• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lone Star Circuit Event #2: HOBO 32! Full results are up! Vids/Pics coming soon!!!!!!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Slush==We didn't play at all. WHY AREN'T YOU ON MY SIDE WHEN I'M FIGHTING NIKE???
Sorry we didn't play, Was too out of it to notice even half the people I played, except for Sync and Dphat during tournament. While after/before the tournament I don't even remember the names of the people I played in friendly sets despite remembering the characters... Fox falco IC's Pit MK. Just can't remember the user.

Also I was on your side, just if Nike won I wanted him to choose a more terrible Anime in the form of torture and death.

25: Slush== You should really tell yourself to go to sleep. I think we both suffered the consequences from this tournament. ****ing Mario Party
I wish I could go to sleep, but Friday Night/Saturday Morning it was too humid to sleep so I stayed up all night and day. Saturday Night/Sunday Morning 6 or 7 of us were playing Free for all and making hilarious Custom stages for hours until around 4 AM when K Prime and I decided to play one last game of MP 2.
And yeah... I think the no sleep made me not think straight during my tournament sets, My matches against Sync are an example.

I did get 1 hour of sleep though around 9 AM today so that's good.

===

Will post Shoutouts tomorrow, I might probably go to sleep before I stay up for 4 days with only 1 hour of sleep.

@ESAM - K Prime went last hit last stock against Infinity, both were around 120+%

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Fun tournament everyone. Thank you everyone who showed up! Seeing 50 people at this thing definitely makes the 7 1/2 hour drive worth it. Will post shoutouts tomorrow when I'm finding time to waste at work.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
This was fun.

Shoutouts to Dphat for being 10x cooler than I expected.
Denti for getting 3rd, I'm still going to beat you someday
Bassem for getting 4th
Zori and Infinity because Bassem cheats
Paw for knowing the MU 10x better than me
CSDinah for being a really chill dude
Tesh for your 45 minute MM with Sonic Storm
The venue for being cramped as hell and Xyro for somehow making it all work anyway
Everyone for staying up until 5am the night before being loud and ****

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Were any videos of me recorded other than the set with Tree?
I never get stuff recorded, next tournament I want on a damn recording setup at some point.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Were any videos of me recorded other than the set with Tree?
I never get stuff recorded, next tournament I want on a damn recording setup at some point.
I have your set vs Sync up.

Still have about 5 hours of footage to go through...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, I have at least one set up for you...and I already see at least a few friendlies, maybe another set or two. They should be up later today, just keep checking.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
0: Gnes - Too bad you couldn't be there for singles man. Nice job as always gettin' first in doubles =)
1: Ultimate Razer - Razer going undefeated? Good sh** man.
2: Trela - We didn't get to do our money match =( That's fine though, you probably would have ***** me considering how well you did at this thing. I still can't believe you beat Denti. Those matches were too close.
3: Denti - Dang, best Olimar? We need to play again man. What I saw you doing was scary as hell. Sucks that that 5th game didn't go so well for you, but shake it off and win the next one man!
4: Bassem - Saw your game against Infinity. I don't know how you came back in that one, but nice job getting 4th.
5: Infinity - I realized that you look just like a tennis player named Robin Soderling:

