• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lone Star Circuit Event #4: Nikefest 4 Results - San Antonio, Tx

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
things

1.) I only used tl.

2.) I broke the lamp but i didn't realize it till i read it now sorry.

3.) I thought cake mained olimar
and dojos **** in his mouth
Oh...NearZzz is shadow1pj

Sync.

Smash Champion
It was seeded by circuit points which are rewarded at each circuit event. Trela was top seed and Razer and Gnes were 2nd and 3rd respectively. Dojo was like 6th seed or something because of his absence from some events. That's how we agreed to do it at the beginning and when I seeded according to circuit points THEN Texas PR both myself and Nike looked over the bracket and proceeded on with it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hmm, might have been possible to adjust the bracket a bit better, but I don't know... wasn't there. At any rate, why were there no G&Ws? :(

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
dont bother sending the tio file. im making it right now from the bracket

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
1: UltimateRazer - Thank you for playing!

3: Dojo - Thanks for playing and for the long talk after. I wrote down almost all of it after and I'm trying to change my mindset, but it feels like it'll take a while to be able to keep track of specifics like that. ^^;

4: Espy - Your set against Dojo was amazing. Good job on fourth!

5: Illmatic - Nice to see you again, and good job on fifth!

7: PJ - I'd like to MM you again when I'm not half-dead from food- and sleep-deprivation. Nice TL!

9: Megafox - Bah lawdy, you're crazy. Congrats on beating Dojo and all the rest of the super-clutch stuff you did!

9: Sync - WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE, SYNC. :olimar:

9: Slush - GOOOOD ****, SLUSH! Olimar'll get easier with time.

9: K Prime - Nice work in crews! I didn't know you had a legit Kirby. :D

13: Paw - I'll play you again next tournament, Paw. >:D
Thank you for teaming with me, and sorry it didn't work that well.

13: Tesh - Didn't MM you, but it was fun playing!

13: Sky Pirate - DO BETTER, SCRUB.

17: JRUGS - Nice meeting you! We'll play next time. ^^;

17: KoN - Nice seeing you again, KoN

17: KRD - Nifty Wolf, sirrrrrr. You seem like a pretty chill guy, too.

17: Nike - NIKEEEEE! Thank you very much for hosting. :D
I wanted to play with you in doubles friendlies, but you kept running off. :<

17: Big Boss - Y u so mad, Boss?

17: Turbo - Liked your Sonic, you seem like a nice guy.
Good luck with your Oli/DDD!

17: Fogo - ****, you had me rolling in that crew battle. XD

25: Zero - Every time your name was said, I kept thinking "XYRO IS HERE?"

25: Blondie - You'll get better, just give it time. ^_^

25: Red Shadow - Nice seeing you again, Red. =P

tofer - Even though you don't enter, you somehow make tournaments better. XD

Special shoutout to Leaf -
YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER, LEAF.
I WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND IT WILL BE DELICIOUS.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
One way to do brackets is to work backwards with top seeds assuming the higher seeded player will win.

1: Trela==105 points
2: Gnes==90 points
3: UltimateRazer==70 points
4: Sync==32 points
5: Illmatic==30 points
6: Dojo==20 points
6: Pj==20 points
8: K Prime==17 points

For example, Trela and Gnes are 1/2 seed, and therefore must meet in Winners Finals. Then we know Razer and Denti are 3/4 seed (and for the sake of simplicity, assume this is a four person tourney) Razer and Dent can't meet in semis cause that would mean Trela/Gnes don't meet in winners. So you have two combinations Trela vs Razer + Gnes vs Denti or Trela vs Denti + Gnes vs Razer, 1/3 + 2/4 or 1/4 + 2/3. Most tourneys do a 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, but it's ok for the TO to change it if things look weird. You can expand this by looking at quarter finals in a similar fashion with a tourney of only 8 people. Here's the finalized bracket:

Trela vs K Prime
- - -
Sync vs Illmatic
- - - - - - - -
Razer vs PJ / Dojo
- - -
Gnes vs Dojo / PJ

This is what I feel is ideal, assuming that the circuit point system is accurate (you are using it to rank this bracket, are you not? it should be accurate)

TL;DR If you look at the bracket I just created and the bracket used for Nikefest, they look identical. The only difference is upsets (Slush beating Sync, Jerm beating PJ, Megafox destroying Dojo).

