• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lone Star Circuit Event #2: HOBO 32! Full results are up! Vids/Pics coming soon!!!!!!

BioDG

Smash Ace
Great tourney!

4: Bassem==Awesome wario, man! That combo at the end was ridiculous.
5: Illmatic== Thanks for the MM. I played a whole lot better this set so that's all I can ask for.
7: Kprime== That bucket is too good. D:
9: Zori== You still owe me some friendlies!
9: Sync== Thanks for your support for the scene, as always! You are really holding this scene together right now so I appreciate it.
9: Yosh== I'm so salty lol. But you deserved that win no doubt. You played excellent. Your patience in those matches definitely made the difference.
9: Tesh== Your sonic is getting better. Keep up the great work.
13: PJ== lol @ Illmatic's drink
13: Esca== You and CY did work. Great stuff.
13: Leaf== We'll keep working on that MU in friendlies
13: Paw== That KB match was so hype. Great stuff! You seem clueless on the ZSS matchup though lol
17: Xyro== That KB match was so hype! It's always fun watching your samus, thanks for letting me enter singles, and I wish you the best in your future.
17: Bio== Playing much better offline! Now you just have to sharpen up your matchup knowledge.
17: Jrugs== Nice to meet you!
17: Nike== Nice meeting you. Amazing Marth and such an awesome guy in person.
17: Tree== Our friendlies are so epic.
17: KingBeef== Nice to meet you and great Peach!
25: Rei-Gun== Nice marth man. Way to represent RGV. I hope to see more of you guys.
25: Slush== Nice to meet you. All the SA guys are so chill.
25: A Male Platypus== Nice to finally meet you. I hope to see you in future hobos.
25: Maharba== We had some fun friendlies. We're gonna work on what's buggin your Pit though
33: Panty== You and K Prime did so much work. Bucket is S tier in teams :o.
33: Diego== Yeah, fun times chillin outside.
33: Batou== I hope you got home okay. Always nice to see you.
33: Kilik== Epic friendlies. You don't do that bad at all vs zss.
49: NA== Nice to meet you, man.

@Xyro

Jrugs = Snake
NA = Pikachu

Ozz+Nike = MK+Marth
Tesh+Bio = Sonic+ZSS

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Denti==DENTIIIIIIIII <33333###33333#33

Illmatic==I owe you a lot.

Dphat==My favorite tournament set so far.

Kprime==I owe you too.

Sync==Next time, our set. We talked about this, and now I promise. Be ready, Sync.

Yosh==Freaking stupid matchup, I hate you. <3 Watch more episodes so you get the jokes.

Tesh==We got the TV out of my trunk, and apparently it's now stuck in my apartment.

PJ==I didn't see you a lot today. But I owe you a lot too.

Leaf==Don't lose this...

Paw==MM, *****.

Xyro==I'm gonna miss you...

Nike==You are lucky. That's all I have to say.

Tree==The MU is horrible and Zelda is a horrible character. I kinda do feel bad after beating you using pika...

KingBeef==Come all this way to get 17th, and I STILL lost to you in a MM. How did that
happen?

Rei-Gun== I'm looking forward to arguing over the fact that I have my plot tonight. See you
in a few weeks. <3

Slush==We didn't play at all. WHY AREN'T YOU ON MY SIDE WHEN I'M FIGHTING NIKE???
Maharba==Is what I heard true? Are you dropping pit?

Zano==Thanks for staying with me, it was really cool having you around, and the adventure
we had when I was trying to get back to my apartment.

Kirby==FOX LOL U SCRUB Y. Take your Dr. Pepper back to Alaska, and don't come
back
feel free to come back at any time.

Diego==I'm seeing improvement.

Problemo==Snake? SNAKE?!? SNAKE!!!!!!

Tallman==SSSSSSSSSS...

Guys, I think I'm done with my break. I'm really ready for this. And I wasn't talking about one specific set here, all weekend I was playing better, faster, and smarter than I was before, in my opinion.

Also, PJ, calm down. You were just an indirect victim of your own trap.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*free ice cream at Chik-Fil-A*

*PJ gets a ******** looking one*

Forever a PJ.

Trela

Smash Lord
Thanks for running your last event for a while, Xyro! We'll all keep this scene alive for ya until you return!