What's fitting is that he's number 5 in the world right now, and you said you were on a string of getting 5th. Coincidence?
5: Illmatic - I really need to play you more man. You've definitely got the Yoshi MU down and I obviously know nothing about Peach. Every time I thought I had an opening, you'd counter me somehow. Nice job getting 5th.
7: Dphat - Don't worry DPhat, Sync and I beat Leaf for you so you wouldn't have to play him again =)
7: Kprime - I'm just glad that I took a game off you. Your Pikachu is scary and I'm glad I got to play you again after 3 months.
9: Zori - We've only played once... we should fix this.
9: Sync - Nice getting 9th man =) We didn't get to play before Xyro was a b**** and kicked us out the venue closed =(
9: Yosh - OMG YOU GOT TOP 10 WITH YOSHI!! =D I'm proud of you man ^^
9: Tesh - OMG YOU GOT TOP 10 WITH SONIC!! =D I'm proud of you man ^^
13: PJ - Saw you beat Xyro. Good stuff man. Wish we had played though...
13: Leaf - Thanks a bunch for housing us man! Sorry I kind of slept for a lot of it though. I don't know why but I was a lot more tired than I usually am at these tourneys (maybe cause Kirby made me drive all the way from "Alaska"). Hope to be able to make it down there again soon. Stay in touch!
17: Xyro - I don't know how you do it, but every time I come down to Houston, knowing that I've gotten better, I think, "I've gotten better. I can beat Xyro this time." You have somehow gotten just as good. Thanks a bunch for hosting the tournament and getting your sh** together. Hope everything with your daughter goes okay and I hope to stay in touch and hear about her =)
17: Bio - Man... The match that we played is by FAR the most stressful match I think I've ever played in this game. I was still shaking after my second match with KBot. It's a crime that we had to play first round. I'm sorry that I put you in loser's so early and caused you not to place as high as you should have. That said, your ZSS is too godly. Your spacing is wonderful and just like when I fought Illmatic, every time I thought I had an opening, you'd punish me. Sorry I played so gay the second game... I've never timed anyone out in this game and I've never even gotten close to doing so, and after you died, there were only 18 seconds left in the match, and I had probably thrown 150 eggs. Thanks for being a good sport about it, because as I said, it was a crime that we had to play first round. We must both raise hell if it happens again! Hope to see you next time!
17: Jerm - 17th? Dang man, you must have gotten bracket *****. I still laugh when you said bye to me outside and then you went up to Kirby and said, "I don't know who you are but see ya." That was priceless
17: Nike - So I beat you and you beat Illmatic, so I beat Illmatic right? That's how this works right? Glad I got to play you man. Your Marth is so legit. I've just got Kirby to play so much that I know pretty much everything you can know about that MU. We must play more next time =)
17: Tree - I still wonder if I would have gotten 9th if you had beaten Leaf. I haven't fought you in many months, but I know you've gotten a lot better just by watching your games against Leaf.
17: KingBeef - I still have no idea what to do against Peach. I think I was starting to get it in our second game, so even if I lost $5, thanks for the MU experience.
25: Rei-Gun - 'Twas awesome hangin' out with you at Leaf's. Hope to see you next time I come down =)
25: Slush - Man, you got bracket *****. You should sleep more next time.
25: A Male Platypus - The Fox/Yoshi MU is weird. It's pretty even, but if one person doesn't know everything about the other's character, then it's a slaughterfest. Unfortunately, I've got probably the most Fox experience of anyone who was at the tourney because I play Johr. Hope you come back and then we can play some friendlies/MMes =)
25: Zano - Same to you that I said to Rei. Fun hangin' with you at Leaf's and hope you come back =)
33: Kirby - Dang, scrub high-tier user gettin' 33rd. At least you beat Leaf though =)
33: Panty - Geez man, what happened? You must have been having an off day or something cause I know you're better than that. Bring it back next time!
33: Diego - Nice to see a familiar face! It took a bit, but I do remember you from Sync's. Hope we can play some next time.
33: Batou - Sorry I didn't join you for the Hyrule Temple madness. I was a little exhausted from playing and I just wanted to crawl under the videogame display case and watch the doubles finals.
33: Kbot - Sorry I put you in loser's man. Those two matches were fun and I hope to play you again in the future.
33: Kilik - Effing legit Sheik. The morning of the tourney when we were doing friendlies, you were ****** me and I was just praying that we wouldn't have to face off in the bracket cause I was scared. Keep reppin her man!
33: Ojih Sama - Too bad we didn't get to team =(
33: Tallman - Didn't see you much during this thing. What happened?

If I missed anyone that I actually conversed with or something, I'm sorry! I'm still a little tired from all the traveling and the constant adrenaline rush. Again, thanks for everyone for coming out!

