• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long read about Mii's benefiting the meta :)

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
How much do default Guest size(middleweight) Mii's with alternative moves F-air in the meta? I will give some insight to those who are curious about this. I have experience playing with and against all 3 Mii types. I will talk about how their playstyle is and where on the tier list they may end up. Let's get started

--Mii Brawler

You all know this guy very well. The infamous Mii with that Up-B that kills hella early. Mii Brawler is godly if he's super tiny, but as default size.... he isn't as lethal. Brawler's approach options are grab and nair. If you stay center stage most games, he can't really do much and has trouble killing. Default size Brawler is still powerful, but he loses out on speed, mobility and kill options when set to default size. If you decide to stay near the ledge alot vs Brawler... expect to get killed very early lol Brawler is still great, but he can get zoned out pretty easily and does struggle with kills and requires good reads to land that helicopter kick.

Best set for Mii Brawler
-Mega Punch(B)
-Assault(Side B)
-Helicopter Kick(Up B)
-Feint Kick(Down B)

--Mii Swordfighter

This fella actually got a buff on chakram in the latest patch. This buff alone has made Swordfighter a bigger threat. Chakram can combo them into grabs and even kill moves now. It can also be used to zone and guard the ledge. There's an Infinite with it, but it's pretty useless and extremely situational lol Swordfighter has kill power, can combo well and zone pretty well thanks to shurikan(B) and Chakram(Side B). He can also reflect projectiles and turn you around with his rainbow move(Down B). Swordfighter isn't so mobile, so rushdown does hurt him. He's also combo fodder and pretty easy to gimp if he has the Chakram side b, instead of the launch side b(almost all swords will have Chakram). Keep an eye out for chakram at all times. This move does good damage and can link into combos and kills against you. Swordfighter reminds me a bit of Mario. Both have fast reflectors, great projectiles, good kill moves and fast reflectors that turn foes around. Sword can't combo well out of grabs and isn't as mobile as Mario.

Best set for Mii Swordfighter
-Shurikan(B)
-Chakram(Side B)
-Rising slash(default Up B)
-Rainbow reflect(Down B)

--Mii Gunner

This one is my personal favorite. I main this one and love her with a passion(No Hetero). Mii Gunner with alt moves is easily the best zoner in Smash history(Smash 4 definitely LOL). Gunner has grenades(B) that combo, kills, approaches and deters approach options from the enemy. Power shielding is also useless vs this move, since it has multiple hitboxes. This move is somewhat spammable and every zoner wishes they had this move. The move can be tough to see and will catch foes off guard. The move can be reflected and disappears with no effect if it collides with another projectile. The missile move(Side B) is like Samus's missiles, but better!!! Like 100× better. Imagine Samus's missles that have better speed and chasing capabilities. That's Gunners side b lol They are quite spammy, chase opponents so far and can gimp characters with bad recoveries easily and it's very fast. They also inflict good damage. The Up B is a toss up between default up b and jet punch(Alt Up B). Default up B grants great recovery and longevity, while jet punch(Alt Up B) gives Gunner a close range kill move that kills early and can be used out of shield at the cost of having poor recovery. Gunners bomb drop(Down B) is amazing! Good damage, can b reverse well, ledge gaurd and somewhat kill. Grenade(B) is more versatile, but bomb drop(down b) has its uses and its neat to combine both. Gunners default down b is Fox's reflector, but bomb drop is overall better.
Gunner can easily fire grenades, missiles and bomb drops all at the same time lol Opponents will be frustrated with so much fast and wide projectiles being fired at them. Gunner sounds broken and untouchable(sorry boys), but she has her flaws. She gets wrecked by speedy fighters and fighters with reflectors. Falco is the bane of her existence lol She's also easy to combo, gimp and she's pretty slow. She's like a Villager with 3 great projectiles that wall people easily, but with a predictable recovery and slower in the air.

Best set for Mii Gunner
-Grenade(B)
-Missile(Side B)
-Default rocket boost(Default Up B)
-Bomb Drop(Down B)

--Meta wise/tier list placing

All 3 Mii's would make a huge impact. All 3 are very unique and have great tools to compete toe to toe with the high tiers. They would easily attract new players with their unique play styles. Neither Mii outclasses one another since their styles are very unique and do well vs certain fighters.

~~Brawler - Rushdown and in your face.
~~Swordfighter - Zoner with good close quarter moves.
~~Gunner - Zoner with a fantastic keep away and wall game.

All 3 Mii's would easily be Top 20 material. Bold claim, but they would. Neither would be top 8, but they all have the right amount of tools to be a pretty common sight in the meta. They all do have weaknesses against the top tiers, but they can still prevail.

Mii Fighters will bring more diversity and attract new players to the meta. They aren't broken at all, since they have glaring flaws. Forcing Mii's to use their 1111 set makes them very bad and unusable to an extent. Might as well ban Mii's if they will be forced to use their inferior 1111 set. They get no result\usage with 1111 set in the WC and most outside tournaments.

Hope y'all enjoyed this Mii guide. Feel free to share your opinions

Have a fabulous day!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Iunno if Stone Scabbard really is better in comparison to the other two if Chakram is your side special for Swordfighter.

No way to recover horizontally like at all can be a deal breaker in certain match ups.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Iunno if Stone Scabbard really is better in comparison to the other two if Chakram is your side special for Swordfighter.

No way to recover horizontally like at all can be a deal breaker in certain match ups.
That is true, but I just went with what was most popular and that one seems to be used the most. I just wanna know what swordfighter mains think is the best set for swordfighter. Like if you had to choose a new perm set to replace 1111. What would be the best and most amazing one for swordfighter overall?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well I believe the most popular Up Special over here is Hero Spin.

And Down Special is generally evenly split between Reversal Slash and Counter.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Well I believe the most popular Up Special over here is Hero Spin.

And Down Special is generally evenly split between Reversal Slash and Counter.
Trela and other sword fighters I've seen in tournaments always used the default Up B. Hero spin can be good if used alongside chakram and Shurikan for better recovery side ways.

Counter just seems inferior in every way tbh. The rainbow can reflect and turn opponents around at least. That's already an upgrade.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Trela and other sword fighters I've seen in tournaments always used the default Up B. Hero spin can be good if used alongside chakram and Shurikan for better recovery side ways.

Counter just seems inferior in every way tbh. The rainbow can reflect and turn opponents around at least. That's already an upgrade.
Trela plays 1111, because that's all he can use and what he's used to.

It's a playstyle choice for the Down B.

Top Bottom