I know I don't do them very often, but here's some Shoutoutz to a couple of you guys that I played and talked to yesterday:

- Good job on your performance yesterday, Razer. You took yet another HOBO back into your hands again lol, and you stopped me along the way. But as much as you still want to kill me, and as much as I still want to kill you, I think we should hold off our rivalry for now and focus on training with the others for Genesis II. Let's take these next few weeks as a BIG learning experience in hopes of getting where we are aiming for in CA!

- You really suprised me, Denti, in how much you've imporved. I mean, I knew that you had gotten better, but I didn't think you'd be THAT hard for me! Great games in Winner's and in Loser's; You taught me an important lesson that I will never forget!

- Don't let what happened yesterday get to you, Sync! You finally made top 12 like you wanted, and you know what you did wrong against the people you lost to. You're now able to go to Genesis thanks to a good friend, so we're gonna make sure that what he did for you was definitely worth it!

- Pj, I really hate to ask you a question like this, but why do you complain so much about unnecessary things? You're always talking about how hard you have it, whether it be about what seed you got in the bracket and who you faced because of it or about your very own character. No matter where you are or what happened to you. you always have to bring something up to someone. Just learn to deal with it, Pj, and to just go with it! You have to prepare for the worst and expect the impossible at all times! There's no need to complain about every little thing that's going wrong for you that day! You have a lot of potential in you, but there's no need to get a big head from that.

- I'm really proud for you, Leaf, and how you did yesterday! I knew you wanted to start doing good because of the talks we used to have, but as time went by, I began to doubt you. Thank you for proving me wrong on that, buddy! I hope to see you do better and better in the future!

- Jerm, we need to find a way to get your drive back again for this game. I know you've been losing it recently, but if you really want to go to Genesis along with us, then you need to start training again, and that's what we're here for! We have what it takes to do something amazing there, so let's start working again and show it to everyone!

- You're improving at quite the good rate, Jrugs! Your catching onto things pretty quick now, and you'll only get better from here! Keep it up and I KNOW you'll start placing higher!

- I didn't say it while you were here, KingBeef, but you're a really cool guy! We always welcome chill players like you down here, and you're welcome back anytime! For now, I'll just say good luck to you in OH with your new TX experience! I'm sure you'll start to shake things up over there, if you already haven't lol.

- I was really sad to hear that you weren't going to be able to make it in time for Singles, Gnes. You have no idea how long I've been wanting to play you again! I'm starting to think now, actually, that because I only cared about playing you, I underestimated EVERYONE else that was there, including Razer. I guess you also have the power to teach me a thing or two about something without even having to throw Bananas at me! Anyways, let's get ready for Genesis!

Once again, thanks for hosting, Xyro! I guess I'll see everyone again at the next Circuit Event in McAllen, and don't worry; Houston will find a ride!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I"m taking up your advice Fogo, it's working wonders.

I am happy about the change. I just need to get over the camp game and I"m good. So I"m asking you guys to always play your best. I do realize that even though my placing is low in the Southwest, I've went to some tournaments in the midwest/other regions and get top ten...so I know that Texas is the hardest/toughest smash area in the United States, hands down....and what better way to get better at brawl than to play against the toughest SOB's in the country?

Jrugs you did well bro. Don't mind my lack of tolerance for the match, I am not in favor for camping because of what I am used to....because In Street Fighter, there is no camping....so don't worry, I don't take my loss towards you personally. I just gotta learn to deal with it and keep my head up in the game. A big part of brawl is learning how to have more tolerance and watching the clock, as well as having a good mindset when waiting for the opportunity to go for it, but I"m learning it as best as I can.

With DMT around the corner I'm aiming for top three. I'm coming for you Dakpo.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I believe I went all Metaknight this tournament
Denti real talk, did you use MK only? Olimar only? MK and Olimar?

Entrants: 50
Entry Fee: 5
Total Pot = 250 + Pot Bonus of 500 = 750

1: Ultimate Razer==:snake: ($330)
2: Trela==:lucario: ($165)
3: Denti==:olimar: ($120)
4: Bassem==:wario: ($75)
5: Infinity==:metaknight: ($45)
5: Illmatic==:peach: ($45)
7: Dphat==:metaknight: ($22.50)
7: Kprime==:pikachu2: ($22.50)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
There wasn't a pot bonus of $500 at this and entry fee was $10.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Oh, alright, thx

What about Denti? What characters did he use?