Denti

Smash Master
0: Gnes== - I was happy yet sad when I heard you weren't entering singles. Maybe I'll learn the Gnes MU another day.
1: Ultimate Razer== - Good **** taking first man. I feel like I learned a lot fighting you. Next time I'll have a harder game, be prepared!
2: Trela== +35pnts - good games trela. Me and you both were fighting LF on nothing but determination and sleep deprivation haha! (I need a second counterpick for Lucario to win a 3 out of 5 set lmao)
4: Bassem== - dang! good stuff! I really wasnt expecting to see you XD Hope to see you again soon.
5: Infinity== +15pnts - Good stuff! I still can't believe I took my first set off of you >.> I wasn't expecting to do that.
5: Illmatic== +15pnts - WE NEVER MM!!!! YOU SHOULD KNOW I ALWAYS LOVE MMs!
7: Dphat== +10pnts - It was great seeing you at this! I wasn't expecting to see you. good **** beating jerm!! :)
7: Kprime== +10pnts - K prime you're a wizard of tech skill. Just sayin. GJ beating Jerm btw.
9: Zori== +7pnts - TRRRRIIIIIPPPPPPPPPP :awesome:
9: Sync== +7pnts - thanks for housing me man! sorry we didn't play any friendlies : O
9: Yosh== - It was nice seeing you again! attend more events!
13: PJ== +5pnts - We'll finish that MM another time. Honestly I kinda wish my music/phone hadn't died >.>
13: Esca== +5pnts - you're so ****ing hard to beat in teams. Just sayin, you have major talent in that section.
13: Leaf== +5pnts - good job beating Dphat, not like every other shout out to you has mentioned that lmao. I'ma try and be original and say that we should carpool to that 3rd circuit event :D
13: Paw== +5pnts - you always make me laugh and i'm not even sure why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GJ btw.
17: Xyro== - excellent tournament like always! I really appreciate all you do for the Texas community. :) Fun man!
17: Jerm== - I can never understand you in teams XD
17: Jrugs== - glad to see that you could make it! are you really attending genesis 2?
17: Nike== - We didn't get to playeh!!!!! D:
17: Tree== - TREEEEEEAKONNNNNNNN WAAAHHHH lol. :cool:
17: Solid Soul== - Good to see that you came here. See you on AiB
25: Slush== - I was sad I didn't get to play Mario party with you. It would have been AMAZING lol
25: Chozo==???? - I'm still surprised that Oklahoma came to this XD GGs man!
33: Panty== - So I just realized.. who did you even carpool with?! hahaha! fun teams matches
33: Batou==???? - I had way fun with our carpool! Always memorable! :)
33: Kbot==???? - dang! glad to see you made it! ATTEND REVOLUTION 3
33: Problemo==???? - Fun carpool! Don't get too frustrated if you aren't seeing results quickly. It took me literally a year to place outside last or second to last place at tournaments, and I think red shadow has a similar story. Don't give up! Always reflect on what you did, and imagine how you could do better and practice for it.
33: Tallman==/ - Still way hyped about genesis!!!! It's going to be so legit! :D

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Well peeps, it was fun while it lasted. I'm going down the path of quitting smash. I should still my Houston peeps at locals n such. And I still plan on going to genesis cause zori won't allow me not to. Was good to see everyone again.

Pj you better start putting in work.

CY

Smash Ace
Well peeps, it was fun while it lasted. I'm going down the path of quitting smash. I should still my Houston peeps at locals n such. And I still plan on going to genesis cause zori won't allow me not to. Was good to see everyone again.

Pj you better start putting in work.
right there with ya buddy.

