real people, people who demonstrate their emotions, your friends, your best friends, their frustration faces on loosing, happy faces when beating you, the laughs, the funny moments. It's all about Fun

This is why the N64 era is still my best video game era of all time. I hope the Switch beat this. Lots of my friends still come in my house to play video games
Unless you play Melee.

Morbi

Scavenger

Basically, not even relating it to Smash or fighting games; however, if I play solo in a game such as Overwtach, I cannot think of any great moments. Notable moments, such as toxicity, I suppose. But I would not really call those "best memories." However, if I think about all the times I played with someone I knew, instantly, tons of great memories.

Going back to Smash 4; however, I do not have many best memories either, and I predominately play with real people. There are just not as many times I can think of. Probably because of Omega mode and the fact that I did not use the horrible stage creator. Less variance to create memories, I suppose?

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008

Perhaps it's because of this, I as a person who hasn't gone out to actually meet with real life people to play Smash with and the fact that I have some more faith in Under Night In-Birth's online, I might as well actually find a way to get rid of my Smash 4 on 3DS. I've created so many threads on here that just outright complained about my experiences and it's honestly just a horrible example of myself I've displayed.

And it's because of such a learning environment I've plateaued so hard without really being able to do much, and I doubt anyone else would continue to even play Smash 4 because of Smash Switch and god-knows-how-much-shilled-Splatoon-stuff there is (yeah I didn't actually give a damn about Splatoon when it first came out, so flame me).

Edit: I "would've" used Anther's Ladder, but I honestly had little idea on how the system really worked; did the system do stuff for me automatically, or did I have to add as many friend requests as possible just so I could match myself up with everyone in the lobby? And honestly, I'm the kind of guy who just queues up with anyone who's around and finds it annoying to set up time with others (bad dumb experiences with me being a dumb kid that didn't call people beforehand etc).

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps it's because of this, I as a person who hasn't gone out to actually meet with real life people to play Smash with and the fact that I have some more faith in Under Night In-Birth's online, I might as well actually find a way to get rid of my Smash 4 on 3DS. I've created so many threads on here that just outright complained about my experiences and it's honestly just a horrible example of myself I've displayed.

And it's because of such a learning environment I've plateaued so hard without really being able to do much, and I doubt anyone else would continue to even play Smash 4 because of Smash Switch and god-knows-how-much-shilled-Splatoon-stuff there is (yeah I didn't actually give a damn about Splatoon when it first came out, so flame me).

Edit: I "would've" used Anther's Ladder, but I honestly had little idea on how the system really worked; did the system do stuff for me automatically, or did I have to add as many friend requests as possible just so I could match myself up with everyone in the lobby? And honestly, I'm the kind of guy who just queues up with anyone who's around and finds it annoying to set up time with others (bad dumb experiences with me being a dumb kid that didn't call people beforehand etc).
Anther’s ladder is a pretty simple system to use. It’s all explained on the sight. Just go there.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Anther's ladder would've helped your online experience greatly.

Also, Smash is much better when played offline with friends or at tournaments.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wouldn’t say your time was wasted that seems to devalue what time you spent having fun and doing what you did.

If anything it still helped you develop skills that will carry to other games will you be playing.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I wouldn’t say your time was wasted that seems to devalue what time you spent having fun and doing what you did.

If anything it still helped you develop skills that will carry to other games will you be playing.
I've had a few rounds online Under Night In-Birth: Exe: Late[st] right now and sadly, I'm just doing crap at that game like in any general fighting game. Doesn't help in that I'm playing on the Vita, especially against these few select people I always run into who happen to also be much better than me.

Honestly, despite me being able to come up with intricate bs for my fake-text-fighting-game on my deviantart and the wikia made for it (Variation Force: Fighters World AKA VFR: FW, just some dumb crossover bull****), I can't play fighting games for crap without people wanting the beat the sht out of me with contempt lol. I eventually started to just spam one move mindlessly or one action just to look stupid knowing I couldn't win in a few of those matches.

Honestly, my pride and abilities seemed to be wasted and misguided on these kinds of games. What I've been doing to myself is just disgracing myself over and over by picking fights that I can't win and fights that people laugh at me for ever trying. I'm not worth the challenge, unless people need to use me as a trophy because I unwittingly stepped into their world.

It's honestly not worth it to make my weakness shown over and over to be blunt, despite me still playing something as stupid as League of Legends to this day. Despite how much I complain, I always have to remember how much of my fault it is in the end. :\ All that is left is nothing but contempt for my weakness and poor choice to attempt something with a high skill floor.

Why even try if people are telling me to go die for such a poor display of strength? Why should I exist if there are stronger ones that invalidate my existence? (e.g. if I encountered Carmine Prime irl) I honestly see no point.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Your experience with a multiplayer game vastly changes when you play offline or play with someone you know online. Otherwise, online mode by yourself might as well be facing CPU's.

Top Bottom