Entry Fee: 10
Total Pot = 500

1: Ultimate Razer==:snake: ($220)
2: Trela==:lucario: ($110)
3: Denti==:olimar: ($80)
4: Bassem==:wario: ($50)
5: Infinity==:metaknight: ($30)
5: Illmatic==:peach: ($30)
7: Dphat==:metaknight: ($15)
7: Kprime==:pikachu2: ($15)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Eww, you play PT? Drop that trash character!

:phone:
oh hell naw
So glad I got some **** recorded.

Tesh! There's MK vs Marth on your wii, could you upload those?
I WILL UPLOAD EVERYTHING FROM TV 10 AND ANY REPLAYS SENT TO ME FROM THIS TOURNAMENT
Christmas in June is like PT actually winning games.

IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.
pt is loooooooooooooads better than bowser though

double bubble post

BioDG

Smash Ace
Don't tell me to shut up you no hobo money given *****.

I HATE ALL OF YOU!
lol I'm just messing around. I thought it was a joke post.

Anyways, I gave the guy 2 bucks. He went over to me last, so you may not have noticed.

I can identify with you on your situation, though. Some people just flat-out refuse to keep others in mind and it isn't right. In cases like that, though, it can be best to avoid them entirely if they might keep you from being at your best for something important to you.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Oh, alright, thx

What about Denti? What characters did he use?

Entry Fee: 10
Total Pot = 500

1: Ultimate Razer==:snake: ($220)
2: Trela==:lucario: ($110)
3: Denti==:olimar: ($80)
4: Bassem==:wario: ($50)
5: Infinity==:metaknight: ($30)
5: Illmatic==:peach: ($30)
7: Dphat==:metaknight: ($15)
7: Kprime==:pikachu2: ($15)
He only used Olimar. You are surprised? :glare:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
1: Ultimate Razer== good ****. You are Gnes are still like on another level entirely then everyone else. It might change soon though (won't be me though lol)

2: Trela== You're clutch man.. it's bad enough that you main Lucario, but you're natural clutch is so good too

3: Denti== This guy is so aweome! I was soo hyped when you beat Trela, and everyone was rooting for you to beat him again in LF. Oh well, you'll get him next time. Also, thanks again for the car ride. Taking the truck was absolutely awesome and talking with you guys was great too.

4: Bassem== I never talked to you, but I watched your set vs Infinity. Legit

5: Infinity== Congrats on beating Kprime. Also thanks for all the free food that you kept offering in the carpool. I want to make that up to you somehow. Generosity like that should be rewarded. :p (I say that, but when Denti pays for most of the gas, I don't give him anything haha) Talking in the car ride was legit too.

7: Dphat== I didn't talk to you much at the tournament. Next time we're at the same tournament, I need to ask for friendlies.

7: Kprime== WTF KPRIME?! YOU CHEAT'N IN MARIO PARTY! Had fun in friendlies the morning before the tournament. Dude, we need to sleep next time though lolol

9: Zori== Fun playing doubles friendlies

9: Sync== Hahahaha, you got **** on by Mario Party 2. You tried sooo hard to at least not get last and had nothing to show. (literally. This guy was gayed by every random thing imaginable) Thanks for the housing.

13: PJ== Yeah man. Not sleeping was a bad idea. That could have been the deciding factor for my first set. -.-

13: Leaf== Look at you bro. You won't be staying in F-tier long if you perform like this again.

17: Xyro== When it comes to tournaments, this guy gets it done. I've always imagined I'd be a strict tournament host, but I always feared backlash from not being lenient at all. You look like you have the perfect balance of the two.

17: Jrugs== GGs in friendlies

17: Nike== Next time, we should just hang out. We're really quiet in friendlies.

17: Tree== Wish I knew the Sheik match up. You're sheik is legit though.

17: Solid Soul== Man, we had a close set! You got 17th though, so you're pretty legit man. GGs

25: Slush== You should really tell yourself to go to sleep. I think we both suffered the consequences from this tournament. ****ing Mario Party

33: Batou== If we want to keep teaming, I think we should do something to get better.. :( I don't what I did that created good synergy in San Antonio, but we haven't been able to get our act together since. I feel like we aren't taking advantage of our talents. You're really good at goofy amazing stuff and yet, you're playing R.O.B., sitting back, and playing support? I feel like we have our roles backwards.

33: Kilik== You should teach me the Sheik match up bro. Appearantly, I can't handle it lol. :awesome:

33: Problemo== I am disappoint.