Tesh

Smash Hero
1: Ultimate Razer== +45pnts- damn, you put me to shame and FAST too.
2: Trela== +35pnts-I'll just have to think of something else.....
3: Denti== +25pnts-good stuff denti.
4: Bassem==Sorry I went Bo5 in a Sonic ditto before we were supposed to play. It took well over half an hour and the venue was closing. Wario/Sonic is one of my favorite matchups (good god maybe i just like camping) and I'd love to play you next time we are at the same tournament.
5: Infinity== +15pnts-hello top player
5: Illmatic== +15pnts-I have a theory that the right side of brinstar leads to a kitchen, where peach cooks a hearty breakfast for her man (the captain.
7: Dphat== +10pnts-hello again
7: Kprime== +10pnts-FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF THAT BUCKET I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU why does it have to kill at zero?
9: Zori== +7pnts-you scary olimars
9: Sync== +7pnts- we didn't play :/ The whole tournament I think I got to play 1 singles match vs an MK and I like that matchup. I'll get you next time I guess. Thanks for my sunglasses, I look so cool now.
9: Yosh==GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD STUFF YOU CAMPY MID TIER JERK, WE ARE BROTHERS NOW!!!
9: Tesh== +7pnts -beat Trela one way....
13: PJ== +5pnts- I will avenge my Pit brother
13: Esca== +5pnts
13: Leaf== +5pnts-OMG OMG LEAF FOR A TIER NOW?
13: Paw== +5pnts-ggs man
17: Xyro==ggs and great job pulling through and making this event happen last minute
17: Bio==HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA YOU GOT TIMED OUT BY A YOSHI!!!??? VIDS PLZ!!
17: Jerm==I'm a wimp
17: Jrugs==thanks for the snake practice man, I have a LONG way to go
17: Nike==HAHAHAHAHAA YOU CAN'T SPELL
17: Tree==sheik is a man
17: KingBeef==gah, another money match missed. Good show vs Xyro.
17: Solid Soul==ggs man, pretty fun set in bracket, nice to finally meet you guys
25: Joshua==ggs man, next time I'm taking you down though.
25: Rei-Gun==did not play you this time, but hello
25: Slush==greetings
25: A Male Platypus==GGs man, glad to finally put a face to the name,
25: Maharba==we have work to do Maharba, for our mighty goddess
25: Chozo==thanks for coming down to Houston
25: Zano==We should have some really long, drawn out, campy friendlies next time
33: Kirby==its a trap!!!
33: Panty==BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKEN, SOOOOOOOOOOOO CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
33: Diego==Glad you are enjoying the character you play more, ggs
33: Batou==did you ever get to MM illmatic? I want to see how that went down.
33: Kbot==nice seeing you again
33: Kilik==we have much work to do
33: Problemo==ggs in teams
33: Ojih Sama==I guess we'll do the MM next time
33: C Spiker==we didn't get to play much this time

Bye Ozz, I barely even saw you this time.

Shoutouts to Panda Express for FREE FOOD, FREE GOOD FOOD, BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE ILLMATIC HAS EVER TASTED AND HE KNOWS IT. YOU TOO BIO. YOU GUYS JUST DONT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU MAIN GIRLS AND PANDA FOOD IS FOR MANLY MEN.

Shoutout to Chik fil A for ALSO giving free ice cream, best food day ever. My stomachs till hurt on sunday, but it was worth it.

Special thanks for Bio for teaming with me, maybe one day my Pit will fill the spot my Sonic can't. Or I'll just go MK or something.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to everybody who came out and enjoyed hobo 32. Here is the pic of the champions:

I will be looking for a new venue for hobo and tys starting in july and will resume in sept. Also, I know alot of you didnt get brawl airbrushed bags so I will be uploading 2 colors silver and gold to my online shop. Click here for the link. See those of you who are coming to TYS Bar Fights 3 next week. Peace out!

Ps: Panda express was 2 gooooooddddddddddddddd!

BioDG

Smash Ace
They didn't get saved, Tesh. And it was almost a timeout, but wasn't.

EDIT: Either you switch characters (because I'm not) or we need new doubles partners in tournament. Let's be honest here: ZSS+Sonic is HORRIBLE.

Top Bottom