• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed - Sending Videos* ROB Video Thread (Under new Management)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Used to be JCaesar's, but since he doesn't play Brawl anymore, I can see why he doesn't want to do this.

Post your videos from May 2009 on

Almost every other character has a dedicated video thread so it's about time ROB gets one. I intend to gather here all the best ROB videos on the internet. This is not the place for every ROB video, however. I always find it annoying when I look for videos for a character and I have to sift through a bunch of crappy ones by random people to find some good ones. I don't mean that I'm only gonna be putting vids of the pros on here, but the ROB player has to really know what they're doing and be playing at a tournament level.

I'm going to organize the 1v1s by character matchup. I think this is the best way to find useful information, since most people are gonna be coming here to learn about a specific matchup. It's still early in Brawl's life so for now I'm gonna fill whatever gaps I can with decent players until I find high-level matches with every character. Matches in *bold are the best matches in each matchup (open to discussion of course).

HELP ME REVIEW THESE!
To keep it from getting monotonous, after the link to each match I'd like to put the name of the stage and a few words describing anything notable about the match. I don't have enough time to review every single one, so help me out! Post your minireviews of matches along with the link (so I know which one you're talking about) and I'll put them up here next to the match.

Just for posterity, here are links to the 5 comprehensive ROB guides so far:
Owners Manual: How to use your Robotic Operating Buddy by T0MMY
Reign Of Blasters- A R.O.B. Guide by Eaode
~Deus Ex Machina~ A R.O.B. Compendium by Frames
The ROB Guide Overswarm wrote without realizing it by MookieRah
No Disassemble!: Overswarm's instruction manual for ROB by Overswarm
ROB Community Guide

And the Index of Top ROB Players

---------------------------------------------------------

:bowser2: Bowser

:falcon: Captain Falcon

:dedede: Dedede

:diddy: Diddy Kong

:dk2: Donkey Kong

:falco: Falco

:fox: Fox

:gw: Game & Watch

:ganondorf: Ganondorf

:popo: Ice Climbers

:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff

:kirby2: Kirby

Deadweight (ROB) vs. DC (Kirby) Smashville

Stingers (ROB) vs. ChuDat (Kirby) 1 Final Destination
Stingers (ROB) vs. ChuDat (Kirby) 2 Smashville
Stingers (ROB) vs. ChuDat (Kirby) 3 Castle Siege
Stingers (ROB) vs. ChuDat (Kirby) 4 Frigate

:link2: Link

:lucario: Lucario

:lucas: Lucas

:luigi2: Luigi

:mario2: Mario

:marth: Marth

Deadweight (ROB) vs. Chaz (Marth) Battlefield

:metaknight: Metaknight

Champ (MK) + Z (MK) Vs TheKiest (Kirby) + Silouette (ROB) Final Destination/Pokemon Stadium 1

:ness2: Ness

:olimar: Olimar
Winners' Finals
Mister Eric (ROB) vs Hilt (Olimar) 1
Mister Eric (ROB) vs Hilt (Olimar) 2
Mister Eric (ROB) vs Hilt (Olimar) 3
Mister Eric (ROB) vs Hilt (Olimar) 4 (Got a good over B gimp first stock)
Grand Finals
Mister Eric (ROB) vs Hilt (Olimar) 1
Mister Eric (ROB) vs Hilt (Olimar) 2
Mister Eric (ROB) vs Hilt (Olimar) 3

Glass Joe (ROB) vs. Decox (Olimar) 1 Smashville
Glass Joe (ROB) vs. Decox (Olimar) 2 Battlefield
Glass Joe (ROB) vs. Decox (Olimar) 3 Halberd

:peach: Peach

:pikachu2: Pikachu

:pit: Pit

:pt: Pokemon Trainer

:rob: R.O.B.

:samus2: Samus

:shiek: Sheik

:snake: Snake

Holy Nightmare (ROB) vs. Ally (Snake) 2&3 Frigate

Holy Nightmare (ROB) vs. Ally (Snake) 4&5 Siege/YI

:sonic: Sonic

:toonlink: Toon Link

:wario: Wario

:wolf: Wolf

:yoshi2: Yoshi

:zelda: Zelda

:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus

---------------------------------------------------------

:random: R.O.B. Combo/Instructional Videos

R.O.B. Reloaded: A R.O.B. Gameplay Montage by DullRazor
Rise Of The Machine: A R.O.B. Gameplay Montage by DullRazor
Wavebounce-gyro-cancel by toasty
Robo Burner: The Movie by SuperDoodleMan
ROB is Awesome by Overswarm
System Failure: A R.O.B. Video by JHNY5
A R.O.B. Highlights Video by Boolossus

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Mmm that's some tasty copypasta nom nom nom!

But seriously, this is long overdue, thanks Jumpman.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yea, what ever happened to the Critique thread with that one guy that always did the critiques? That was hella useful 'till that one guy left.

