• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Anime Con 5 (Sunday July 1st 2012!) MELEE + BRAWL

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Hey it's Fuzzyness again!

Same venue, only a 1 day tournament!

This time I want recording equipment brought with, and also LIVE STREAMING equipment! The venue has amazing net and we should make good use of it.

Europeans are welcome! =D

Sunday is Gamer's Day so it'll suit us a lot better :p but you're still welcome to go to the anime day if you want to pay for it

Grand Finals for Melee Singles + Brawl Singles will be projected in front of hundreds of gamers! This will be around 7-10pm

Also, there's going to be other games going on including DDR, other fighting game tournaments so if you know anyone else interested feel free to invite them :D

Use the #1_ to search this thread easily

INFO #11

REGISTERING #12

TOURNAMENTS + PRICE #13

SCHEDULE #14

RULES #15

ACCOMODATION #16

INFO #11

18+ ONLY, YOU MUST BRING ID

Date

Sunday July 1st 2012

Venue Address

The Rocket Complex London Metropolitan University
166-220 Holloway Road
London
N7 8DB

Directions are on this website: http://www.londonanimecon.com/travel.php

T.V's

About 10 CRT's

Setups

I require the community to bring setups, Otherwise this tournament will not run smoothly, thanks!

REGISTERING #12

www.londonanimecon.com/register.php

Register through the website, but when you Register put "Smashboards" in the notes section and pay only £5 for the sunday, Ignore the automatic email when you receive it saying to pay more!

BASICALLY £5 for the sunday..I had to make this huge and in caps since people don't understand apparently

However if you also want to attend the anime related stuff you can pay £13 and attend both days (sat + sun)

This offer is valid until the 24th June (online) then the price will increase to £20 entry for both days (online)

Otherwise £10 on the door (each day at the event)

TOURNAMENTS + PRICE #13

Melee Singles - £3 Entry
Melee Doubles - £3 Entry Each

Brawl Singles - £3 Entry
Brawl Doubles - £3 Entry Each

Prize Pot Split : 60:30:10

SCHEDULE #14

Melee + Brawl Singles Signups - Sunday 10am -> 12am

Melee + Brawl Singles Pools + Brackets - Sunday 10am -> 9pm

Melee + Brawl Doubles Signups - Sunday 10am - 12am

Melee + Brawl Doubles Bracket - Sunday 10m -> 9pm

RULES #15

General Melee Rules
4 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON
Master Hand Banned lol

Melee Stages

Neutral Stages

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium

General Brawl Rules
No Metaknight Ban
3 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON

Brawl Stages

Neutral Stages

• Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages

• Pokémon Stadium 1
  • Castle Siege
  • Halberd
  • Delfino
  • Frigate Orpheon

Other Rules

Stage Striking
- This is done first game (and only first) of every set.
This is where is where you do Rock, Paper, Scissors and who ever wins gets to Strike 1 of the Neutral Stages, then the Loser Strikes 2 Neutral Stages, leaving the winner to decide from the 2 remaining Neutral Stages to play on

Stage Banning - Each player is allowed 1 stage ban from the entire stage list for this tournament, but not before stage striking occurs

Advanced Slob Picks - Loser ALWAYS chooses next stage, then winner chooses character, then loser chooses character

Daves Stupid Rule - You cannot chose a stage you have just won on, unless your opponent agrees on it

The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is 2 minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After 6 minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set

B.Y.O.C - Bring Your Own Controller

ACCOMODATION #16

http://www.londonanimecon.com/register.php

If you need accomodation, information can be found on that "register" page.

or you can ask a fellow smasher to possibly house you

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
agreed. Great venue.

Btw expect a tough match when any of you play me guys. I've been practicing a lot and my fox should be in pretty good form going into this. Also, I'm back to using Doc as a secondary :bee:

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
I will be going to this.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I'm confirmed for this. Wondering whether to do the SR5 on the 17th or not. Might want a break before the monthly to make it feel more important.

Top Bottom