33: Tallman== HEY TALLMAN!! Ok, glad to get that out of my system lol. Guy is so chill

49: F.U==I don't know who you are but FU2.

Rocket Trainer: Thanks for the ride man. It was fun chatting about Brawl and it was fun trying to take your place in Mario Party 2 as the Party Demon. I almost succeeded! >.<

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
How do I get MY roles reversed? Your Metaknight....CREATE chaos. Do you think that if I had a tornado I wouldn't abuse it in teams to make openings? A laser and a gyro can only go so far

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Just listened to You Forgot It In People all the way through.

It was... decent.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Thanks for running your last event for a while, Xyro! We'll all keep this scene alive for ya until you return!

I know I don't do them very often, but here's some Shoutoutz to a couple of you guys that I played and talked to yesterday:

- Good job on your performance yesterday, Razer. You took yet another HOBO back into your hands again lol, and you stopped me along the way. But as much as you still want to kill me, and as much as I still want to kill you, I think we should hold off our rivalry for now and focus on training with the others for Genesis II. Let's take these next few weeks as a BIG learning experience in hopes of getting where we are aiming for in CA!

- You really suprised me, Denti, in how much you've imporved. I mean, I knew that you had gotten better, but I didn't think you'd be THAT hard for me! Great games in Winner's and in Loser's; You taught me an important lesson that I will never forget!

- Don't let what happened yesterday get to you, Sync! You finally made top 12 like you wanted, and you know what you did wrong against the people you lost to. You're now able to go to Genesis thanks to a good friend, so we're gonna make sure that what he did for you was definitely worth it!

- Pj, I really hate to ask you a question like this, but why do you complain so much about unnecessary things? You're always talking about how hard you have it, whether it be about what seed you got in the bracket and who you faced because of it or about your very own character. No matter where you are or what happened to you. you always have to bring something up to someone. Just learn to deal with it, Pj, and to just go with it! You have to prepare for the worst and expect the impossible at all times! There's no need to complain about every little thing that's going wrong for you that day! You have a lot of potential in you, but there's no need to get a big head from that.

- I'm really proud for you, Leaf, and how you did yesterday! I knew you wanted to start doing good because of the talks we used to have, but as time went by, I began to doubt you. Thank you for proving me wrong on that, buddy! I hope to see you do better and better in the future!

- Jerm, we need to find a way to get your drive back again for this game. I know you've been losing it recently, but if you really want to go to Genesis along with us, then you need to start training again, and that's what we're here for! We have what it takes to do something amazing there, so let's start working again and show it to everyone!

- You're improving at quite the good rate, Jrugs! Your catching onto things pretty quick now, and you'll only get better from here! Keep it up and I KNOW you'll start placing higher!

- I didn't say it while you were here, KingBeef, but you're a really cool guy! We always welcome chill players like you down here, and you're welcome back anytime! For now, I'll just say good luck to you in OH with your new TX experience! I'm sure you'll start to shake things up over there, if you already haven't lol.

- I was really sad to hear that you weren't going to be able to make it in time for Singles, Gnes. You have no idea how long I've been wanting to play you again! I'm starting to think now, actually, that because I only cared about playing you, I underestimated EVERYONE else that was there, including Razer. I guess you also have the power to teach me a thing or two about something without even having to throw Bananas at me! Anyways, let's get ready for Genesis!

Once again, thanks for hosting, Xyro! I guess I'll see everyone again at the next Circuit Event in McAllen, and don't worry; Houston will find a ride!
because i'm a *****y lil *****.

I don't have a big head tho i sugg digg lol.

Yeah i understand though just gotta just gotta....

OcampL

afk.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I had a lot of fun at this, it was definitely worth making the trip. I just wish I could do this more often : ( I hope I can get out to a tourney every month at least. Anyways, shoutouts!

