• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Not exactly the same as your scenario in the advantage, I've found that lodging an arcfire on the side of the ledge in the "ledge grab area" is great against opponents who have a tendency to wait on ledge to edgeguard you with their bair or whatever, usually but not always after your double jump. Essentially shuts down that option most of the time as long as you don't get too predictable.

Personally I love the advantage lodged arcfire you were discussing. Can be used not every time but pretty often, and makes it easier to figure out your opponent's recovery option and/or lead them directly into LS Down Smash. The damage isn't huge but it's a reliable setup, which I think would be great for stalling out Arsene. I guess it depends on what stage of the edgeguard we're talking about, since I think you're right that a direct attack with Levin is going to be better against many characters.

Top Bottom