• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
The 'tooo far behind' is the silliest statement ever...people are still starting to play to this day, you just get disheartened when you play me but you need to realize (and im honestly not saying this with an ego) that I can geniunely wreck the extreme majority of people in Melee in the UK, even those who play it, but when you start off learning the Tech Skill and become consistent in it and play with people around your level you will see how much fun it is.
I hate when people say "I'm too far behind to start melee so ill just play easy, boring brawl"

:phone:

>______> Seriously, how long do you expect me to even get up to your level, it'd take me months.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that LOL

It will takes months to be REALLY good but it's worth it.

Plus it's not like the journey of getting good is boring, it's fun having the tech skill challenge their and then getting pass tech skill and then having to learn the MU and then becoming consistent with your tech skill under pressure.

If you were to play Melee who would you play?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's quite funny hearing you say that Unreal...since I actually remember you seeing you at your 1st smashfest and you wanted to quit...and I told you that if you honestly just kept on playing it that you would get better but you didn't believe it at 1st and felt disheartened....and now you're like top 7 in the UK :bee:

SolCalibre

NNID
Solcalibur64
Yes it would take 6-12 months to get fairly consistent, but its worth it for the amount of fun melee is.

I see, I thought so
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that LOL

It will takes months to be REALLY good but it's worth it.

Plus it's not like the journey of getting good is boring, it's fun having the tech skill challenge their and then getting pass tech skill and then having to learn the MU and then becoming consistent with your tech skill under pressure.

If you were to play Melee who would you play?
I'd use Dr. Mario.
It's quite funny hearing you say that Unreal...since I actually remember you seeing you at your 1st smashfest and you wanted to quit...and I told you that if you honestly just kept on playing it that you would get better but you didn't believe it at 1st and felt disheartened....and now you're like top 7 in the UK :bee:
He's top 7 now? 0_o

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
why to you say stupid ***** like this...?
LOL It was a joke cos Jolteon said you would be playing 4 events and I meant it in a way to say that's the only way you could be playing 4 events at the same time.

I see, I thought so

I'd use Dr. Mario.

He's top 7 now? 0_o
Doctor Mario is a decent choice, but very hard to use in High Level but is definitely is a decent character to learn on the journey to improving...

And yes he is Top 7 now...can you do the basics in Melee anyway like L-Cancelling and Wavedashing

And then less then two years later....in the Grand Finals and 2nd in the UK :bee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUhvQlydHew&feature=related

SolCalibre

NNID
Solcalibur64
Mario is a decent choice, but very hard to use in High Level but is definitely is a decent character to learn on the journey to improving...

And yes he is Top 7 now...can you do the basics in Melee anyway like L-Cancelling and Wavedashing
Yeah, Dash taught me some time ago when you, me and that American guy + marvin was @ Dash's house. And Non-lag reach grabbing. (I know I said the wrong term lol)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Nothing about you personally (you probably improved more than I did in that year), just an example of how much I got better vs Falco (my old nemesis) in a year. xD

:king:

Jolteon

btw what is this top 7 nonsense? Unreal is clearly top 5 as he is superior to j3ly. :awesome:

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I'll destroy unreal and deathgazer in a bracket, I've just never came up against them. I always get some friggin peach in my 1st round. I'm gonna aim for 4th AT LEAST at my event. And maybe I'll beat VA if I play like X1-12 so I should aim for top 3.

Jolteon

A few facts about this tournament:

Unreal will 4 stock j3ly in tournament

Team Joltyness will win first place.

Dujuan: You remind me of what I used to be like when I had deathgazer every tournament lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Niiice Peach, I think I know the matchup now tho, so I'll see but I've also been using Peach lol :)

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
This is probably the worst weekend for this to occur I'm going on holiday that weekend my birthday is on the 12th and I'm gonna make the weekend special so won't be able to attend unless you change the date or unless i change my plans but why do you guys always do this to meeeee =[

SolCalibre

NNID
Solcalibur64
This is probably the worst weekend for this to occur I'm going on holiday that weekend my birthday is on the 12th and I'm gonna make the weekend special so won't be able to attend unless you change the date or unless i change my plans but why do you guys always do this to meeeee =[
:troll: ........

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I'll destroy unreal and deathgazer in a bracket, I've just never came up against them. I always get some friggin peach in my 1st round. I'm gonna aim for 4th AT LEAST at my event. And maybe I'll beat VA if I play like X1-12 so I should aim for top 3.
Yeah yeah, but when UK players clock onto the ICs matchup, what you gonna do? Lol

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I'll just get better at the game and the match up. You make it sound like its going to be an easy victory against me but thats good! I want you to think these things.

and yeniths I'm not afraid of peaches. In fact I want you to go all peach against me.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Thats what im saying AD, im sooo **** at the ICs matchup but i sometimes still take games off you, and you never beat me with anyone else.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
You always go on like that, there is more risk for me than you but im saying i can take plently of games off your falco. So no thanks but ill do £2.

SolCalibre

NNID
Solcalibur64
Remember, he plays the Best Falco and the Best Fox in the UK :bee:

You will never be better then him at that matchup as long as my fingers are in contact with a Gamecube Controller
Then on the day, you'll have this itch, so irritating you'll have to excuse yourself to scratch it.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Thats what im saying AD, im sooo **** at the ICs matchup but i sometimes still take games off you, and you never beat me with anyone else.

well I do MAIN ice climbers you know... you always bring up the fact than you can beat my secondaries.

(I'm also sure I was was winning the majority of you vs my peach?)

gm jack

Smash Lord
It is a fair point that as AD is the only IC main in the UK, people don't really have much opportunity to learn a very strange match up, where comparatively small errors lead easily to death.

Top Bottom