• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lone Star Circuit Event #2: HOBO 32! Full results are up! Vids/Pics coming soon!!!!!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
SHOUTOUTS!!!

1: Ultimate Razer== Congrats on holding it down at 1st. I really appreciate that you were going to give me your bag too, that was pretty chill. I love how well coordinated your Snake is and I look forward to hopefully playing you in tournament sometime (would have if I didn't lose to Zori lol, oh well).
2: Trela== Dude your Lucario is sexy, there are no other words to describe it. You're a cool guy as well and it was fun hanging with you and your awesome group of friends down there. Looking forward to hanging and playing again sometime.
3: Denti== I didn't really get to meet/talk to you. :(
4: Bassem== Dude, you sooo look like a slightly darker Polt! xD Your Wario is really good from what I saw vs Zori and in doubles. Mind if we money match sometime? I kind of pride myself on the Wario and Yoshi matchups and so far I have Malcolm and Blue Rogue wins under my belt (not Krystedez yet though, his Wario is so...different lol).
5: Infinity== Haven't been read that hard in a while; I would give late night tired johns but that wouldn't be fair. I'd like a rematch sometime though. :)
5: Illmatic== It was an honor to finally meet you bro, you're as energetic and passionate about the game as I expected you to be, and that's legit. You were an absolute comeback artist after I initially ***** you in our ditto, and you took a "creamy poop" on both my MK and Marth which hurt my pride lmao. Me and Pj got you back in doubles though haha. Hopefully you can make it to Apex 2012 or some other national in the near future so we can finally have our official $10 (actually...I'll make it $20) Peach ditto money match.
7: Dphat== The stories don't lie, you sure know how to put the work on Peach. Thankfully Kel handles the matchup similarly back at home or I probably would have been embarrassed by you...haha. You're mad chill in person and it was a pleasure meeting you dude.
7: Kprime== Awesome friendlies man, I'm glad I got to meet/play you before I left! I saw you taking that coin suicide in Mario Party like a man though. xD
9: Zori== **** Olimar! :( I'll learn that matchup eventually, but you were super tough regardless bro. Reminded me of that shafting I got from Logic at Pound IV...ouch.
9: Sync== Man you are at Paulie Shore levels of chill! Thanks so much for the housing and guiding me through my first Mario Party playthrough. It was mad fun hanging with you.
9: Yosh== Fun money match bro, and no problem, I'm happy to help give you some matchup experience. I have to say that Peach beats Yoshi pretty comfortably if the Peach knows the matchup, but it's totally do-able on Yoshi's end. I'd talk to HadesBlade for some tips since he's given me the most trouble out of any Yoshi so far. (You're next DeltaCod ;) )
9: Tesh== Good meeting you man. I saw a bit of your Sonic and it was legit. We can money match some other time, no sweat. :)
13: PJ== Peejayyyy, you are mad amounts of chill bro. It was so much fun hanging with ya and learning the Texas Smash lingo. Teaming was also a blast and I'm down to team again at any event since we kind of **** when we get things flowing. We only just started to find our rhythm by the time we were eliminated though, but when we did...oooooo man. Sorry Ill and Xyro... <3
13: Esca== It was a pleasure meeting you Esca, and it's hard to believe that any ******* would try to hurt someone cool like you. Glad you're ok and I'm glad to have met you myself man.
13: Leaf== Pikachu. <3 It is a true fact that I go hard in money matches after I get eliminated from bracket, so that's probably why I played so well against you. Fun games though!
13: Paw== Dude...epic set and great job pulling out the win. I played so hard with my MK and I know the matchup pretty well, but you got the job done in the end. :)
17: Xyro== Thanks for everything Allan; the entry, the transportation, the hype, everything. I had a blast down there and I'll gladly come back and hang another time (on my own cash of course). Thanks so much for the opportunity and the exposure to a harder scene. I've gotten so much better because of it.
17: Bio== Legit ZSS bro, and an honor meeting you. Both you and Paw have prepared me for Y.b.M., that's for sure. xD
17: Jerm== That money match was fast paced as **** lol. I'm glad I got to play you before you retire, you're definitely up there with the best TLs that I've played, no doubt. Mad chill too.
17: Jrugs== Don't believe we met. :(
17: Nike== A pleasure meeting you Nike, you're a nice guy. Your Marth style reminds me so much of my old doubles partner Beegs, and that was a solid money match. Can't wait to hang and play again.
17: Tree== Did we meet? My memory sucks. xD
17: KingBeef== Not bad for the first visit. Ohio is in for it now. ;)
25: Slush== Fun doubles at the house, we had some decent chemistry going on there. I'll have to money match your Yoshi sometime as well. Take care until next time. :)
25: Gucci== Fun set man. I kind of had to play slow paced and gay because it's the only way I know how to fight Falco. It's just not a fun matchup for the crowd lol.
25: Maharba== Thanks so much for the ride to and from the tourney dude, much appreciated. You drive like a boss in that Houston traffic lol, and good music selection too! Looking forward to meeting you again man.
33: Panty== Awesome GnW man! I would have gotten ***** hard if Praxis never taught me that MU. ^.^;
33: Diego== You so look like Selena's dad in the movie yo! That hat was the final touch lmao.
33: C Spiker== Awesome meeting you Spyker. Your Peach has some serious moves! Glad you liked mine as well. :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You did good KB, solid peach, plays very fast you just like to buffer jabs too much whenever you do an aerial, or you would tilt so all I did was just let you aerial and wait for your follow up everytime.
I see, I'll work on being more patient during my followups and risking less punishment that way. Thanks for the critique man, every little bit helps me so much against that matchup.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to:

Kprime: Thanks for teaming with me! Hopefully we can team sometime in the near future.