So yeah, my mistake, you guys did good making bracket. However, I don't think anyone would have been upset / argued with you (looking at the TOs) if you put Dojo in place of Sync / Illmatic, claiming you weighed circuit points and TX PR ranks together.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Seriously, someone broke a lamp and can't just apologize for it?

Come on, grow a pair and own up to your mistake. Whether it was an accident or it was the result of ******** choices, you still have to apologize.

Sometimes I wonder about this community...

NearZzz

Smash Lord
TL;DR If you look at the bracket I just created and the bracket used for Nikefest, they look identical. The only difference is upsets (Slush beating Sync, Jerm beating PJ, Megafox destroying Dojo).
Jerm always beats me lol i'm just seeded higher

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Singles:
1: UltimateRazer [Snake] good job
2: Trela [Lucario] 3-0ed dojeezy nice! thanks for the controller.
3: Dojo [Meta Knight] i'ma bust that booty next time.
4: Espy [Sonic] always fun talking to/playing you.
5: Illmatic [Peach] 'GUYS WE GOTTA GO WE GONNA BE LATE AND MY PARENTS GONNA MURDER ME(hours later ill gets home) oh my parents are asleep they never even knew i was 10 minutes late.
5: Gnes [Diddy Kong] i love watching matches with you it's so funny.
7: Jerm [Toon Link] fun chillin with you. i hate dittos unless it's ffas lol
7: PJ [Toon Link] ok u sugg digg how u lose a tl and a mk?
9: Megafox [Fox] so tiny ull get razer next time
9: Sync [Meta Knight]

9: Slush [Yoshi] you should have beat ill stop messing up and learn to read kill moves instead of throwing them out. gj against sync
9: K Prime [Pikachu] lol what did i say to you? it was something funny
13: Paw what was with the shlike comment?
13: Tesh did u really spend the whole tournament playing sonic dittos...
13: Santi nice seeing you again i can't believe you beat nike thats some legit shiz! great ffas
13: Sky Pirate "gets 0 to deathed" OMG!!!!
17: Cake something special for you at the bottom
17: JRUGS nice mm great seeing you again those textures tho
17: KoN sweet
17: KRD meat
17: Nike fun tourney thank your parents for the pizza sorry about the lamp. santi tho :troll:
17: Big Boss ok so....i timed you out but look at it my way why should i have to fight through grenades and ftilts when i can just sit the platform and wait...which is what i did ya know? TO everyone who said i was gay y'all can eat a ****.
17: Fogo lmao trolled you with the quiet voice i love hangin with you and talkin! hope to see you at apex.
25: Suspect thanks for the ride to sonic that rageshadow thread tho lmao good mms u almost had me.
25: FTP ggs
25: Zero thanks for the controller
25: Blondie sync 5th best olimar tho
25: Sama thanks so much for driving us sama and charging less gas money to lol
25: Red Shadow. It's fine to rage at avenue but don't do it in someones house foo what if his parents had come back during it?

shoutouts to

ksizzle

trelas face when he heard junebug beat m2k.

the cute while girl who asked me and suspect if we needed help and skipped everyone else car, black man swag.

Nikes parents for feeding us.

slush for the mountain dew.

illmatis DI

tl ffas

and finallllllly

Dear cake would you kindly hop off of dojos penis for a mere 3 seconds?
Now i understand that he is your friend and that you want him to succeed and win, but that is no excuse for the amount of meatriding you do lol.
l"get em dojo"
"dojo ur so good"
"omg dojo amazing read"
"dojo you're so beautiful"
"dojo have my babies"
^^dojo vs lvl 1 ganon.
When i finally had to play dojo i walked in the room and saw you playing santi and was like "oh hell naw dip to next room" When i was like yo dojo lemme borrow your controller! He goes"**** no you aint using my controller", but you standing behind me and saying "yea you ain't using dojos ****ing controller its his!" was really uneeded. That's why i said you were a bad hypeman/wingman but in truth you would make an excellent either one of those for him the way you talk about him.