3: Denti== Just randomly came up to me and gave me a high five for wearing the same shirt, looool. Good job at the tourney!
4: Bassem== Watched you **** Illmatic, which is pretty insane for a wario to do, good stuff.
5: Infinity== Yes I don't talk much, I still barely know anyone here and this is all fairly new to me : ( I'll start being more talkative as I start doing this more.
5: Illmatic== I failed you, I'm sorry! Thanks for all the advice you gave me and I'll start fixing my bad habits.
9: Yosh== Super duper legit Yoshi, fo real. Thanks for all the friendlies at Leaf's place, I don't feel so bad for losing after you doing so well. Next time I'll win more than one and not get 3 stocked in the process, lol
13: PJ== ****ing first round I have to play you. How do kill TL? You were a pretty cool guy though, hope to see you more in the future.
13: Leaf== Again, for the 20th time, thanks for housing/driving me for this, means a lot since I had a lot of fun. Also, AMAZING job on beating Dphat, F tier will be a thing of the past to you soon.
13: Paw== Fun friendlies, ZSS is hard, dflaksdjflks
17: Xyro== Thanks for running this amazing tourney so efficiently despite all the setbacks, you will be missed, but I'm glad I got to make it out to your last one
17: Nike== Beat Leaf so he can "enjoy" School Days. Make sure we play each other at the next tourney!
17: Tree== Didn't get to talk to you much, but you went to ihop with us and got to see you play for a bit at Leaf's.
17: KingBeef== I didn't get a chance to say hi : (
17: Solid Soul== GGs in tourney, I wish I didn't screw up that last game with that whiffed fsmash, need to work on that habit. Legit snake
25: Rei-Gun== You beat leaf, who beat dphat, so that means you're better than dphat. Say hello to B tier
25: A Male Platypus== It was cool to finally see you, enjoy my dollar you won. **** fox, lol, no one knows that MU
25: Zano== Good job failing you ****ing scrub!
33: Kirby== :ganondorf:
33: Kilik== Legit shiek. Took me a while to get used to fighting you at Leaf's.
33: Tallman== Fighting against ROB with marth is just, lkajdflkjkldsjlasfd, but fun games. Banning Frigate for the rest of forever.
33: Tizzle== Mah nizzle tizzle. Got to finally meet you after all this time. Play offline more instead of just wifi, you'll get **** if you do, although texas doesn't really need more Toon Links

Also, I use all Marth, and tizzle used Link/Toon Link. Batou I saw use Falcon and D3 against rei-gun, idk if he used other characters

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
yay home. Quick/lazy shoutouts: GGs to everyone i played in friendlies, and to everyone i played in tournament/MMs, sorry i'm a ******. Special shoutout to KingBeef: One of the best sets i've ever had in tournament :) hopefully we can play again.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shout-outs!

Leaf - thanks for taking 30 minutes to find my bus stop/not ordering the pins/losing your plot to kirby! Many thanks to you and Since for the awesome housing and driving me everywhere! Good **** on beating Dphat. I'm getting all my pride back slowly. See you in 3 weeks ;p

Kirby - Thanks for Leaf's plot. Alaska is too good. And sorry for going Metaknight :[ I just wanted to try it out.

Yosh - You need to not be so good at the Marth match-up :glare: Aaaaaaaaaaapploosa!

Batou - Always a pleasure! I wanted to rematch your DDD with Marth. That wall infinite was sooooo gay and we both killed ourselves x)

Zori - Olimar is lame. Hopefully you come to Nexus because I want a rematch after I study the match-up! Fun games none-the-less.

Bio - Fun games, nice ZSS. Can't believe I let myself get spiked so much in our set :/ Come to Nexus so we can play again!

Razer - dat ain't Nico Robin :p

Nike - Sorry for Metaknighting you the entire doubles set :awesome: And can't believe you wimped out of your match with leaf :p

Everyone else - This tourney was a lot of fun! Good games all around and lots of hype.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I had an amazing time and you all were so accommodating throughout the whole trip. Had a lot of laughs, enjoyed the hype, and playing a tougher scene has helped me push my game to the next level. I'll leave you all some proper shoutouts tomorrow when I get off of work. :)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Tallman, I recorded my money match versus King Beef on your Wii.

I believe he went Metaknight and Marth, I played really well so if you could somehow get the two matches uploaded I would be really grateful. If you can't, you can send them to me through mediafire or just add my Wii FC and Brawl FC and send them to me via WiiConnect.

Leaf, my money match versus Infinity was really fun / close and I would appreciate it if you could upload the matches individually.

Xyro, I had my set against Razer on your Wii.
Tell me if you can upload it, if you can't just send it to me over mediafire or I can get it through WiiConnect.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
kingbeef u made me mad cuz after every kill u taunted

y?
I actually do it so much that it's become a natural reflex. It's usually either that or float dashing back and forth across the stage. xD

Top Bottom