Gnes: Wish I could have played you, but I had to leave early. Good stuff in teams.

Razer: You're lucky a certain diddy kong wasn't able to enter singles Timothy Campos.

KingBeef: Thanks for coming down to Texas, you're a chill guy with a really good peach.

Paw: You ***** this tourney brah

Jrugs: You're game is stepping up man. I saw some of your matches, good stuff.

Denti: Most dedicated smasher? I think so. Keep up the good work man. Oh, and I bussed to Houston btw.

Inifinity: Anberlin ftw

Pjshadow: Thanks for the MM. ggs

Trela: Unleash your inner rage in tourney and you will win

Sync: It was good seeing you man! Fun team matches and good shiz in singles.

Bassem: You have some ridiculous combos. Good to see you active again.

Yosh: Good stuff placing so high with Yoshi. Who is Poltergust? Take that Ricky.

Kirby: More G&W

Illmatic: Love the fro. Hip hop da bess

Xyro: Thanks for another great tourney. Good luck to you and Claire Zair

Zori: Friendlies next time. I never get to play you. : /

Bio: That ZSS is lookin' fine.

Tesh: Eat bucket

Ozz: Good luck in Cali. Texas will miss you bud.

Oh and Dphat *****.

That is all.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
0: Gnes== Hope you feel better soon o:
5: Illmatic== +15pnts Why did you refuse my MM? :/
9: Yosh== How does Peach beat Yoshi :confused:
9: Tesh== +7pnts We need to play next time!
17: Xyro== Thanks for holding this tournament I had a great time!
17: Bio== We can never finish our friendlies without someone taking the TV away lolol
17: KingBeef== Hey it's great meeting you in person, and I hope to again one of these tourneys it was really cool! :)
25: Joshua==???? I want my dollar back :glare:
25: A Male Platypus== DDD.... Dx Why?
25: Chozo==???? Lol I couldnt win games against you as Peach, but as Pit?
33: Diego==???? GGs man it's nice seeing you again too bad that would couldnt team in mid tier doubles
33: Batou==???? Lol as always it's great to see you I'm still lmao'ing at the double DDD Jab lock
33: C Spyker== Get better

I dont even know how I can just not place last all the time.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
1: Ultimate Razer - You handled me all too easily. GGs, and good stuff winning this.

2: Trela - I told myself I was going to play you in friendlies before everything was done, but that never happened. Nice seeing you again though!

3: Denti - Read Trela's shoutout

4: Bassem - Read Trela's shoutout Watching you vs. Infinity was amazing. OK represent!

5: Infinity - Read Trela's shou-yeah you get the idea.

5: Illmatic - You look nothing like how I envisioned you based on posts here, but you're a pretty chill dude. I'd like to play against you sometime.

7: Dphat - Thanks for letting us stay with ya after the tournament, Dphat, it was really gracious of you. Good stuff with 7th place.

9: Zori - We played in an AIB friendly some months back, so I was wondering if I'd be able to play you in an offline set. That never happened though, so I'll look forward to another day.

9: Tesh - Sonic representing! Thanks for the amazing, albeit 30 minute long, set, man. You had me completely worn out by the PS2 match, and had you not SDed on RC, you would have likely won the set. I'll remove the RC hack so it's not a disturbance for later.

17: Xyro - Our set was a shot-for-shot re-enactment of our wifi set on one of the SWF tournaments here a few months back. Down to last stock last hit like last time too. Good luck with whatever comes through your way in life, Allan.

25: Slush - That was a fun set we had the night before the tournament, I've never played an offline Yoshi before, although he's one of my secondary characters. Hope to see you again!

25: Maharba - You are ****ing ripped, and look FAR DIFFERENT than I how I envisioned you based on forum posts. Respect, and I'd like to have a set with you sometime.

25: Chozo - That Pit and GW.

33: C Spiker - No, you can't have your dollar back. Fun set we had though!

HOBO was fun ya'll! And this was apparently the last one for a long while? Glad I got to take a part in it when I did!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Lol, I love the "You look nothing like how I pictured you!" shoutouts.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I thought Red Halberd would have a cape when I went to my first tournament.

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
Can someone please upload that doubles set of Me and Soul against Illmatic and Xyro?. It took place on TV1 (I think, whichever was closest to the laptop station.) and I saved the replays.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yup, I suppose its a little late to be recording and uploading videos. Does anyone still care about TV 10 stuff?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Tesh, can you please stop posting in that ****ing font.

Top Bottom