• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Live Hit Stun: A Melee Tournament-North Haven, CT-Aug 8, 08

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Yes! I finally have an opportunity to host my first tournament!

Before my tournament info be sure to check out these upcomming tournaments in CT!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180357 (Watertown, Newbs For Brawl)

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179946 (The Famous ESTICLE in Wallingford CT....the next morning after my tournament!! :) )

Watertown tourney is both Melee and Brawl.
ESTICLE is just Brawl.

If this tournament gets a good turnout I will be hosting a Melee tournament roughly every 1-2 months! So make it a good turnout for Melees sake!

12 Dogwood Road
North Haven, CT 06473

My house is big enough to easily get a good 10-12 setups going. I do not live an apartment, condo, or anything small. My house can handle the expected attendance.

Parking:
When you arrive at my house PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN MY DRIVEWAY OR NEAR MY HOUSE. My family will need to leave and enter the house throughout the day. You will be parking on the street across from mine, Janet Drive. If you cannot find the street (it's quite easy) than i'll point it out to you when you arrive.

Food and Drink:
I will not be feeding 25+ people....this is not a party. Please bring your own food, beverages, etc and CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF! I'm not your maid. There is plenty of fast food in the area that you can pickup on your way here or whatever.

Events:

Melee Doubles

Followed By...

Melee Singles

Rule Set:

Neutral stages (will be on random select):
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (Banned For Doubles)
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens (No longer a counter pick.)
Kongo Jungle 64
Corneria
Brinstar
Mute City
Poke Floats

General:

- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you.
- No controller mods allowed aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons allowed.
- No pausing during a match....also, please have respect for your opponent and do not do answer your phone, text, blast your iPOD, etc.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach’s wall bomber, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 3 minutes...to keep things running smoothly.

Match rules:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit.
- All Items are OFF.
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed.
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing the stage has already won on that stage, unless both players agree to use that stage.
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate two of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Double blind character pick (may be called for the first game): A double blind pick is when each player secretly tells a neutral third-party what character they will use. The third party then announces the character choices, and the players must stick with their character choices.
- Advanced Slob Picks (for the second or later game in a set): For a given game, the loser of the previous game may either choose the next stage or elect to go to a random stage. The winner of the previous game may then either change character, or stay as their current character. The loser may then either change character, or stay as their current character.
-WOBBLING IS ALLOWED ONLY IF BOTH PLAYERS agree to it.

If both players agree to all FD, all battlefield, etc. that is allowed. Its your tourney match..and if you both agree...that is acceptable.

Entry:

Registration will be eight dollars a person for singles and 16 all together for doubles (so still 8 dollars a person)

Registration will begin at 11:00AM and end at 12:15PM. After registration I am allowing a half hour time period for friendlies. During the tournament PLEASE DO NOT PLAY FRIENDLIES. THAT IS WHAT THE HALF HOUR TIME PERIOD IS FOR. Doing this during the tournament...will only slow things down and make players confused as to what is a tourney match, and what is not. Please, show some respect.

The tournament will begin at 12:45pm PROMPTLY (No cell phone calls saying, "I'm almost there!"...if you are not there....you can not enter, sorry.)and if all goes well (probably wont :psycho:) I expect things to end at around 8, or 8:30.

Housing:
I will be housing people if they need it if anyone else can house...please post and I will edit this post.

Prizes:

The earnings will go as follows for both Doubles and Singles:

1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%
3rd Place: 10%

Setups:

Nana-Wii and Melee....TV?
Awsmsean-TV and melee setup.
Dark Dragoon-Melee and Wii.
Modest Egoist-Wii and Melee.
Aesir-Gamecube and Melee
Br4N-TV and Melee setup.
The Dragon-TV and Melee setup.
Spife- 3-5 Melee and TV setups (Love This Guy!)

As people let me know what they can bring...I will edit this post and put your information on here.

Please let me know if you can bring a TV. This is VERY IMPORTANT seeing as I only have a good 2-3 TV's that I can provide personally.

No Smash Balls here........

-Prince of Fire

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I should be down for this.
Awww yeeaaa.

Someone bring Guilty Gear.
-DD

Chum

Smash Apprentice
pof I would go but the fact that I am hosting a tourament ON THE SAME DAY IN THE SAME STATE makes a little bit hard. You should make it the week after ;).

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
agree on a date change... for the sake of people wanting to go to both for a better turn out to both also.. and i will be the if the funding and ride allows me to be

you might want to chaing it again ctcon is that weekend... for the sake of anime fans and other dorks alike, like myself

Cort

Apple Head
Change this back to the 2nd

...**** why is ctcon on that date

Well I changed ESTICLE to the 9th to accomadate for those CT tournies and the Maine tourny

Change this to a Sunday or Friday before ESTICLE or something

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
How many times did the date for this change? It is amazing how much is going on lately.

Yeah, true....it was pissing me off just as much as it was everyone. I was just trying to find a date that did not conflict with much.

I MIGHT change it again depending on when school starts for me, but I think it will stay though.

Setups:

Jam Stunna-(If attending) 2 TV Setups

As people let me know what they can bring...I will edit this post and put your information on here.

Please let me know if you can bring a TV setup. This is VERY IMPORTANT seeing as I only have a good 2-3 TV's that I can provide personally.
PLEASE help with this guys, I NEED SETUPS!!!!!

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
So I will be going to this and I can bring a wii+melee possibly a tv if you really need it Pof let me know.

I agree Kongo Jungle should NOT be neutral and Jungle Japes should be a counterpick.

Anyone wanna team with me? Pof round 2 melee style?

I just reaklized there are SOOOO many tournies coming up in CT.

Top Bottom