1 question
1) if i was dojo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Ru0lbU_ns dojo is biggie your lil kim santi can be diddy.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah I see what you're saying Zac. We do circuit points then Texas PR. So that's the only reason I was seeded above Dojo even though he's clearly better :]

PJ I hate you you never let me live anything down. Good job Slush I' mnot salty and you know :]

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Only way to make you get better is to make fun of you.

if that makes u hate me so be it at least i shot you to the stars.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Better capture more cities and bases.

Trela

Smash Lord
It's alright, everyone. I apologized to Nike for breaking his lamp. Sorry again about not doing so in-person, though.

Anyways, I hope you're prepared for what's coming, Razer, for it is YOU who will be the one dying this time and not me!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good, you did the right thing owning up. LIKE A MAN.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
5: Illmatic - I'm glad you're still using Peach. You're so good with her and you've already put in so much work with her that it would suck if you ever quit her.

5: Gnes - I wanna get some friendlies in against you sometime so I can learn the Diddy matchup. I did so horrible vs. you.

9: Megafox - Best fox. I need to get some friendlies against you sometime.

9: Sync - Good luck with learning Olimar. Learn all of his Dthrow stuff he has on Wolf and you should be fine.

9: Slush - We played so many team friendlies but I just realized that I didn't play any 1 vs. 1 matches against you.

9: K Prime - wtf you can use Kirby? I never knew Kirby could even be good.

13: Tesh - You've been getting better. I just watched the replays of your set vs. Illmatic and those matches were so close. As far as our tourny set went, idk what I was thinking when I went D3 last match. All I could remember from the first 2 matches were that I got a lucky Dsmash stagespike (For some reason I thought you had low damage when it killed you) and that I suicided on Lylat. But you're right, I should have more faith in my Wolf.

13: Santi - Random appearance from Santi out of no where woah what? It's so weird playing against your TL since it's still from back in the old Metagame.

13: Sky Pirate - You were pretty cool to hang out with. Rage @ Olimar vs. D3 on FD. Darn your 4 purple pikmin.

17: JRUGS - Thanks for giving me a ride! You're the first Snake I've played in a long time. Looks like I still have some of my spacing against Snake but in the 2nd friendlies set you adapted and learned my Wolf.

17: Nike - Thanks for hosting this tourny and housing us. Fun friendlies too. I wouldn't wanna risk MMing you though.

25: Zero - Good games! Every time I walked by you though I heard you johning and telling people that you think you shouldn't have lost to Nike or me and that got kinda old. You gotta learn from your losses. If you try to make excuses for why you lost then you'll never get better.

25: Sama - I was watching your wolf and it was weird. You do a lot of flashy and technical stuff but I hardly ever see you use Bair. In one of your matches vs. Paw, I think I only saw you use 1 or 2 bairs throughout the whole match. Keep that techskill though. I wish I could lightstep as consistently as you do.

Shoutouts to everyone who asked me "How did you get here?" and "What are you doing here?" this weekend.

And shoutout to Loko for driving me to IHOP.

Waseda crews was so hype!

Edit: @ Nike: What was the epic/hype/suspense song that you had on smashville?

:059:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Singles:
1: UltimateRazer :snake: ($158.40)
2: Trela :lucario: ($72.60)
3: Dojo :metaknight: ($46.20)
4: Espy :sonic: ($26.40)
5: Illmatic :peach: ($13.20)
5: Gnes :diddy: ($13.20)

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
So I heard about the lamp. Who do I have to make an honorary RGV crew member?
GOOD QUESTION.
The culprit never showed himself.
Most likely because of my very loud death threats ringing throughout the house.

There's a vid, I'll upload later.
IT WASNT ME THIS TIME!...... i wasnt even close to s.a. on sat lol

sorry to hear about the lamp though :(

Top Bottom