Sudai

Stuff here
Remove all my videos. In an inebriated stupor a few weeks back, I deleted every video except for RustyOld***** off my Youtube and I don't have the raw files anymore.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Remove EVERY Video. Those are all hella old and don't really represent ROB's Metagame anymore.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I. Yep.

Make the limit since like, June 2009 or so. Then we'll start over for there.

I also like how I did it in my video thread where video was listed by player instead of Matchup, but whatever floats your boat.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I agree completely with that. I just copypasta'd JCz's thread. I prefer organization by player much better.

Sudai

Stuff here
I simply don't understand organizing it by player. It's soooooooooooooooooooo much more efficient to organize it by character.. :/

I won't argue though since it's not my video archive nor do I really care about it. Haha.

Oh, and Aye. Start this ***** over.

Except I'd probably keep keep the old videos for rarer characters if there's no recent videos that are better.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Well for 1, it's easier on the person organizing it to organize it by player.

2, it's better to have the "more able" players at the top so people don't see "Oh look, Random Scrub ROB vs. Random Scrub Bowser and I lost to Vex Kasrani at my last tournament, I better watch this vid to find out what to do." You can still just ctrl+f to find matches vs. a character you want, but it's a lot less likely that someone who needs this thread for matchup help would ctrl+f every good player they could think of to try and get matchup help.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I agree with Sudai. :)

What I did when I lurked was just come and look in the old thread and looked on how to fight a certain character. Like I would want to know how to fight Metaknight, I'd go to Metaknight's section, find a vdeio with Overswarm in it (I was a nub :(), and went on my marry way. :D

Sudai

Stuff here
Stingers, thought of doing it based on character and just putting the better videos at the top, the worse videos at the bottom? I know it sounds tedious, but you could always just sort them by player under each character too. I know every single time I've looked in a video thread (for this or any other fighting game), I go for a specific match-up and it's -much- easier to have all of them together than to have to ctrl+f for character name when it's sorted by name.

Anyway. I'm gonna stop because arguing about something I don't care about is ********.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
...Anyway, you can start submitting videos now from May on. I'm not sure if I should sub-organize it by date or by character though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well for 1, it's easier on the person organizing it to organize it by player.

2, it's better to have the "more able" players at the top so people don't see "Oh look, Random Scrub ROB vs. Random Scrub Bowser and I lost to Vex Kasrani at my last tournament, I better watch this vid to find out what to do." You can still just ctrl+f to find matches vs. a character you want, but it's a lot less likely that someone who needs this thread for matchup help would ctrl+f every good player they could think of to try and get matchup help.
Good thing I never accepted videos of random scrubs.

Organizing by player is very unhelpful to people looking for matchup help. It's great for dickriding though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I considered using the word dickriding instead of fanboyism. True story.

Ahaha it's not censored, awesome!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
<---- Vote for organization by character. I believe JCz already said it as well as it could have been said.

Wonder when I'll finally have some videos that aren't doubles. I could've swore I had a few recorded (infinite replay) at Nope's latest monthly (two weeks ago) but apparently not because TheKiest already uploaded everything. :/ Oh well.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Organization by Character - 3
Organization by Player - 2

Might as well go with the majority once actual vids are posted. I just feel that in Deadweight's position, his videos seem more appropriate when done organized by player. When done by character, it's not the best example of how to play those matchups.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
By character it is. Gimme a minute to reformat.

edit: There, start submitting.

Shress

Smash Rookie
I would certainly like to see a recent vs. MK. My neighbor nearly gimped me.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Since I'm not too familiar with TheMike, what are your opinions on his videos? Good enough for the OP?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
All I saw was his combo vid trailer. Mixed feelings. I'm a very tough critiquer since I am connoisseur of video editing you could say, and the quality really let me down with the low frame rate and brightness line problems.

As for the music, sort of bland, but not bad. Titles left me wanting more. But for the clips, some clips were awful and pointless, but some of them were really really nice. I wish the whole video was full of awesome clips like that. If you just made it from what you had, wait till you have enough for a full project and dont rush the product to market :p lolmarketingclass

TheMike

Smash Lord
Sometimes the dazzle has some problems =0
And thanks for ur comment, i am working in a good video ^^

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHd4T5BzGYQ
Beautiful works of art.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245791

Holy: Capitalize on those missed low-percent gimp opportunities!
I swear to god I meant to drop down and fair Ally at 1:27, but watching the video again I should have just grabbed him so he had to dmg himself to recover. That costed me the match, also last match I screwed up and lost my momentum. I have new tricks for Ally, I've finally decided to use backware glide toss and it works well to space. I dunno why but I'm alway behind in Advanced techniques. Took me like a really long time to implement glide toss lmao, too bad it doesnt work to well on Snake cause of his grenades.

Top Bottom